1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Declined RasPOOTIS' application v3

Discussion in 'Declined Applications' started by Ra Ra RasPOOTIS, Feb 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS ★ VIP ★

Requirements:
    No VAC ban(s) on record | Info [ ✔ |
    Clean [+]SteamREP | Info [ ✔ |
    No registered bans on the community. (Depends on severity) | Info [ ✔ | (One joke mute from Ray)
    Member in our steam group | Info [ ✔ |
    At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ✔ |
    Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours |✔ ] (1025)
    Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ✔ | * (731 Hours)
    Team player with great communication skills (English) [ ✔ | *
    No limited steam account. | Info [ ✔ |
    Forum Activity (at least +10 forum posts) [ ✔ |
    * = indispensable requirement

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): 24 (27/08/93)
    Steam Profile Link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/rasPOOTIS

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
    How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 9
    Will you be able to help donate monthly?: Probably not every month currently but as much as I possibly can.
    Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:
    Mon-Thurs 1200-2300 EST
    Fri-Sun: 0900-0000 EST
    (Note: All times are subject to change due to breaks or something going on IRL. I am currently sporadically employed so I am able to be on most of the day in Eastern Standard Time (UTC -5) but that is subject to change.)

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
    I have not held an administration type position for a TF2 community but I have been in a leadership position for a Call of Duty clan back in 2011-2013 (had to step down because of my deployment to Afghanistan). The position required ensuring players adhere to our code of conduct and keeping accountability on my squad at all times. Also, I was the commander/owner of a Warthunder clan.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
    If I receive acceptance as a server admin and forum moderator, it will give me the opportunity to assist the community to become a friendlier place as well as assisting newer players learn the ropes of TF2, the forums, and providing me the opportunity to be part of something larger than myself. Correction of misbehavior and rudeness can help the community and allowing me the ability to be a part of the administration team will add another pair of eyes, ears, and train of thought to the day-to-day operations of Wonderland. Also, with my having been around the Wonderland servers for a while, I have a baseline knowledge of who and what to watch out for and who some of the repeat offenders are. The longer I have been in the community, the more I have had a chance to watch the current admins work and I am amazed at how helpful and fast acting the staff are and it has given me a drive to be a part of that team. I have become fairly well known by the regulars on the Wonderland servers I frequent and I feel that could be a good asset to the ease the burden of staff by having more players that are able to assist in reporting players either directly to me through direct messaging or by utilizing the !call command. It will also give me the ability to run and oversee events that the players on the server might want to do so long as it adheres to the community rules. Also, due to my computer and internet, I will be able to assist on EU servers without much lag easing the work load on the EU staff.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
    I could help improve the community by encouraging fair play and help create a friendly environment that is a fun place for both new players and veterans. Setting a strong example for the community and showing players that Wonderland is a friendly and fun place could be the difference between players staying with Wonderland or moving on to another community. Having another member of the team that is easy to approach and fun to play with can make a big difference in how someone would view the community as a whole. I ,by myself, might not be able to make much of an impact but if I can help at least one person with the assistance they need, it will be worth it. Also, I will be able to assist in handling reports during the times that other staff members are unavailable due to school, work, or the time of the day.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
    Most of the JB servers, the Deathrun servers, the Zombie mod servers, NY Turbine, NY Surf, EU Surf, the Minecraft worlds, NY Mariokart, Idle engineer servers, Orange x1000, the Minecraft trade servers, as well as quite a few other Wonderland servers that I don't play on regularly but I get on from time to time. I'm typically on the servers from around 10am (EST) and I typically get off from time to time to take a break, eat, use the bathroom, etc. and then stay on until maybe 9 or 10pm but it all depends on the day and what is going on.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
    I have no actual experience but I've been reading up and watching YouTube videos and I think I understand the basics as well as using the VIP menu.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
    I am currently a VIP+ as well as getting people to play on the Wonderland servers. I have frequently requested staff members to join the server I was on (for hackers, players impersonating staff, mic spammers, etc.) either by utilizing the !call feature or by directly messaging them through Steam or by posting my recordings and reports on the forums. I also have been assisting players in games by helping them with the server commands and letting them know if they are breaking the rules as well as trying to recruit players into the forums and/or donating.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
    I believe I could be a valuable member of the team by adding another perspective to the administration. While I have no true admin experience, I have a drive to better my knowledge not only to benefit myself, but the community as well. Currently, I don't have much going on outside of TF2 and I am able to be online most of the day and late into the night. I have also had the chance to watch how different admins handle different situations as well as what to watch out for. Plus, I like to bounce around between servers regardless of player count. I feel like I can be easy for players to approach if they have a problem.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:
    I can come off as crass but I try to be blunt and fair. Please feel free to ask me any questions or if anyone just wants to talk, I am available through Steam almost any time. Thank you for spending time reading this and I look forward to hearing if there is anything I can do to improve upon this application.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. =WL= | Mc_Duck

