• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Remove Chretien and JailFort

Keep or remove these maps?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I've always disliked Chretien and never seen much popularity with it. We've had to create various rulings regarding some features within it and there's even a suggestion open to add something else. Beyond that it has various issues such as Avoid Toxic being exploitable, Heavies nor Soldiers being able to finish it's version of Obby (which for being a staple game of Jailbreak is quite absurd), and (don't really recall this so may be wrong) a jetpack Easter egg that takes really long to activate.

JailFort too I'm not a big fan of although it's less of an issue. The main issue is that we need to work around the map favoring BLUs and being unbalanced (the gates in the main cell area, the only alternate entryways to Armory being in plain sight near [or in] the main cell area, and least we forget the BS locking mechanisms for Armory and Medic). Furthermore, there's the exploit where you can go around the map to access the boat Easter egg which a lot of people have been doing probably because it's currently impossible to do it without admin intervention. There's also an exploit in Steady Pace.

So overall I want to see if people really do want these maps kept and if they are worth all the issues they present. Personally I don't really like either of these maps and wouldn't mind removing them both, especially Chretien.

kokostal

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 5, 2017
Netherlands
+1 on removing chretien. Aside from the issues you mentioned, the map is just generally unpopular, hard to play on because of the incredibly long hallways and open space, and it's got a lot of unique games that many people might be unfamiliar with, while having (in my opinion) very lackluster versions of staple games. I'm currently fine with Jailfort though.

Status
Not open for further replies.