Accepted Requesting a server unban/unmute/ungag appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkmach

Jan 3, 2020
Ban profile link:

What happened / why you have been banned:
For some reason, I have been banned because I was a duplicate account according to [SourceSleuth], but there are no other steam account instances with my name (Linkmach) and I have been on steam for quite some time (play time for TF2 alone is 2800 hrs). I wasn't ingame when I was banned, or was banned right when I joined the server. I do have a hypothesis as to why I was banned: I changed my VPN server prior to joining. I have now realized that there are some complications with VPN usage so I believe that this is the most likely cause.

Why we should unban you:
Assuming I have been banned due to my VPN, I don't think I should be banned just because I was using a VPN. I have played on Wonderland servers for around a year with a VPN, even switching VPN servers between gameplay sessions, and it didn't cause any issues, until today that is. Now, if this appeal is to be denied because I was using a VPN, that's fine. I fully accept that it was my problem and that I'm responsible for using it and being unaware that I should have whitelisted myself. However, if I can get unbanned, I'm at least going to try. I might as well try to kill two birds with one stone and ask that if I do get unbanned to please whitelist my steam ID so I can avoid this from happening again.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
The proxy IP you were using was connected to a banned account and so you were automatically banned. Seeing as how your VPN is the cause of this ban, I'll unban you. However, if you want to be whitelisted, you must contact @Xypher . Though, we don't usually whitelist people.

Appeal accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.