Declined Rick's App

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • No VAC/Game ban(s) on record [✔|
  • Clean [+]SteamREP [✔| On my previous account , no. On my current account, yes.
  • No active bans on the community. [✔|
  • Member in our steam group [✔|
  • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [✔|
  • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [✔| Including my previous account, yes. Link to my previous account - https://steamcommunity.com/id/Worthy/
  • Server connection time: 36+ hours [✔|
  • Team player with great communication skills (English) [✔|
  • No limited/F2P Steam account. [✔|
  • No private Steam profile.* [✔|
  • Active on the forums.* (At least +10 posts!) [✔|

• Age (dd/mm/yy): 16, 09/09/01.
    SteamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ReekSanchez/
    Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
    How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): I'd like to think a strong 8 or 9.
    Will you be able to help donate monthly?: Absolutely.

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:
    Monday - Friday: (GMT+1) 6:00-10:00pm
    Saturday & Sunday: (GMT+1) 10:00am-10:00pm.
    Note: These timings are inconsistent, I will play when I can. This will depend on work and social events. I can certainly say I can play a minimum of around 12 hours a week, and like I said (that is at a minimum), that can be significantly increased if I don't have much going on that week and whilst my admin priorities are essential, obviously my job in real life is more important.

• 2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
    After further research into this I recently discovered I was an admin on my previous account at PB. This will have been several years ago, (perhaps when Admin was buyable), of this I am unsure. However, I do have experience at a wide range of communities including servers on TF2, Minecraft and even WoW private servers. I will only specify the TF2 servers though because whilst admin experience elsewhere is important, I will keep on the relevant topic of TF2.
    I held a manager position at PYD for around a year or so, the community was relatively small, (probably around 300 active players) before the server shutdown due to lack of income.
    I have no doubt about admin experience, I strongly believe I have the potential to help out on the servers as an admin and whilst I may not have been an admin with any staff here, I believe I've created good friendships with a lot of them and can relate to a lot of situations.

• 3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
    Hopefully positive. I would hope to believe that from my activity on the forums, discord and in-game I have shown a positive effect on other players. As an active players on the forums, I've grown to learn the rules quite thoroughly and therefore I understand everything, as a result I believe I would be very helpful towards new players and therefore giving a positive effect to the community.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
    I've already created several suggestions which I've posted on the forums. Also, due to my experience and maturity, I believe as an admin I could solve minor disputes and any other problems that I might face. This could significantly reduce the number of rule-breakers. Also, I've already submitted several reports to admins directly and on the discord (including inappropriate sprays, hackers and mic spammers).

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
    Again, this depends on my mood and what my friends are doing online. I mostly play surf, ctf (turbine and 2fort), mvm and hale, but also JailBreak and zombies occasionally too. This will vary from any time in my times listed above, I don't particularly go online with a mind-set to play a certain sever, I just play what I feel like at the time.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
    Yes, I certainly the basics, but I'm more than happy to watch a tutorial online if necessary.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
    I've already done 4 giveaways, donated for VIP and furthermore VIP+. Submitted several reports on discord and to admins directly. Helped new players feel welcomed to the community and perhaps helped them with any problems they might face. And finally just hopefully creating a positive atmosphere amongst the servers and forums.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
    I believe I should be accepted into the team due to my maturity, interest and commitment towards the servers. At 16 I'm kind of at the stage where I can understand a serious situation and also understand a comedy situation, and I think to have that balance is essential. Also, I've been playing on the servers for almost 4 months now, and whilst that isn't too long, I believe it's enough to convey my interest. Finally, I believe I can be committed to the servers as an admin, because I have a good knowledge of the servers and forums, understand the rules 'back to front', and enjoy playing with all the staff here on the team.

• 9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?: I speak fluent English, and moderately good French which is very useful. Hopefully everything I wanted to portray has already been stated.
    Thank you for reading my application, and hopefully I can serve y'all soon, take care.

Mycin

survives off coffee and bagels
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
I’ll make a proper vote later, but I’ll point out something that stands out to me.

As a player, I wouldn’t take an admin named Rick Sanchez seriously, this isn’t a vote against you, however the name doesn’t paint you in a light as someone who can be responsible or authoritative in my perspective.

I’ll make a proper vote later, but I’ll point out something that stands out to me.

