• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Remove 2 Deadrun Maps

Should it be removed ?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kumpir

Lvl 13 Anime Hater
★ Donor ★
Aug 19, 2017
Turkey
Remove dr_minecraft_redux

Because:

This map have a exploit that we can kill BLU.
DrminecraftexploitthatwecankillBLU

Remove dr_factory

Because:

This map has unfairly traps for RED's.

"4 Doors and 1 door is a safe" trap is unfair. And auto traps, when you are walking suddenly ground is disappering.

And map is very low quality.

Edit: I forgot dr_aconian, aconian has a door trap. If Blu doesn't active trap, you can get killed by Runner. And runner is too fast. When map changes dr_aconian, RED didn't win until map change other map. I going to gol add dr_aconian link and more.

Last edited:

Kumpir

Lvl 13 Anime Hater
★ Donor ★
Aug 19, 2017
Turkey
Id' probobly say no to this suggestion, because if they are exploring in those maps, then first they are warned and then banned for rule breaking!
And its not that easy to remove maps from config files!
I know its hard but you can't stop people doin' this exploit. Unjistice continues until staff arrives. It's unfair to first Deaths. And other maps, aconian and factory. First talkings when map changes to aconian and factory:

SomeoneElse: Oh no!
Idklol: Who voted this map?
Wat??: do Rtv!
KebabMaster123: I hate this map.
New Weapons Soldier: Pls Free

R4

Forum Extremist
Jul 11, 2017
I tend to agree with removing the minecraft one, the exploit it too well known and usually exploited.
Not really aware of the other so I'll wait for someone else with experience on it to comment.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I can't recall a lot of issues with dr_factory though I can see where your coming from with how it's design is low quality (if anyone wants to see the map, here's it's GameBanana page). Perhaps when I can boot up TF2 again and play on the Deathrun server I can take a closer look at it.

As for the Minecraft map I agree with R4 completely, either we remove it from the rotation completely or we patch the exploit but as it is now it's causing a lot of issues.

=WL= Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 7, 2017
Right here
I can agree with removing the Minecraft one because it's frustrating when every single round someone kills death before we even get a quarter of the way into the map. Haven't played on factory so I can't really weigh in on that one. Another map that is frustrating to me is dr_timetravel because of people jumping down from spawn to the beam under the play area and staying down there the entire round regardless if they are the last red player or not but that's just my opinion.

Hello so 1st off people keep doing the exact same glitch where they get both behind motivator and able to kill killer so i'm tired of it
2nd off there is another spot to capture a point and i'd really like to get rid of this map
and replace it with dr_office_final which doesnt have any of those game breaking easter eggs

The map can be found on http://dl.openfastdl.net/tf/maps/

Reactions: Xypher and Kruthal

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
+1

Don't see why not really, would fix this from being a common issue on Deathrun whilst also allowing us to retain the map for those who like it.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Merged @Kumpir 's original thread on removing dr_factory and dr_minecraft_redux along with @Cliff Walker 's threads on removing dr_office and dr_minecraft_redux for cleanliness sake, as they're on the similar topic of removing certain Deathrun maps.

Also bump.

=WL= Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 7, 2017
Right here
We have talked about removing dr_minecraft for a long time now an I am a BIG +1 of that. Whenever I handle reports on the DR server, probably 75% of the time it's on dr_minecraft for exploiting and I would support either patching it to mitigate the exploit or just flat out removing it from the rotation.

Mifil

I like Touhou
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 5, 2018
So, expanding on the previous statement, map dr_office_v2 should be removed from map rotation. It has an easter egg, which lets you teleport to the death's blu area (where the buttons are, etc) before getting to the end of the map. People doing this are able to kill death, while they are in the middle of deathrun.
That is how it's done. People use wardrobe to avoid motivator's trigger box so they could backtrack. When the motivator reaches a certain point, the door opens. Behind this door is a teleporter to death's area.

Last edited:

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
Not sure if dr_minecraft_redux is fixed by now, I will need to check myself at a later time.

As for dr_office_v2, while it is a fairly popular map as far as I know, the Easter egg (which is disallowed) is commonly used by people. Therefore, I would rather that the Easter egg just be edited out, rather than the map be removed altogether, though if need be, I am not against removing the map. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.