• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Remove Random Crits from Jailbreak.

Remove Random Crits from JB?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
Yes, I know this was just denied. However, the thread was old, had a lot of old votes and JB is different now. It is unfair that Demo's can random crit a soldier or heavy and practically one shot them. It's super annoying and just makes the game unfair imo. I think random crits have no place in our current JB.

Preacher Platinum

Legally, you suck.
★ Donor ★
Aug 2, 2019
+1
Random Crits are unpredictable, so you can't really plan around them. When they happen, one team is at an advantage because, well... 3x damage is 3x damage. On top of that, many weapons can be used in conjunction with others to crit; Jarate, Sydney Sleeper, Bushwacka, Dragon's Fury, et.c

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
I’ve said this in several previous threads regarding banning weapons and class-specific abilities from jailbreak servers. In my opinion all random crits are fair and balanced, and therefore they should not be a significant influence on the game. It is widely accepted to disable random crits on competitive and MGE servers to endure a fair and sportsmanlike match for COMPETITIVE purposes. Jailbreak is not a competitive game mode, therefore I don't see any significant reason to remove this game feature from the servers. After all, when you installed Team Fortress 2 you signed up for random crits too.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
I’ve said this in several previous threads regarding banning weapons and class-specific abilities from jailbreak servers. In my opinion all random crits are fair and balanced, and therefore they should not be a significant influence on the game. It is widely accepted to disable random crits on competitive and MGE servers to endure a fair and sportsmanlike match for COMPETITIVE purposes. Jailbreak is not a competitive game mode, therefore I don't see any significant reason to remove this game feature from the servers. After all, when you installed Team Fortress 2 you signed up for random crits too.
When I installed TF2, I also signed up for updates to the game too. That's not happening, so I don't see why random crits should have any correlation. The "its part of the game, deal with it mentality" would of killed the game year ago. You may think getting killed by no fault of your own is fun, especially with charging Demos all over, but I don't.

• Sad
Reactions: Davey

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
When I installed TF2, I also signed up for updates to the game too. That's not happening, so I don't see why random crits should have any correlation. The "its part of the game, deal with it mentality" would of killed the game year ago. You may think getting killed by no fault of your own is fun, especially with charging Demos all over, but I don't.
The Demoman’s ability to charge while holding a shield is a built in feature. Depending on the shield you are using and your technique for using it, you either deal critical or mini-critical damage to your enemy. Disabling the speed boost for RED demoknights without the rebel status was already a substantial nerf, and disabling random crits on top of that would make no significant change towards the situation as you can still die from a critical hit dealt with the shield.

Reactions: benz

Ex-User (7989)

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Sep 9, 2019
Random crits are widely viewed as imbalanced, and for good reason. As @Preacher Platinum said, "3x damage is 3x damage", and I dont see how we can just accept that in such an experience and skill-oriented environment. When everything is at it's most tense, the last thing anyone counts on, or even wants to see, is a random crit suddenly ruining any efforts made previously.

+1

benz

MISSING IN ACTION.
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 3, 2018
California

Demos do not random crit (assuming you are talking about their melees). Contrary to popular belief, REDs only receive random crits for their primary and secondary. If they are receiving “random” crits, it is most likely due to them attacking a class while charging. I’m going to have to see a more compelling argument in order for my vote to be swayed.

8FD43EA5 6521 4DC6 97B3 E49A93117E0B
8B99A552 51F4 40DC 80CC 18608C082BEF

Attachments

• 4BC0E963-BE3A-4DA1-81A3-BDCB9444E700.jpeg
    4BC0E963-BE3A-4DA1-81A3-BDCB9444E700.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Davey

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary

Demos do not random crit (assuming you are talking about their melees). Contrary to popular belief, REDs only receive random crits for their primary and secondary. If they are receiving “random” crits, it is most likely due to them attacking a class while charging. I’m going to have to see a more compelling argument in order for my vote to be swayed.

This is exactly what I was trying to say in my replies too.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota

I don't know where that says "Demomen cannot random crit." Besides, I'm just using that as an example. I know how charging works, I'm usually on the receiving end of a charging skullcutting scotsman.

I don't really see how it's fun to be doing well on a day like Pokemon Day because you prepared, only to be shit on by some default Sniper who got lucky.

-1 Random crits are what make the game fun. Might as well make guards have 100% crits.
There's a huge difference between "I don't want the Medic to pop out of a crowd beyond my control and one shot me" and "a full lockdown on fun."

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
REDs do not receive random crits for their melees is the message I’m trying to convey when I said “Demos do not random crit.” I also said that in response to the example you gave for your suggestion.
That's just simply untrue. REDs can random crit, and I've experienced more than once. I have video evidence to even back that up.

Reactions: Davey and Hypernova

Davey

Dallas
★ Donor ★
Mar 18, 2019
Hungary
That's just simply untrue. REDs can random crit, and I've experienced more than once. I have video evidence to even back that up.
I agree with this fact with Brando Oats. REDs can random crit with their melee weapon. I've also witnessed this multiple times during Pokemon day, when a RED Soldier would one-shot a BLU Pyro with his shovel.

• Wow
Reactions: Hypernova
Status
Not open for further replies.