As a player, I wouldn’t take an admin named Rick Sanchez seriously, this isn’t a vote against you, however the name doesn’t paint you in a light as someone who can be responsible or authoritative in my perspective.
Understandable, I'm more than happy to change my name to something more appropriate if necessary.

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★
While you have been playing on the servers consistently for 4 months, you had recently taken a break from the community due to personal disagreements with humor in it. Can we expect that a similiar situation won't arise in the future? I don't want to encourage a "leave and come when you want to" policy for an applicant/admin, nor is it really assuring for me to be re-applying right after having taken a temporary leave from the community. Like Mycin's post, this isn't a vote for/against you.

RickSanchez

★ VIP ★
While you have been playing on the servers consistently for 4 months, you had recently taken a break from the community due to personal disagreements with humor in it. Can we expect that a similiar situation won't arise in the future? I don't want to encourage a "leave and come when you want to" policy for an applicant/admin, nor is it really assuring for me to be re-applying right after having taken a temporary leave from the community. Like Mycin's post, this isn't a vote for/against you.
I can reassure you that that was a separate issue and will certainly never happen again. The only time I see myself taking a break from the servers for more than a couple days would be if I was away from the country, and even then I would still try to be active on the forums.

Mycin

survives off coffee and bagels
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Understandable, I'm more than happy to change my name to something more appropriate if necessary.
I wouldn't ask you to rebrand, however, players can be rather merciless and I worry that a name like that will result in player not respecting you, therefor not heeding warnings, dismissing you, etc. You seem to have past names like, PopularBanana, TomatoJuice, which, while they're fun don't reflect on you the way a characters name would.

Overall, I think this application is fairly average, I would like to hear more about your past steam account (the one you claim was admin at PB) and will be voting Neutral for now.

RickSanchez

★ VIP ★
I wouldn't ask you to rebrand, however, players can be rather merciless and I worry that a name like that will result in player not respecting you, therefor not heeding warnings, dismissing you, etc. You seem to have past names like, PopularBanana, TomatoJuice, which, while they're fun don't reflect on you the way a characters name would.

Overall, I think this application is fairly average, I would like to hear more about your past steam account (the one you claim was admin at PB) and will be voting Neutral for now.
Well I played on PB around 3 to 4 years ago when Sparta NV was root (if anyone knows who that was) and Playboy was owner (obviously). I can't remember everything because it was a very long time ago and because I was around 13 at the time. However, I do remember either buying admin for 30 keys, or somehow applying and getting it, (I also remember having to get my older brother to do the buckaroo voice check because my voice was too high at the time as well). It was around the time when Bronze-Gold VIP was introduced, I don't remember exactly how long I held the admin position for either, but it can't have been much longer than 2 or 3 months if I remember correctly.
Unfortunately that is all the information I can give you regarding myself being an admin at PB, I will do some further research and see what else I can find though.

Sanxis

Symmetra rework will fail
Admin ★
I will keep my answer short and these are all my personal opinions. Well the application is fairly average indeed but there are couple of things that bothers me :
First : I know you've recently had a big loss but you've been taken a break from the community couple of times . While you may say a similar situation wont happen again , you cant ever guarantee it.I'd rather have someone who hasnt take a major break due to personal issues.

Second : I very much dislike your name and style. Majority of staff members have original and simple names . I cannot take you seriously when your posts ( even your name ) cointain Rick and Morty material all the time. It is ok for a member but not for a staff member.

Third : How does one not remember being a staff in the past in another community ? You said you dont exactly remember how long you were an admin despite paying for it , which sounds ridiculous. From what I gather from that post is that you never cared much about being staff, otherwise you would have remembered almost everything.

My vote is no

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
I'm going to go neutral. I have quite a bit of in game experience with you and while for the most part you are a mature and level headed player, there are times where you get pretty heated and argumentative. With a little bit of work and if you could prove to us that you won't go inactive again, I think you could get me to change my vote to a more positive one. As far as the name goes, I don't have a problem with it but I do understand where the rest of the staff is coming from on it.

RickSanchez

★ VIP ★
I will keep my answer short and these are all my personal opinions. Well the application is fairly average indeed but there are couple of things that bothers me :
First : I know you've recently had a big loss but you've been taken a break from the community couple of times . While you may say a similar situation wont happen again , you cant ever guarantee it.I'd rather have someone who hasnt take a major break due to personal issues.

