Rebelling for demoknights

Buns

-
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 5, 2020
Hey there demoknights! In this thread, I will be talking about the weapons of demoknights and strategies that can work for you. I will mainly be going over shields and swords (and a few other weapons) since I expect many demoknights to use Wee booties or the bootlegger, but if you are not using one of these two, then just use any gernade launcher you feel comfortable with. I will first be starting off with shields and then I will move on to melee weapons. Please take note that these reviews are just my opinion. If you want to state something that I missed, feel free to.

Shields:
Chargin' Targe: This is by far the least used shield on any given map. It is kind of sad since there are certain builds for this. With the high defense it has, you are able to survive more situations related to Fire and explosive classes. But since that only benefits in certain situations, any class with bullets will take you down easily. The turn radius on this shield is also what brings it down. Most classes with mobility (such as scout and soldier) can move away from you very quickly. When you charge, you will just go in a straight line and be left in the wide open. Unless your target is directly in your charge radius, this isn't a good pick, especially if you rebel by yourself. The damage you take from the charge is strong but since most shields can be combined with swords, you can kill light classes with basically any shield.

Splendid Screen: Splendid Screen is the second most popular shield. There are two main things that I enjoy with this shield, the turn radius, and the crit at the end of the charge. Now the turn radius is kind of small for this shield but paired with boots, you can be able to go around corners and walls (provided if you are in the right position.) And to combo with this, we have the crit at the end of the charge. This is by far my favorite thing about this shield since it brings up so many ideas to use. With the crit, it allows you to one-shot most classes when you combo it with the hit of the shield. This can also be used when you are getting chased down and you quickly turn and charge into the blu to get the kill. Now because this shield has lower defenses than the chargin' targe, this does have a boost in melee damage. This is a community favorite because of how much it provides and how much use you get out of it.

The Tide Turner: This is the most liked shield out of the three. While it does have low defense and no crit during charge, the turn radius on this thing is amazing for chaining kills. If you pair it with the Half-Zatoichi, you can chain kills since your health will be given back. I see this as the most used shield since you get your charge back on kill, and you can use this on basically any sword. It also still has a boost in damage, making you still one-shot light classes when you get hit by the shield (since I believe you take around 40-50 damage). I think any melee weapons work well with this but the downside for this shield is that you stop charging when you take damage. Just be aware of that.

Weapons:
Eyelander(and reskins): A very common choice for many demoknights. About anything works with this sword and it doesn't have many downsides except for the -25 hp. But since you get increased health and movement speed on kill (which stacks up to 4), this is really good. The main shields to use for this are either splendid screen or tide turner. But for this, use whatever you feel comfortable with it. If you want to, you can pair this sword (along with your preferred shield) with a medic to become a force to be reckoned with. Be careful of the classes you are going against.

The Half-Zatoichi: A community favorite. This is a widely popular sword for demoknights because of the stats it has. I have already said above with the tide turner that this shield can be very good with chaining kills because of the health you get back and because of that, there are not many downsides. The only one I see so far is the one-hit kill from other players who have it equipped but it mainly just depends on who gets the first hit. Lag and ping depends a lot on that but that is about it.

The Persian Persuader: This is almost never used. I can see why since it isn't really that helpful, to begin with. The stats it has may seem good on paper, but since there are better swords and shields to begin with, this item is looked down upon. I have heard there are some viable strategies but that is about it for this. If you have something that can be used with this weapons, feel free to say something about it here.

The Claidheamh Mòr: This sword has a longer charge. This is by far the only useful stat I can find on this weapon. This can definitely be fun for those demoknights who love to go aggressive and chase after those scouts or soldiers. But outside of that, this is not that good and will most likely get you killed since you take more damage from your enemies when having this out. If you pair this up with a medic or a coordinated team, then I believe you can get some fun out of this.

The Scotsman's Skullcutter: Extra damage. That is the main stat for this weapon. And man is it good. While the slower speed makes you slower, you do the the ability to bait guards into getting close range. If you have friends with you, you can make excellent team provided that you have the right cards. It is a lot of fun so try it out sometime.

Bottle: sharp glass

That conclude this guild. Sorry if this wasn't the best, I was kind of lazy making this since I was bored and wanted to do something here on forums. If you have any strategies or things I didn't mention, feel free to post it here. It is fun to see strategies and ideas for all kinds of things. I will probably make future guilds related to this. Anyways, ur super cute and imma head out

Reactions: Snekleks