• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Pending Jailbreak Reverting bad changes

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Take away heavy's lunchbox items. It's a good instrument to use to delay.

Revert the disguise change on Your Eternal Reward. Nerf it in some other way, like the Atomizer.

Revert to backstab only during Your Eternal LR.

Revert the economy changes back to when you could gift credits. The economy section has been in development for far too long and hasn't brought anything useful to the table.

Revert the ban on stacking Simon says names.

• Minus
Reactions: MillieStar

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
First one, instrument of delays.
Second one, there was no reason to nerf the weapon other to appease players who didn't pay attention to the game.
Third one, this was the LR I originally suggested, which was implemented with backstab only. It was fine back then, as a good spy could easily outplay most enemy players. Now it just became a dogpile game, where reds just block a blue in an area and butter knife them to death. The blu could still kill a few with backstabs, but there are usually too many to deal with.
Fourth one, economy has been "coming" for a long time, and in that time, it replaced a beloved mechanic of gifting credits and shop items.
Fifth one, the Simon says stacks were basically the pinnacle of trick orders. Many of the previous very hard trick orders are no longer available in game due to rule changes, and this was one of the only ones left. I love trick orders, so I wanted to see them added back.

PBandJ

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 13, 2020
Tennessee, USA
the issue with layered simon says is no one can come to a consensus on the actual way to start the days and play them correctly, even among staff. And if a proper way was made in the rules, it would take up so much space that its not even worth it. Rulings are meant to be intuitive, not insane

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
Understandable. Then at least unban rename stacking - something along the lines of "Simon says Simon says is now renamed to ivy says, ivy says ivy says is now renamed to retro says, retro says retro says is now renamed to obieza says", with the end result being obieza says.

Xypher

Owner ★★★
Jul 11, 2017
the clouds

Revert the disguise change on Your Eternal Reward. Nerf it in some other way, like the Atomizer.

Revert the economy changes back to when you could gift credits. The economy section has been in development for far too long and hasn't brought anything useful to the table.

Is it just you disliking these changes? have you polled the players on the servers?

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
The economy change isn't something most people enjoy, the lunchbox items make for some frustrating delays, so blu players dislike them a lot, spy mains like myself disliked the eternal reward changes, the LR and Simon says changes are something I personally dislike.

DiscountIvy

★ Donor ★
May 4, 2020
how does the lunchbox items delay the round
The heavies now get constant very high healing when in minigames, so if we don't have someone like a sniper it will be very hard to kill them if the mini game is, say, aztec climb without actually having to go through the mini game itself. Otherwise, a heavy with a lunchbox item camping out in medic is an insane pain to deal with because now they have even more healing.

SpectraParadox

de_2fort
★ Donor ★
Aug 20, 2022
Middle of Nowhere, Russia.
The negative ideas outweigh the positives. I agree to un-nerf the Eternal Reward and the bringing back of gifting. But everything else is... no.

1. You can easily demolish a heavy even if they have a Sandvich and etc, it's a one-time use thing and it recharges. Sniper or Demoman can easily take down one. I mean, hell, just beat them up. Pyro can do it too. Swarm the damn guy!

3. It's hell to have it backstab only as it just means that there's only one way to attack a person and can lead to delays.

5. "...the pinnacle of trick orders." More like the pinnacle of delay orders, people were getting fed up with the name stacking.

Reactions: Lavaball

revelations

Senior Admin ★★
★ Donor ★
Reports & Appeals Manager ★
Jun 9, 2019

reply to each one
1: actual skill issue
2: honestly agreed
3: agreed
4: gifting wasn't removed because of a vote, gifting was removed because of an exploit. this really should be added to commonly denied suggestions
5: nobody barring the warden enjoys layered simons says. whenever it's done the player count drops and that's simply bad business