• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined PETITION TO REMOVE CELL WARS

Remove

• Yeah

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • No (wow i love blu team so much)

Votes: 24 82.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
I will keep this thread as short as possible.
I play BLU, and i play RED, both equally.

Now, to the point:

Cell Wars is unnessary, unfun, and generally, annoying.
In a cell wars game, it is typical for more than half of the red team to die -- and this is in the beginning of the round.

Now you may say, "wow, orangutan, but it's 3 days per one cell wars game, i think it's justified" .... NO.
What's the point of cell wars? is it fun to you blus? There are so many better alternatives to reduce the amount of reds if that was your goal -- nine square, etc...
You gotta be more considerate of the dead players man

There are way more better alternatives to decimate the team, rather than to do the most unfun way. This way, players can have the best on jailbreak as much as possible

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Yeah no. Imagine not giving blues a chance to contain reds on hard times. They wouldnt get a chance to learn. I dont do cell wars unlese necessary. Most of the time anyways reds kinda beg for it, so.

Reactions: Hypernova

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
Yeah no. Imagine not giving blues a chance to contain reds on hard times. They wouldnt get a chance to learn. I dont do cell wars unlese necessary. Most of the time anyways reds kinda beg for it, so.

Nine Square
Out of Cell Rebel Day

+numerous variants of trick orders

And yet you still agree to Cell Wars.
You just don't play red much, that's why you're biased

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
You know, some people like cell wars, and like Mr. Redd stated when blu team needs a chance to contain reds especially when there are minimal guards or reds rebel to an extreme. I believe the three days in between is a good way to balance this. Honestly, it would be unnecessary. The only reason why people wouldn't like it because they're a weak class.

Reactions: Hypernova

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Heres the thing trick orders are for people like who know there way around them. Imagine a new blue who barely knows rules. I had to play so many people for not knowing that they freekilled. Look just no. Im sorry but they need it. Imma tell you this now im going with -1.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Oh I just read the final part. I have played red a lot. Mostly autobalance and I prefer red to fight blues. I know when cells wars is gonna happen and I spent near 100 hours on degroot trust me. Cell wars is kinda a keeper.

Plastic

𝓛𝓮 𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓬
★ Donor ★
Jan 22, 2020
The
I personally would not remove it, due to if reds are abundant there would be no real way to fix the overpopulation issue on tricky rounds, like when they rush guards and *cringe* work as a team! *gags*

It makes being a warden easier
Is not such a big deal to reds
The off chance server migrants join the server and do not know cell wars is not allowed, due to it being allowed everywhere else, and players getting angry at the warden for no real reason besides a misunderstanding. This already happens to a certain extent with meat grinder aswell.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Cell Wars is a staple minigame in Jailbreak at this point and, so far, it seems most people want to keep it. -1 to fully disallowing it.

However, what other communities have done is add a BLU limit to when Cell Wars can be done (e.g. if there are four or more BLUs, then Cell Wars can't be done). We could do something like this. Personally, I am fine with how it is, but I will admit that you're not the first person to complain about the minigame.

Or we could have a limit on BLU team for all FF activities and, in exchange, lower the FF round-limit to once every two rounds or something.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
^this I remember on my stay on other communites. I would love to see this on WL servers so. +1 to eigths idea. However some people believe this is a rule on the community. So maybe this might clear something up.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Starting off my opinion on this by addressing that:
  1. I always play on RED
  2. I'm dead after cell wars 90% of the time - that remaining 10% being if I'm the only one in my cell to begin with
  3. There are times I refuse to play jailbreak because of this and prefer to spectate given that's how I end rounds with cell wars to begin with anyway
So I already came into this thread with major negativity bias against cell wars, and dread any time it's been three days since the last time friendly-fire was enabled.

I know I'm not the only one who's opposed to cell wars but unfortunately more people love the microgame than hate it, so it would be unjust to take it away despite our woes with the barbaric microgame.

I'm liken to @Eight's idea on the subject, as I always see cell wars done whenever there is a combination of the following, and leads to very imbalanced teams
  • 8 BLUs v 24 REDs - the maximum in 32-player servers
    • This leads to anywhere from 8-12 REDs left versus the 8 BLUs that began the round with, which is imbalanced and allows little rebelling
  • 4 BLUs v 12 REDs
    • This potentially leads to 6 players alive, which again is a balance issue
Times where I can accept cell wars can be done is for the following:
  • 2 BLUs v 6 REDs
    • BLUs stand little chance against that many REDs, so on the condition friendly-fire is legal, this allows BLUs to have a decent round
  • 1 BLU vs imbalanced number of REDs (3, 5, etc)
    • This once again allows the BLU in question to have a decent round with little rebelling

Another thing I've noticed is if the previous LR is any of the following, then cell wars will be done the following round to crutch the REDs from effectively rebelling:
  • Guards Melee Only
  • 100% CRITS
  • x10
  • Usain Bolt
  • Overheal Day
  • Guards Marked For Death
Which is hugely disappointing when most of these LRs are so fun to use as a RED.

I still hate the microgame regardless, but more people love it and hate it so it's not like we can say much about it.

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Yes you can. Lr, having rebelled multiple times, reds suggesting it. Plus thats only for one class. I understand you play spy but still having him backstab is too strong. That or plain useless due to having to be real good or really confident.

Status
Not open for further replies.