• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

To Do !redie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walmart®

May 4, 2018
Walmart; San Jose, California
I don't know about you but I get bored real fast so when I die its not fun. Redie would let people who have already died practice things like obby and climb so that they can do it without dying in the next round. Though on some csgo servers I've seen redies able to block doors so that might need to be fixed before it is added.

Reactions: EmoEggs and benz

benz

MISSING IN ACTION.
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2018
California
+1

Players would stay on the servers (specifically arena game modes) longer since they’d feel like they were being productive. I’ve seen many players leave out of boredom due to long wait times, or the round was just slow paced. Also, it would give people a reason to try out Wonderland servers since no other community offers the command.

Reactions: yoyo

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
There's probably a good reason why other communities don't use it and it's because it's open to being abused and interrupting the flow of gameplay for the active players. also get good scrub die less xd

Reactions: yoyo

Walmart®

May 4, 2018
There's probably a good reason why other communities don't use it and it's because it's open to being abused and interrupting the flow of gameplay for the active players. also get good scrub die less xd
Other servers have implemented it well, having doors go through redies. Many communities on servers outside of TF2 use the feature and it is not some rarity. also :(

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Bump.

My main concern with a command like this would just be properly implementing it, as I haven't ever found a server running this command. Barring that though it sounds like a decent idea. I guess it could possibly encourage people to ghost since they would feel like they are still in the game, but that may be a bit of stretch. So as long as this suggestion garners sufficient support, I'd be willing to support as well.

Walmart®

May 4, 2018
Honestly, I don't really care about this anymore. I only wanted it to practice the obbies I couldn't do, but since I've done all of them its kinda pointless. Just to clear up the command tho, the only 2 possible ways it would be exploited is if it was not properly implemented with the person in redie still having a hitbox that is able to stop doors and other moving structures and also for maps that have an end like jailfort and chretien or a jetpack that can be broken like chretien. No clue if you can code around these things.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Not necessarily this but there is a plugin which allows players to turn into ghosts when they die.

Perhaps something like that would be a nice VIP perk that could be toggled on and off. (I believe only ghosts can see ghosts in this plugin if you make alpha 0.)

Reactions: floot_guy

Lolichu

★ F + L = E ★
★ Donor ★
Feb 25, 2019
I would share the same opinion as LUV. Waiting 10 min's when you die at the begin for a stupid reason can be really annoying ending up sitting there and watching other people play the game.

Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.