• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Ping limit on servers

Enable a ping limit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
Duh, I have 200+ ping on many servers I play on Wonderland...
But nothing stops me from playing on these servers.
The idea is maybe good, but the day they start restricting players with 200+ ping on Wln, it will be my last days here difficult to find other surf/trade/ZE servers other than Wln...

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Duh, I have 200+ ping on many servers I play on Wonderland...
But nothing stops me from playing on these servers.
The idea is maybe good, but the day they start restricting players with 200+ ping on Wln, it will be my last days here difficult to find other surf/trade/ZE servers other than Wln...
Where are you where you get 200+ on most servers?

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
Where are you where you get 200+ on most servers?
South-east Africa... Mauritius Island, to be exact.
As there are rarely South African servers, the only servers that are close us are Singapore servers but still, i have over 150 ping on SG servers. Plus I have like 1800 hours on Wonderland (over 70% of my total playtime is on WonderLand)
Restricting players with ping over 250 is a good idea to implement on Deathrun or Jailbreak.
The server with the lowest ping on wln where I play ususually around 140-180 ms

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
South-east Africa... Mauritius Island, to be exact.
As there are rarely South African servers, the only servers that are close us are Singapore servers but still, i have over 150 ping on SG servers. Plus I have like 1800 hours on Wonderland (over 70% of my total playtime is on WonderLand)
Restricting players with ping over 250 is a good idea to implement on Deathrun or Jailbreak.
The server with the lowest ping on wln where I play ususually around 140-180 ms
It would be great to get african servers .so than when i'm at my home country in summer i can play wln african servers at morocco.

Oreos

:I
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 8, 2019
Italia!
I really like the solution you have proposed on Jun 29: having this autokick system on the servers listed by you would really benefit the community, but I would like to add to your list stock map servers, as fighting people with high ping can be really annoying at times.
Also I think that a max ping of 200 would be the best option.

Reactions: Vladdleco

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I've never personally experienced myself or somebody suffer from high ping, but I can definitely see it becoming an issue for when I play deathrun, high ping-ers have the potential to teleport in and out of trap zones.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Still, almost a half of WLN players would be kicked a ton.
Think of it like this:

You are a regular wonderland player who lives in LA. You try to join LA JB but you can't because the server is full. Now, you have to play on a server with higher ping.

Now, on the same server, you have 8 dudes with 200+ ping who could play on our SG servers, but have no incentive as no one joins it because they can just join LA. The facestab the warden every round.

Another example:

You're playing Deathrun. You're the Death. You have one last trap, and one last scout. The scout runs across it and you catch him. But, just then, that scout fazes through a wall and wins the game. You check the ping. 600+ God damn ping.

If that doesn't convince you, I have dozens of examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.