• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Remove Random Crits from Jailbreak.

Remove Random Crits from JB?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

benz

MISSING IN ACTION.
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2018
California

I know for a fact that this server has RC. Maybe it's not enabled for all JB servers? I can send a video, but it would be after work. Check out @DAVEY video.

Oh, completely forgot that some servers have random crits enabled (especially the EU ones)! The majority of the servers I hop on frequently are based in NA and I believe those servers don't have random crits for melee. My vote remains the same nonetheless as I haven't been presented a convincing argument as of yet.

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
pros: It will prevent accidental freekills and will help rebelling reds way easier and in pokemon day it wont be unfair.
Cons: killing rebellers will be harder, lucky crit moments wont be there

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
Think of it this way: random crits were introduced to break stalemates. Jailbreak does not have these kinds of stalemates, so, in reality, they have no place in Jailbreak.
majority of votes are yes so you should remove then but just saying i rarely see random crits in JB so i dont mind if they are there or not. Does not affect me lol it will mainly affect medics with ubersaw

lithium1111

Sep 28, 2019
@Brando Oats
@LUV
Post automatically merged:

After experiencing this sh*t, I’m changing my vote to yes. Remove these damn crits from the server. Begone Satan!
+1
Okay so I can say that that server might have had rc but the servers with !custom in the name for sure dont have rc with melee. Also random crits weren't your problem in that fight you just cant aim lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Hypernova

Preacher Platinum

Legally, you suck.
★ Donor ★
Aug 2, 2019
Never once have I seen a round delayed so bad that someone had to pray for a random crit. The most delayed I’ve seen a round was from about 9:00 minutes to 3:00 minutes on the timer, or 6 minutes total. This was only due to a scout running away from a soldier and medic. A random crit can’t seek out rebellers or guards. The only thing random crits do is cause chaos. And even so, with the mention of scouts v.s. demos being fair in cell wars, it is not supposed to be fair. Scout is a runner enclosed in a tight area, that is a nerf to him. Demoknights in a tight area is splendid for him, as he is *the* melee class. Random crits aren’t supposed to make a match-up that is supposed to be one sided fair, they were created to break stalemates. It is a shame that stalemates never happen on jailbreak servers, unless there were some guards that can’t aim, and the reds just don’t fight back. As stated previously, scout has high mobility but low damage and defense to nerf him. Allowing crits would enable a high-mobility high-damage class to run around smacking everything. On top of that, they would crit more often with their increased melee hit speed. Scout isn’t even meant to be a melee class, he has the scattergun for CQC engagements. Same for the pyro, albeit he has some good melee potential. Demos are supposed to trump all in the melee fight. Aside from cell wars, crits don’t really help outside of cells. They are useless, and only cause more destruction than needed. What if a scout critted a heavy and one-tapped him, while the sniper expected a few more shots to be used? The sniper shoots and freekills/freehits. The same goes for any class. One class expected X, but instead Y happened, which rarely happens, and now they must face Z consequences.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017

They have never bothered me that much and they're a natural part of TF2. Yes, we do block natural parts of TF2 like Engineer buildings and cloaking, but that's for balancing specific to Jailbreak. However, this suggestion is an argument that could apply beyond Jailbreak and really I don't see a point in taking it upon ourselves to balance TF2. In other words, there's no reasoning I'm seeing here for disabling random crits specifically on Jailbreak and not other game-modes.

Yes, I know this was just denied. However, the thread was old, had a lot of old votes and JB is different now.
Seems like what changed was that people started to favor random crits more. The original thread had way more support, now (according to the poll) it's mixed. For the record, the original thread had been declined after I asked Xypher about it. I don't want to shift responsibility onto him, but with the votes so mixed now I don't think this suggestion will progress any further than it did in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.