TF2 November 23 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xypher

Owner
Owner ★★★
Updated;
  • Public Voteban: Removed voteban on all jailbreak servers.
  • Public Voteban: Now only usable by Wonderland.tf steam group members.
  • Fixed servers having low framerate due to the last changelog update. (laggy feeling on servers)
    • Will take effect later today.

Last edited:
A question, will the player that got voted can see the vote ban? And if the player do can see, can he/she see the person who casted the vote? Thanks

Xypher

Owner
Owner ★★★
A question, will the player that got voted can see the vote ban? And if the player do can see, can he/she see the person who casted the vote? Thanks
Yes, it’s logged in their ban reason on sourcebans

Reckless Flute Guy

EVIDENCE OVER ARGUMENT!
★ VIP ★
I think, it's quite a bit of a pain to bring a public voteban possible.
I, (or other players like me) who has never been banned, gagged, muted or kicked from the server by a staff member or VIP, run the risk of getting banned as:

Players have previously tried to !voteban, !votekick or even called Admins on me after: Completing a surf map and using the reward perks; killing ''friendly'' players; winning duels; shooting players behind textured walls(Surf); Dominating them;

Most players (Even most of my Steam Friends) think that: I am a VIP on Wln.tf; I'm an admin/staff or they think that people on the forums have special perks...

I/some other players, have been reported MANY times for "cheating", "VIP/Admin Abuse" or simply because some players do not like other surfers/professionals*.

I haven't played too much TF2 after this changelog, but I am sure that Players like me (including myself) will get a ban in less that 30 minutes of gameplay on any wln server...

Now Imagine... VIPs got their perks suspended after Votebans abuse, what would normal players do?

I don't know how this Voteban system works, if I made any mistakes or failed to comprehend this system, forgive me... And explain it.

I'm a Wln Fanboii, I don't want my rep to be tarnished over something I do not understand or I didn't do...

Thanks

*when I mean professionals, I mean players who play this game really good. Can be pro, or an average pro.

Vladdleco

Member ★
I think, it's quite a bit of a pain to bring a public voteban possible.
I, (or other players like me) who has never been banned, gagged, muted or kicked from the server by a staff member or VIP, run the risk of getting banned as:

Players have previously tried to !voteban, !votekick or even called Admins on me after: Completing a surf map and using the reward perks; killing ''friendly'' players; winning duels; shooting players behind textured walls(Surf); Dominating them;

Most players (Even most of my Steam Friends) think that: I am a VIP on Wln.tf; I'm an admin/staff or they think that people on the forums have special perks...

I/some other players, have been reported MANY times for "cheating", "VIP/Admin Abuse" or simply because some players do not like other surfers/professionals*.

I haven't played too much TF2 after this changelog, but I am sure that Players like me (including myself) will get a ban in less that 30 minutes of gameplay on any wln server...

Now Imagine... VIPs got their perks suspended after Votebans abuse, what would normal players do?

I don't know how this Voteban system works, if I made any mistakes or failed to comprehend this system, forgive me... And explain it.

I'm a Wln Fanboii, I don't want my rep to be tarnished over something I do not understand or I didn't do...

Thanks

*when I mean professionals, I mean players who play this game really good. Can be pro, or an average pro.
I understand your point of view but I don't support it. I play a lot of jailbreak and I actually never see ppl abuse the !voteban system. Maybe it is because they don't know the command but I don't think it an issue. Plus, using this command require you to first call admin because it is in the rules lmao and then if no one comes you can use the command.
It is also help the community if none admins are online or available atm even the staff team is really improving on the effectivity from the past week.

Reckless Flute Guy

EVIDENCE OVER ARGUMENT!
★ VIP ★
20181201074734_1.jpg Ok, it started...

Status
Not open for further replies.