Accepted Perma banned for "Raiding" when we weren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino

Oct 11, 2020
I just got banned a few minutes ago for "homophobia" i was banned for a day. But now im perma banned for apparently "Raiding" when all i was doing was playing with some friends. If I could get my perma ban removed and just be banned for a day that would be nice.
Me and my friends weren't raiding we were just simply playing the game.
Post automatically merged:

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
"When there was a call admin report on, I joined and banned the person who was spamming the f-slur in chat (after looking through his logs of course)

"Upon banning him, they started to get disrespectful and started saying slurs on mic, including other rule-breaking"

That's the staff member's side of the story. As I see it, if you and your friends joined and were being disrespectful and using slurs, then that sounds like a raid.

Domino

Oct 11, 2020
I was banned for using the dreaded f-slur a few times i was banned for a day thats pretty understandable. But i just wanna know how we were raiding when the only one that was being disrespectful was one of us and using voice chat isn't really raiding, if we were really raiding we'd be spamming chat with the n word and all screaming in voice chat and being disrespectful to everybody in the server. I will admit yes one of our friends was being pretty disrespectful and i will admit that i used the dreaded f-slur a few times but raiding when only one person was really talking doesn't really make sense to me at all. P.S One of your admins or mods banned one of our friends when he wasn't even in the server at the time this happened.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
if we were really raiding we'd be spamming chat with the n word and all screaming in voice chat and being disrespectful to everybody in the server.
Well that seems to be (sort of) what the mod there claims happened. Can I confirm that you believe his side of the story to be inaccurate?

P.S One of your admins or mods banned one of our friends when he wasn't even in the server at the time this happened.
If you're referring to Caboose, that was a misconception on the mod's end and the ban was since lifted.

Domino

Oct 11, 2020
Its pretty inaccurate.
we weren't spamming at all I did press my joke bind every few minutes (which had the f slur and i apologize) but that isn't really spamming.
The only kind of "raiding" there was was when cat was shit talking which was pretty disrespectful and he takes all the blame for it but me and cyan didn't really have anything to do with it. I left to go get my dinner and i come back and it said i was banned. I checked the ban list we were all banned for a day and then it got changed to a perma for "raiding". cyan tried to reason with the admin and he said something about changing my ban to perma due to "Your friends then joined on vc talking about how I gave a invalid reason and then your friends said slurs as well." I do not think that my ban for 1 day was invalid it was pretty reasonable. I used a slur that i shouldn't have but for something that my friends did shouldn't mean to change my ban when i had nothing to do with it. This ban was my second offense for the same reason (Homophobia) I don't really understand why my second offense would be permanent shouldn't be 3 strikes?
If I could just have my perma ban lifted and have a ban for 1 day I will happily take the ban and not cause trouble anymore.
PS I spoke with caboose he told me his ban was lifted.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Sorry for the late response. However, I wanted to give it some time before I responded, as evident by my next point:

Yesterday, you were using that same bind on our sister community, Elysium.tf. May I ask why you were doing that? I also noticed that Cyan was mic-spamming and others were egging him on, granted I don't recall you being a part of that group.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Alright, one last question:

These chat-log excerpts aren't a part of this situation that got you banned, however, they are still concerning and I'd like your side of the story on them:
sLstPQK.png

mvZ1ewV.png

G0aTm5n.png

ItBJf7X.png

Domino

Oct 11, 2020
First screenshot: someone was calling me and my friends hackers and i just decided to mess with him.
Second screenshot: If I remember correctly someone was trash talking or something so I said that probably joking or not don't really remember.
Third screenshot: that was back in april so im not sure why I said the n word I think because someone was talking about those casual bots or something, I normally don't really say the n word in the chat because that is way more offensive and I apologize for it I won't ever say that again.
Fourth screenshot: this was also back in april so I don't really remember when i said this but from reading it someone most likely called me a hacker on the server and just decided to mess with them.
Thats probably all the context of each screenshot of the logs i can remember I sincerely apologize for saying the n word that will not happen again.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I have decided to lift your ban because I do not think there is enough evidence to substantiate your participation in any raid(s) and, therefore, there is no reason to leave you banned. However, if you carry out any egregious rule violations (such as hate speech or toxic behavior), your permanent ban may be reinstated.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.