Should Random Crits be removed?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alibi

Forum Activist
Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Valve has finally decided to ask public opinion on Fair and Balanced Random Crits™

D0C3826AEDDC333076DD7A529962FEC82DDB53F2

It is your duty to vote down this horrible and cancerous mechanic. Only with your help can we have a future without random crits.

This PSA has been brought to you by Mann Co.
"We sell products and get in fights."

SuperGuard

British Quality Gentleman
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't think people will ever stop complaining about random crits, but they play a major role. In a fight, rather than having completely one sided fights (e.g. an Engie vs a Heavy), random crits can tip the scales in the other guy's favour. Granted some weps have higher crit rates than others and this should be more balanced but removing them is in my opinion unnecessary.

Reactions: Llabruf

RulerOfTheFae

Forum Activist
Aug 26, 2017
Canada, Ontario
I say don't remove them for many reasons.
In jailbreak alone I can name a few reasons why it should be kept:
-Reds camping a strong medic building
-Sudden mass rebel
-It feels great to get a multikill from a critical rocket.
Normal game play:
-Winning fights against all odds.
-That feeling you get when you finally kill that person that you can never beat using a random critical.

I think removing them would be silly, as they are very fun and as long as you are fighting someone that doesn't mind laughing with you, it makes all gamemodes way better.
(Except competitive obviously)

Vick Dude

Feb 9, 2018
It's satisfying to kill one with the random crit but annoying as hell once you get killed by one. They play a big part in the game and that's partly why I don't want it removed. And as you guys implied, it makes the fights more unpredictable due to the random crits which is more fun than constantly getting killed by one heavy as an Engie for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.