• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Remove/fix /weps

Status
Not open for further replies.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
I think the whole idea behind the /weps commands is to be inclusive of all players so that they have a chance to use any weapon they want, similar to the cosmetics and hatpaints commands. For that reason, I do not think it should be removed, even if it means the occasional exploiter.

For exploiters, provided people have evidence in screenshot/video form, staff are able to issue bans on anyone caught exploiting the command, such as using the Atomizer - which gives you a double jump - in Deathrun, when double-jump as Scout is disabled in that gamemode.
Multiple accounts of exploitation from the same person means longer bans, so it's on them if they want to use a knowingly-banned weapon in a certain gamemode.

In my opinion, the real fix might be to make it more transparent about what weapons are banned on what gamemodes, to give players who may simply be experimenting with weapons a chance to avoid bans because of the exploit in question.
I've had a few people not know the Atomizer was banned on deathrun, whilst others clearly used it knowing it would give them an advantage, and had to ban them, some people on multiple occasions.

I think it would be better to let players play around with the /weps command rather than take away the command because we as a community are afraid of exploiters.

sowon

Valorant
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 12, 2019
united kingdom
Removing might be too far i suggest removing the banned weapons so that the rest are left.
The problem with that is that would remove those certain weapons from every server, not just jailbreak, zombie escape, or deathrun. Weapons like the Atomizer, Eureka Effect, and Amputator would no longer be on the list which could cause disappointment to players wanting to use one of those weapons with the /weps command in their favorite trade server, for example.

I'm firmly with making a dedicated section in the rules to detail the weapons banned in the appropriate gamemode(s), this way, players can still elect to play with the weapons without infringing on the rules because the weapon is banned on another server, and also makes it crystal clear as to what weapons are banned, so that players have no excuse to use these in the gamemode the banned weapon is tied to.

Reactions: thunder
Status
Not open for further replies.