• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Random Crits on Jailbreak

Remove Random Crits from Jailbreak Servers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonic Odd

Platinum
Jul 16, 2017
Random crits on jailbreak should be removed on all servers, in my opinion.

In doing so would remove the feeling of “randomness” and will actually make people feel good about killing someone. Thus inducing skill rebelling.

There are many instances of rebellers charging blindly into the guards, one of the worst rebelling tactics to pull off, but luckily managed to kill off the guard with a random crit instead of a normal hit in which favors the rebellers to do horrible ways and survive direct after.

Just imagine going on a kill-streak with your “super epic” skills but get killed randomly by a random crit from a guard or a rebeller, because of random crits even if you surprised them.

It doesn't add balance between the rebellers either. Imagine running away with the perfect plan, you're almost out their sight, but you get sniped from shotgun pellets which happened to be random crits, destorying your whole health in an instant.

This can happen in fights, cellwars, or even single duels which should've been fair from the start until one of them got them with a random crit.

What's your opinion on random crits on Jailbreak?

Liquidation

Still in college
★ Donor ★
Jul 19, 2017
N/A
I can support this as one removing them entirely does make it feel more skill based and less luck based, whilst making it harder but more rewarding to rebel and kill in jailbreak, as well it would make it easier for classes sniper and spy to not get taken out instantly via a crit, so I think removing them from jailbreak is a must and k don't play on other servers to really see the impact they have.

Demonic Odd

Platinum
Jul 16, 2017
Crits are needed, because if the guards are baiting you to kill them, so it just becomes 50/50 chance to kill them whit a crit, so in my opinion I do not think its a good choice to take this small flaw out.
It might then become unfair for the others. (red team)
Its considered as a huge downside for reds, the baiting part is quite minor if the blues are smart enough not to bait.

In all fairness, the red team has more downsides than the blue team, keep in mind that blue team has random crits too, so their guns might one-shot you depending on which class you are when you're rebelling. As I said, it benefits the blue team more than the reds, because they're using actual guns unlike the prisoners. Making it unbalanced for rebelling and fights

Kumpir

Lvl 13 Anime Hater
★ Donor ★
Aug 19, 2017
Turkey
I like rebelling. Everybody like rebelling but maybe except some guys who joins to the BLU Team ASAP and don't leave it.

Remove random crits from BLU Team.

BLU Team is already powerful. They have guns. They do not need random crits. A BLU is always have an advantage to kill a rebeller. Only chance a RED can kill a BLU is random crits. That's already an unfair fight, removing random crits entirely will only make this fight even more unfair.

Now some will say:
-But Kumpir, RED players must obey to BLUs. That's the point of the Jailbreak gamemode.

Well, not all of JB players want to be warden's little tiny obedient merecenary. Some people just want to charge to BLU and...

-195 damage!
-149 damage!
-105 damage!

It's so satisfying to kill someone who have a lot of advantage against you. Also if you kill a high prioraty target, you can watch how all reds are beginning to rebelling.

Poot this thing here

Hello sirs
★ Donor ★
Dec 28, 2017
Europe
b4s3d 0n Aa tTrUrue sTorY

You're a scout who just rebelled. You are running for your life whilst half the BLU team is chasing you. You try and think of a way to escape when the first thing that pops into your head is the ladder closest to you. You run up the ladder, knowing that the BLUs have no chance in catching up with your speedy little arse, until suddenly, OUT OF NO WHERE, a pyro with a gibus looks towards your direction, with his flare gun pointed towards you. He is standing completely still in order to insure that he will not miss the flare shot. You see the pyro aiming at you, though the ladder has rendered your dodging to the minimum...the feeling of the inevitable flare kissing your face can only be described as adrenaline. Quickly realizing that your HP is down to 100 after the BLUs have shot you a few times, you realize that the pyro could never finish you off with a single flare, therefore you feel a slight relief. Realizing the situation is in your favor you quickly draw a smirk on your face and turn around, and just before you reach the top of the ladder, that one sound plays, that one sound that you NEVER COULD HAVE PREDICTED. THE HUGE SOUND A CRIT FLARE CLIMBING UP YOUR ASS SO DEEP THAT YOU COULD FEEL IT BURN OUT YOUR HEART AND SOUL. the 90 crit flare of death. there is nothing you can do. you run and pray, but there is no use. You soon realize that you, are indeed, dead. The freezecam is the most horrific sight you have ever seen. The look of pure terror just mindlessly staring at nothingness. The look on your face cannot be described with human words.
Slowly, you become insane and realize that there is nothing good left in the world. You grab a knife and you tell yourself, "Why are we still here? Just to suffer?" You slowly take the knife, and stab your eyes out, whilst telling yourself that no matter how many times you stab, the horrific sight will never leave your mind. You are officially insane, and there is nothing you can do about it. please remove crits, the cons are way more life threatening than the "pros"