=WL= | Mc_Duck Why are you looking here? Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

Pros
    - JB
    - VIP+
    - Active
    - Mic

Neutral
    - Can't donate

Cons
    - Nothing

I play with you a lot, and I know you have improved since last app.
    So I'll be giving a
    +1 for now, and see what others have to say.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. SuperGuard

SuperGuard The British Guy Admin ★

+1
    Apart from not having any experience as a TF2 Admin before, this is completely spotless. I know that you're a very pleasant and friendly player and that you're extremely active on the servers, discord and forums. I see absolutely no reason that you shouldn't be staff here. Good luck!

4. Vanduo | Joyuu

Vanduo | Joyuu Just a college student Honorary Member ★ ★ VIP ★

Ye
    (I have met you both in server, discord and forums, you are very calm and relaxed very easy to get along with, know the rules very will and seem extremely suitable as staff, I would love to see you get accepted, best of luck Mattaroni V2 ;3)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. Vriska

Vriska (vriska) Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

Positive:
    • Working, clear mic
    • Available most of the day
    • Previous leadership positions held
    • Freakishly large amount of hours in servers
    • Friendly and welcoming attitude
    • Experienced on different server types
    • VIP+
    • Active on forums/ discord
    • Maturity
    • Improvement from past apps
    Neutral:
    • No source mod experience
    • Cannot donate
    Negative:
    • Nothing to note

One very trivial concern we have is your overuse of lenny binds, which, although in itself is not seen as disrespectful or malicious, it is not the most mature practice and we would advise you to not use them in the future.

Overall a very strong application. The fact that you have no source mod experience can be amended as it is easy to learn. In my experience, you are a friendly player who knows the rules and how to follow them. You are very committed to the community and seem to care for its members and their experience. I would write more but have nothing else to add at the moment.

Strong +1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. demon

demon PUMPKXNG Moderator ★ ★ VIP ★

Application looks good, from what I've seen in game you know the rules thoroughly and you are very fun to play with as well.

all of those aspects combined,
    +1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. Shadow

Shadow Headset Freak Admin ★

Definite +1 from me.

Don't have anything to add.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Mattaroni

Mattaroni J̴ ̶O̷ ̸Y̷ ̵C̸ ̶O̷ ̵N̶ ̶B̸ ̵O̸ ̷Y̶ ̴Z Moderator ★ ★ VIP ★

+1

Obviously, everything has been said, but I wanted to personally say that you're a person with a big heart behind that "crass" personality, as you claim to have. Best of luck, Raspootis!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. Ray

Ray Head Weenie Admin ★ ★ VIP ★

+1
    didn't rage quit after last 2 apps real winner

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. TrueMyth

TrueMyth Per Audacia Ad Astra, See You Starside Admin ★

+1
    Everything has been said. :sweatsmile:

11. Mycin

Mycin survives off coffee and bagels Super-Admin ★

Sure

+1

12. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

I'm going to have to go No.
    Aside from the large amount of Lenny and similar emoticon spamming in your chat logs, the constant idling is also a big negative and not something acceptable as a staff member.

13. Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS ★ VIP ★

Since I have been made aware not to use so many Lenny's I have unbound my Lenny bind. As far as the constant idling, I'm almost always active when I am on unless I get up to go to the bathroom or smoke. It is very seldom that I am truly idle while connected and if I do idle, it's typically not for more than 5 minutes or so.

14. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

Well, I've one multiple occasion seen you do so and analysis of player data agrees with my conclusion of you idling a lot...

15. Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS ★ VIP ★

Understood, I will try to avoid idling in the future.

16. Sanxis

Sanxis Admin ★

+1 you have a potential to be a good staff member, I think you are finally ready.

17. Top Nep

Top Nep Interior Crocodile Alligator Moderator ★ ★ VIP ★

There's absolutely nothing I can say against you on your application, you're a good sport on servers, you try to help out by asking staff for help, and as far as I can tell any issues from your last app appear to be nonexistant now, so good luck! +1

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  18. R4

R4 Honorary Member ★

Due to ban, this application has been denied.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.