Second : I very much dislike your name and style. Majority of staff members have original and simple names . I cannot take you seriously when your posts ( even your name ) cointain Rick and Morty material all the time. It is ok for a member but not for a staff member.

Third : How does one not remember being a staff in the past in another community ? You said you dont exactly remember how long you were an admin despite paying for it , which sounds ridiculous. From what I gather from that post is that you never cared much about being staff, otherwise you would have remembered almost everything.

My vote is no
Like I said, I was very young when I was admin on PB, possibly even as young as 13. And the forums have been completly changed since I was playing on them so I can't check the old admin applications etc. Nonetheless, I appreciate your other feedback.

Last edited:

RickSanchez

★ VIP ★
Also, on a side note, to all the staff who say my name isn't appropriate as an admin, I can kind of understand. However, an on screen name does not represent who I am, and something as simple as a name is not going to change how I administrate or perform my duties. Also, I've been on many communities where staff have had ridiculous names and I haven't treated them any differently, nor would I expect them to treat me differently.

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★
I'd tend to agree on the name, it's not overly-ridiculous and it's just a reference to a TV show, doubt people would mind it that much. *EDIT* - Nothing against @Ra Ra RasPOOTIS , but I'd regard his name as more ridiculous TBH, and yet it hasn't shown to be an issue at all (least from what I know).

Anyway, while I don't have much to note in regards to attitude/personality, besides that for the most part it's been good (from what I've seen, which is limited), your activity was my main criticism given it's been lackluster and spotty in my eyes.

However, a while ago @RickSanchez notified me they were leaving the community, so I'm going to refrain from commenting on the application and just request closure. If Rick wants to verify this is correct, just to double-check if he's sure, that'd be helpful.

Last edited:
I'd tend to agree on the name, it's not overly-ridiculous and it's just a reference to a TV show, doubt people would mind it that much. *EDIT* - Nothing against @Ra Ra RasPOOTIS , but I'd regard his name as more ridiculous TBH, and yet it hasn't shown to be an issue at all (least from what I know).

Anyway, while I don't have much to note in regards to attitude/personality, besides that for the most part it's been good (from what I've seen, which is limited), your activity was my main criticism given it's been lackluster and spotty in my eyes.

However, a while ago @RickSanchez notified me they were leaving the community, so I'm going to refrain from commenting on the application and just request closure. If Rick wants to verify this is correct, just to double-check if he's sure, that'd be helpful.
Messaged you on discord.

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★

Overall, I can't trust you to be active if given staff. You've taken breaks from the community before, told me in DM you're leaving and then only staying if you were accepted, and you already have a great lack of activity in-game. I don't feel you're really invested or dedicated to the community and that's an important quality we need in staff. Yes I can sympathize with you if you feel the judgment on your username was unfair or you're bothered by offensive suicide jokes, though nonetheless this recent behavior from you comes off as rather powerhungry which I'm highly against, and while I can't comment on your attitude given I haven't seen much of your in-game behavior, this is reflecting on you poorly. Almost seems to me like you're giving up...?

Nonetheless, good luck on your application, or whatever direction you decide to go.

Overall, I can't trust you to be active if given staff. You've taken breaks from the community before, told me in DM you're leaving and then only staying if you were accepted, and you already have a great lack of activity in-game. I don't feel you're really invested or dedicated to the community and that's an important quality we need in staff. Yes I can sympathize with you if you feel the judgment on your username was unfair or you're bothered by offensive suicide jokes, though nonetheless this recent behavior from you comes off as rather powerhungry which I'm highly against, and while I can't comment on your attitude given I haven't seen much of your in-game behavior, this is reflecting on you poorly. Almost seems to me like you're giving up...?

Nonetheless, good luck on your application, or whatever direction you decide to go.
I have given up; But more so on the community rather than my application, the username thing did bother me, but after evaluation of the staff on the team (with the exception of a few), I realized it's not a staff team that I want to be apart of. And yes, whilst I haven't been active recently, a while back I was. But besides the point, I have quit from the community.

Close.

Madi

Head-Admin
Head-Admin ★★
Application declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.