• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined No damage when resized as VIP/VIP+ // More examples in VIP rules

Should the current VIP rules get an update?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Since there many minor things that can lead to VIP abuse, i was thinking that it would be much easier to fix it, and not have to deal with the responsibility to "watch out" for those who do break them. Simply just making it so when e.g:

-You're resized, you can't deal damage (and maybe not take damage?).
-Jet packs aren't allowed on surf maps (Combat surf).

I myself is against it, because i like resizing myself to 1.5 and run around as a black, Russian Robot heavy that doesn't use the mouse. I don't see how it's abuse, but i've been told not to, so i refrain from doing it.
It's just so that people dont get fucked over by their new and shiny abilities

Or you could just specify it in the VIP rules, so it doesn't create confusion. The current ones are quite lackluster.

"Do not use your perks to have an advantage over other players. (e.g: killing players while resized)"
That's 1 example. There are so many minor things that is considered abusing.
I'd like more examples, just in case.

"Using jet-pack to finish a surf map, // gain more speed/height, is considering abusing"
"Resizing in order to gain an advantage e.g. 0.5 original size, to win a sniper duel, is considered abusing"

"Changing your color to blend in with the environments, is considered abusing" (Maybe not, but still)
"Using the bumper cart is allowed, as long as the ones you're playing with are okay with it // you don't forcefully charge at them in order to kill them, or make them miss you"
"Don't fool others into thinking you're able to e.g. Give them jet pack / resize them"
(Obvious but still)
"Don't be obnoxious with VIP "Voice effects". If people are annoyed with them, turn them off"
"Don't abuse the tauntspeed in order to trick people"
(I've tested it, and your model does it faster yes, but the taunt still doesn't speed up)

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
Doing a lot of extra development work to deal with people who can't obey simple rules won't help, we will never be able to stop watching VIP's as we can't cover every single way they abuse with plugins. If they can't use the power responsibly then they shouldn't have it.

As for your points about the rules, they are all covered under the current rule set, it would be impossible to list every single way you could abuse with your VIP powers and giving players a list would just encourage them to find holes in it and claim ignorance. That's why the rule is deliberately open ended, it's not hard to make the judgement of whether or not it gives an advantage and if players are unable to make this simple judgement then how could they possibly hope to use their vote kick and ban powers responsibly.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
As for your points about the rules, they are all covered under the current rule set, it would be impossible to list every single way you could abuse with your VIP powers and giving players a list would just encourage them to find holes in it and claim ignorance. That's why the rule is deliberately open ended, it's not hard to make the judgement of whether or not it gives an advantage and if players are unable to make this simple judgement then how could they possibly hope to use their vote kick and ban powers responsibly.

I didn't intend for you to make a whole list of things, that aren't allowed, but simply a few ones that sparks thoughts, so that people could think in that direction, and be like
"Well shit, this isen't allowed then this probably isn't either"
That was my intention at least.

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Potentially, however the issue I think you might actually just give people ideas on how to troll and abuse.

Potentially, but imo I think it’s worth a shot. Still, I have barely any influence and in the end it’s still up to the the smart heads, at the top of the food chain

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
I honestly like the no damage idea, I did mention something similar to Xy involving just a friendly mode for VIPs and VIP+s.
Friendly doesn't work on the server as it bugged and people can get weapons and kill with them.
It could be added as a VIP perk possibly but it'd be risky as it'd allow for some fairly substantial but easy to catch abuse I guess.

Layka

Steam Powered Trans Girl.
★ Donor ★
Oct 23, 2017
New Brunswick
Friendly doesn't work on the server as it bugged and people can get weapons and kill with them.
It could be added as a VIP perk possibly but it'd be risky as it'd allow for some fairly substantial but easy to catch abuse I guess.
You do make a good point... But there are available plugins that seem to allow players to run around with their weapons and still deal and take no damage.

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
Personally, a friendly option could be nice, especially to new players and traders who just want to talk to people in the server. As for the VIP rules, I think R4 summed it up pretty well. The facts that VIP perks are given to give rewards to those who donate are a privilege not to be abused. The first rule pretty much says not to do anything that would give you an advantage over other players, which would result in the termination of said privileges. I think things are fine where they are atm in terms of the VIP rules.

Roach

★ Donor ★
Jul 15, 2018
United Kingdom
The very specific way which you suggested to outline the rules really makes it seem like VIP's get perks that they can't use at all or it's just abuse.
I kinda like the open-ended rules because then it's down to the VIP to judge whether it really gives them an advantage over other players, and if they can't make that judgment reliably then they're unfit to have their perks, that's just how it goes.

On a side-note please don't introduce a friendly command to combat-surf.

Status
Not open for further replies.