• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted Forums remove the "please enter 2 words or more than 20 characters"

Status
Not open for further replies.

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
A few days before this was implemented, I was going to make a suggestion on implementing a character-limit check on threads because:
1 - All I saw were +1 or -1 on applications and suggestions with no verdict or anything. Voters would then later change their votes, based on other people's responses. At least come up with something constructive when voting.
2 - Very short replies to revive or bump old threads - no one really cares about that thread from 2019
3 - Shit-posting or spamming post to increase messages count - this was common among new applicants when forum activity was a requirement. Some didn't even care to read the forums' rules
4 - Annoying 1-word replies, turning threads into a chat-box.
5 - Post farming. Similar to number 3, but worse. (long term)

It's not hard to say 'Ok, thank you for this info, it was quite useful' instead of 'k, thnx'.
It's not hard to say 'RIP Joohny Seens. Respects to that guy for his bravery' instead of 'f'.

Reactions: Xypher

Stelle

BIG WINS 🤑🤑🤑
Banned
★ Donor ★
Sep 25, 2021
h
Agreed, people should put arguments why they +1 or -1 something. Have seen plenty of people here who never tell why they are for or against something. Which actually bothers me very often.
i mean one of the main reasons why i do it is bc most of the points i wouldve brought up were already pointed out by others already

sunstep

★ Donor ★
May 17, 2020
Lian Yu
i mean one of the main reasons why i do it is bc most of the points i wouldve brought up were already pointed out by others already
You can just say that you agree with a person and that you have the same opinion / points. The op of a thread won't be able to tell that you type +1 / -1 without any elaboration because somebody else already has used your arguments.

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
These things inevitably become repetitive when you force people to add on characters for no reason other than the reason to do it. Many applications that staff members have commented on have written things when necessary or when it is the first vote on one or they literally have nothing else to say other than -1. You are effectively forcing people to say shit like: "Hello x, I agree with y about the points about you [vote]."
This is stupid, this is not English class it is a fucking forum page.
Furthermore, not a lot of people are necroposting on really old posts unless it serves purposes other than just supplying words that are similar to a reaction streamer.
+1

sunstep

★ Donor ★
May 17, 2020
Lian Yu
Alright, I'm going to partially +1 this, I think the 20 character limit should only remain for Admin applications and suggestions. But for any other thread it only makes it annoying and probably also just useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.