Accepted Perm Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2019
I was banned again, not exactly sure what I did as I just opened TF2 and joined my usual server and it said I was banned. I'm not sure if this was because I made an admin angry, I called mercuphobia 'akechi from persona 5' because he set his name to akashi... Bad joke. If that seriously is the reason then I'm sorry merc. I didn't mean to offend you.
ban profile link:
STEAM_0:0:432864043
i don't actually know what i've done wrong. Apparently, i have a 'duplicate account'.
no.
i don't.
Reason: [SourceSleuth] Duplicate Account
i have only ever had one account. i just change my name a lot. If you check my steam profile you'll be able to see all the names I've played as previously. They are ALL the names linked to my account. Because it's my only account. I'm sure an admin has either accidentally done this or they were tired of my mischievious attitude, and made up an excuse to ban me because they just don't like me.

These are the only servers I play on and for this to happen - without reason, may I add, makes me very uneasy and like I am singled out purely because the admins have the power to remove the ones they dislike. And this is a perm ban, too... I'm not sure what to do. I am trustworthy and have many friends in wonderland who some of them even change servers to play with me... I just want to be on WL! Please take a look into this. Thank you.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Sorry for the wait on a reply.

Firstly your ban has nothing to do with that story, in fact it was automatically done by our ban system not by any admin so there's no question of abuse.

Anyway, you were banned because you were detected to be connecting to our servers on an IP address registered with banned accounts, these being:
The last two accounts were banned within days of your ban for the same reasoning. There are many other accounts connected to that specific IP address along with many other accounts connected to IP addresses you've used. Can you offer any explanation for all of this?

Being unresponsive will result in denial of your appeal.

May 26, 2019
Sorry for the wait on a reply.

Firstly your ban has nothing to do with that story, in fact it was automatically done by our ban system not by any admin so there's no question of abuse.

Anyway, you were banned because you were detected to be connecting to our servers on an IP address registered with banned accounts, these being:
The last two accounts were banned within days of your ban for the same reasoning. There are many other accounts connected to that specific IP address along with many other accounts connected to IP addresses you've used. Can you offer any explanation for all of this?

Being unresponsive will result in denial of your appeal.

Thank you for replying. I've had a long chat with Mercuphobia and we cleared some stuff up and we think the reason for my ban was because I was playing on a vpn, ProtonVPN, which had me share the same IP as other players who may have used the same vpn. I asked one of my friends, MrFakwot what vpn he used, because it was shown to me by Mercuphobia that I had played on Fakwot's IP. Fakwot then claimed he used the exact same vpn as me, rendering this a possibility. I was stupid to use a vpn, none of this would have happened if I didn't, and I am sorry for the confusion.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Ok so I do find your case quite suspicious as you were banned within days of the latter two accounts linked. However, ultimately I can not prove an actual connection between you and them so I will give you the benefit of the doubt and let it slide.

What I did find though whilst investigating is use of racial slurs in your chat-logs. I'll let it slide only this time since it was around a month ago and you've already spent around a week banned, but to reiterate on previous punishments you've received: Use of racial slurs or any other form of racism is not tolerated under any circumstances.

Anyway, you are unbanned. Again, make sure to maintain rule-abiding behavior, and be more careful with VPN usage.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.