• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Jailbreak Remove "Time spent alive" feature of the Guardban

Barely

Aug 19, 2020
To what i see, No other server do this instead they do the easier option of guardbanning people for a day or if really bad, a week. All this system does is make people go AFK on red time, and makes a 60 minute guardban take a whole day to have it expire. Giant guardban duration basically make it impossible to get back on guardteam without spending huge time AFKing (and thus take up a slot). I say we do away with this entire system and replace it with a more simpler, time based. Someone who mass freekilled can get a 1 week or 1 month guardban and not worry about AFKing to get back on the guard team. I feel this system we have in place makes people migrate to other servers like SG and Blackwonder.

PS: this is something ive heard alot of people complain about

Lux

Celebrity
Feb 26, 2021
a land far, far away
If you were to remove that feature, people with a guardban wont even play the game at all and would just wait it out while doing something else until the ban is over then rinse and repeat. Having this feature forces them to be online and play the game so they can learn from their mistakes -1

Xene

Popular Member
Oct 31, 2019
If you were to remove that feature, people with a guardban wont even play the game at all and would just wait it out while doing something else until the ban is over then rinse and repeat. Having this feature forces them to be online and play the game so they can learn from their mistakes -1
if they dont play at all and then do a bannable offense again they will get a bigger ban than the previous rinse repeat, if they dont learn from their mistake after a month they dont deserve to play until an appeal.

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
Having the punishment set as time spent ingame rather than passively avoiding playing until it expires is what is seen as the most worthwhile punishment there is. After all, break rule, get punished. no better way than to force them to see what they should have been doing in the first place to learn for future games.

Kol.

Forum Activist
Nov 22, 2020
Having the punishment set as time spent ingame rather than passively avoiding playing until it expires is what is seen as the most worthwhile punishment there is. After all, break rule, get punished. no better way than to force them to see what they should have been doing in the first place to learn for future games.
True but accidents happens , people get rid of their immaturity , had no idea etc…

MissMaye

The Overseer
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 16, 2017
True but accidents happens , people get rid of their immaturity , had no idea etc…
And in the case of accidents and maturing, the punishment helps remind them what they did and what not to do to have the same thing happen in future. Having no idea is less of an excuse, the rules are easy to access here on the forums, in the discord if asked, even in game. I'm afraid there's little leeway on this one.