Thanks for reading my little essay :3
I spent 30 mintues writing this

Liquidation

Still in college
★ Donor ★
Jul 19, 2017
N/A
I would like to expand on my point from earlier by simply adding the pro's and cons -
Pros:
Gaurds cant get one hit
Prisoners are not at a larger disadvantage as gaurds with crits or more lethal than prisoners with bats
Makes rebelling more challenging whilst also making it so that it requires more of a skill based player to get away with kills other than getting a lucky meat shot crit with scatter or a crocket.
Reduces the chance of gaurds being taken out by mass crits due to baiting or being simply rushed by two scouts.
Cons:
N/A

obviously this is my personal preference but I think that if we are going to remove random crits to reduce the randomness of the gameplay I think we should reduce spread/spray on weapons such as the scattergun, obviously this comes under a different aspect entirely but I think it needs to be adressed if we are basing it of randomness.

Demonic Odd

Platinum
Jul 16, 2017
I like rebelling. Everybody like rebelling but maybe except some guys who joins to the BLU Team ASAP and don't leave it.

Remove random crits from BLU Team.

BLU Team is already powerful. They have guns. They do not need random crits. A BLU is always have an advantage to kill a rebeller. Only chance a RED can kill a BLU is random crits. That's already an unfair fight, removing random crits entirely will only make this fight even more unfair.

Now some will say:
-But Kumpir, RED players must obey to BLUs. That's the point of the Jailbreak gamemode.

Well, not all of JB players want to be warden's little tiny obedient merecenary. Some people just want to charge to BLU and...

-195 damage!
-149 damage!
-105 damage!

It's so satisfying to kill someone who have a lot of advantage against you. Also if you kill a high prioraty target, you can watch how all reds are beginning to rebelling.
It will just make rebelling feel random and not taken granted by skill. So everytime a rebel occurs, its only by slim chance of luck, it makes rebelling just random. And if you need to be feeling random to be successful, then its something wrong with your planning to rebel, not the guards.

Everyone knows that bringing a knife to a gunfight is a suicide mission, so that is why armory or any other areas with ammo is an option to break into and surprise the guards after.
Going unarmed against a person with a gun is idiotic and not recommended unless you're a god of dodging but i'd doubt it.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Bump.

Also I'm Neutral. I'm generally against interferring with game balance mechanics inherit to TF2 (another example of this would be the Pyro nerf). I'm sure that arguments for random crits can be made, although I wouldn't be in the position to make them. Then again, I am also hesitant to jump on a bandwagon of removing random crits, so I can not support this suggestion yet.

Vladdleco

Forum Extremist
Jul 2, 2018
France (Baguette Land)
I think random crits are fair and balanced (It is not a joke this time).
For reds, it is a way if you are lucky enough to kill easy baiters and if you want to rebel.
For blus, it is surely less balance for them they have weapons which reds don't have. However, if we keep random crits only for reds it will maybe make the game unbalanced if the reds get ammo.
I think we should just keep random crits as they are rn because I don't see any BIG issues with keeping it.

If you get killed by a random crit, it is just the game and don't be mad about that. You might get one too.
So -1 Am I the only one wanting to keep random crits ?

Reactions: Marjoribanks

Marjoribanks

Nov 6, 2018
How else am I meant to kill BLU? (i dont have skill) It's good for balance, a smart BLU wouldn't be in melee range, and if he is then it gives RED a chance to kill, rewarding us for actually rebelling. This argument is dependent on whether you play guards or prisoners, and exclusively playing prisoner myself might make my choice biased but imo it gives the game balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.