• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Forums Not a jailbreak suggestion, but something for the forums

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
(Un)private forums suggestion

Unprivate the accepted applications on the administrative applications forums

As a good model or a good example for those who decide to apply for admin, I recommend to unprivate the accepted applications for admin and to show copies of the accepted applications. Any personal/private info should be blurred out and the accepted applications thread would be updated as regular. The overall purpose would be for those who apply for admin to have a model to base their applications on. It would seem more logical to base your applications on what is correct, rather than to see what is not.

Unprivate the archived suggestions

In my opinion, this would show the history of suggestions that have been implemented into WL.TF gamemodes. Similar from earlier, any kind of personal or outstanding information would be blurred.

If there is a certain reason that those forums are private specifically, you can let me know and just close this thread.

gaming

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 23, 2021
I suggested this a while back and the main argument against it was privacy and people could just copy accepted applications.
I feel like blurring all personal info would take alot of time and effort and probably isn't worth it. Plus if applicants start copying or taking heavy inspiration from accepted applications, it might be hard to notice without someone going through each and every application and comparing them, which seems like it would take alot of time and effort.

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
I suggested this a while back and the main argument against it was privacy and people could just copy accepted applications.
I feel like blurring all personal info would take alot of time and effort and probably isn't worth it. Plus if applicants start copying or taking heavy inspiration from accepted applications, it might be hard to notice without someone going through each and every application and comparing them, which seems like it would take alot of time and effort.
I mean eventually I feel like someone will notice whenever a bunch of applications will just have similar details, and if that happens then I guess best application (previous) should be put as one accepted application that can be shown as a model.

Stelle

BIG WINS 🤑🤑🤑
Banned
★ Donor ★
Sep 25, 2021
h
like gaming said, it would probably be a big issue for people to copy applications, but it does seem like a good idea for people who want to apply for staff to have a base level of what they should be putting in their application. N

lolnutt

what the pog doin?
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2020
The Deep
In my opinion this could be used but not as its current suggestion for privacy reasons.

Instead why not make model answers that show a good application from a mix of previous successful applications as an example for people that are having trouble making their applications look good.

As a second part to this why not make some staff available to help with the process of making an application with the applicant but make it so they cannot vote on applications they helped with.

^Just a dumb on the spot idea

gaming

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 23, 2021
In my opinion this could be used but not as its current suggestion for privacy reasons.

Instead why not make model answers that show a good application from a mix of previous successful applications as an example for people that are having trouble making their applications look good.

As a second part to this why not make some staff available to help with the process of making an application with the applicant but make it so they cannot vote on applications they helped with.

^Just a dumb on the spot idea
I like this idea, maybe have a couple admins/senioradmins as application consultants. +1

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
Even if you make applications visible to the public, people won't even open and analyze it. They don't even read the rules and requirements. They will only use this opportunity to rip off content from other applicants and this has happened before.
I've said this before on this suggestion:
Post: https://wonderland.tf/threads/make-accepted-staff-applications-public.10807/
Read the replies on this suggestion, some are pretty strong (for both +1 and -1). You may also get an idea.

Plagiarism case:

Most people join the forums with the intention to either make an appeal or apply for staff. You can actually analyze declined applications to make your application stronger. Like Mew once said:
You can learn a lot from the declined applications but unfortunately some people don't do that.
source: this post

Another suggestions I had was to make a good model of a great application, written by a staff member that will guide new applicants and give them an idea on how an ideal application should be. (A full sized application where all questions are properly answered and show how to deal with missing requirements)

Other notes/tips:
Examples of strong but declined applications (determined by the number of replies. Not all of them): https://wonderland.tf/forums/declined-applications.12/?order=reply_count&direction=desc
You can also check an existing staff member's declined application to get an idea.

N -1.
+1 for model answers/application

GorillaJones

Amphetamine'd
Aug 7, 2021
Even if you make applications visible to the public, people won't even open and analyze it. They don't even read the rules and requirements. They will only use this opportunity to rip off content from other applicants and this has happened before.
I've said this before on this suggestion:
Post: https://wonderland.tf/threads/make-accepted-staff-applications-public.10807/
Read the replies on this suggestion, some are pretty strong (for both +1 and -1). You may also get an idea.

Plagiarism case:

Most people join the forums with the intention to either make an appeal or apply for staff. You can actually analyze declined applications to make your application stronger. Like Mew once said:

source: this post

Another suggestions I had was to make a good model of a great application, written by a staff member that will guide new applicants and give them an idea on how an ideal application should be. (A full sized application where all questions are properly answered and show how to deal with missing requirements)

Other notes/tips:
Examples of strong but declined applications (determined by the number of replies. Not all of them): https://wonderland.tf/forums/declined-applications.12/?order=reply_count&direction=desc
You can also check an existing staff member's declined application to get an idea.

N -1.
+1 for model answers/application
apologies, I was unaware something like this was a suggestion