• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Post jb update fix suggestion

Re-enable random crits for melee

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linuxas253

Aug 4, 2020
Removing crits is good, but in wonderland jb servers it was executed very poorly. You see, melees have a WAY higher chance to crit(15% crit chance, goes up as you deal damage), than ranged weapons, so the crits (even tho random af) were balancing the red team. Crits gave a chance for reds to rebel. What I think that you should implement(if possible) is to increase melee damage by about 25-30% Because at the moment the chance for reds to rebel has gotten down drastically, and this ruins fun for both reds and blus. Blus will get less action fighting rebellers, while reds will have nothing else to do, but to do minigames, and since most jb servers(if not all, idk) are fixed to a single map now, the minigames will get boring quite quickly. This also means that the community will be less stable and by that I mean that the servers will be filled by random people, that haven't played the minigames for that long, and seeing the same people on a server will be way less common. And, of course less people will buy Vips, I know that you care about that, lmao. Also, getting map rotations again would be great, but that's not what this post is about, so, thats it.

E-la

失望
★ Donor ★
Jun 22, 2020
Philippines
random crits is bad, why would u want it to be back.

also, why would you want reds to have %+ melee damage, that's like bad for blus in their side.
Post automatically merged:

i misunderstood the first part but, they executed it pretty well i guess.

Linuxas253

Aug 4, 2020
I think you misunderstood, Im not saying to add the crits back, simply buff the melees back. You see, ranged weapons rarely ever crit, while melees crit a lot of the times, all im saying is that the reds need to be a bit stronger with their starting weapons for them to rebel. Rebelling is an essential part of the jailbreak, its where most of the fun comes from to people who play jb regularly. Crits dont need to be added back, simply make melees do more damage.

Last edited:

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Ive played on la for 2 years. Where random crits wasn't a thing. Rebelling is perfectly fine without a melee buff. It's quite fair already. Giving a melee buff. Instead of being smart and rebelling. Walk forward press m1. Again -1.

E-la

失望
★ Donor ★
Jun 22, 2020
Philippines
I think you misunderstood, Im not saying to add the crits back, simply buff the melees back. You see, ranged weapons rarely ever crit, while melees crit a lot of the times, all im saying is that the reds need to be a bit stronger with their starting weapons for them to rebel. Rebelling is an essential part of the jailbreak, its where most of the fun comes from to people who play jb regularly. Crits dont need to be added back, simply make melees do more damage.

buffing melee damage makes rebel (especially scouts without damage penalty) even more easier as it would make the gamemode very unfair for those who wants a normal round. though rebelling indeed is an essential part of the mode, it just breaks the fairness. so - 1

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
-1 the random crits were such an annoying feature, because lets take this situation for example - you are fighting multiple rebellers and you stand no chance against them - but then bam and bam, double random crit wipes 2 out and leaves the rest to probably run or die

and then if you are hunting down a single rebelling demoman with a skullcutter as a pyro and have the jackhammer out, and then you get hit with a random crit, not even giving you a chance at killing him

all in all random crits are very annoying to play against and i would never like to see them again on wln jailbreak

as for the damage buff - bruh here have a 101 damage hit to your fucking face with a skullcutter or backscratcher why not

Prxme

Post Post Post
Jan 4, 2018
The United Kingdom
"getting map rotations again would be great"
I think map rotations should definitely be added to 7.7 custom warden again, as it previously did have rotations and attracted new players but currently now it's the same people on the server all the time because it's only 1 map. If there is more variety then there are more players who can choose more options.

"is to increase melee damage by about 25-30%"
I don't think melee damage should be increased as i'd just go demo man and pick people of with medic camping. And make the round extremely annoying for the warden to have control over the reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.