Declined Rick's Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickSanchez

★ VIP ★
Requirements:
  • No VAC ban(s) on record | Info [ ✔ |
  • Clean [+]SteamREP | Info | ✘ ] On an older account a few years ago, I attempted to scam a couple of times when I was younger, a simple mistake from a young boy. Since then on my new account, I have matured and tried to become as generous as possible to the community.
  • No registered bans on the community. (Depends on severity) | Info [ ✔ |
  • Member in our steam group | Info [ ✔ |
  • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) [ ✔ |
  • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 475+ hours [ ✔ | Including my old account, yes. It is linked above.
  • Server connection time: 36+ hours [ ✔ | ✘ ] This one I am unsure of. I've certainly played more than 36 hours but whether or not the server has calculated that time, I don't know. I've contacted Laurenz, (I don't know if they have resolved the issue but, I will leave this answer blank).
  • Team player with great communication skills (English) [ ✔ |
  • No limited steam account. | Info [ ✔ |
  • Forum Activity (at least +10 forum posts) [ ✔ |

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): 09/09/01
Steam Profile Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198283431820/
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes.
How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): I am from England and potentially studying English literature at A Level, I'd like to believe it to be a strong 9.
Will you be able to help donate monthly?: I already do, and I have no problem with that.

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:
I have a lot of exams this year and I tend to play a lot of sport. However, the vast majority of my free time is dedicated to playing on these servers. Therefore on weekdays depending on work quantity I can spend anything from about 3-4 hours, as for weekends I can spend anything from 7-8 hours. Obviously this will vary depending on what I am doing, or whether it is a holiday.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
I've been a moderator and administrator on many communities in many games. These include Minecraft, TF2 and CSGO. Although being an admin on Minecraft may not seem relevant; I believe it is. Not only did I help administrate for communities up to around 3,000 but I was also offered the chance to become Co-Owner on a server called DanGames. Unfortunately, the server shutdown before I could grab the opportunity, but I held the position as Admin for around 2 years. As for TF2, I used to spend a considerable amount of time on PB Fortress, now whilst I was not admin there, I used to be friendly with a lot of the staff, (Playboy included) and tried to help out as much as possible; as I was a Gold VIP. My most recent administrator role for TF2 would have to be PYD servers, where the community was relatively small and we just played with the intention of having fun. I haven't held an administrator position for around 4 or 5 months now because I've been mainly playing Fortnite, but I'm absolutely certain I have plenty of experience and I'm willing to persevere to help anyone on these servers.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
Hopefully positively, I've met a lot of players throughout my short time in this community and I'm yet to have an incident which was not friendly banter. Hopefully, I can continue to create a positive atmosphere, crack a couple jokes, but also keep into consideration how serious my role is. I am constantly thinking of suggestions, (whether or not they are beneficial is another story), but occasionally I come up with a good idea. I plan to help the community by coming up with several suggestions that will inspire players to play more, and again, create a more positive, friendly atmosphere.
I particularly enjoy using the forums, whether it be to post a forum game, to join in an activity or just to welcome someone into the community. I intend to create a warm welcome to everyone who is new, and perhaps give Eight a break from constant work on the forums.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
Like I said in question 3, I plan to come with many suggestions, (of course I do not what they will be yet, otherwise I would tell you). I don't have much experience, but I took a html coding course along with some other advanced coding lessons, perhaps I could benefit the server by assisting with mechanics and other various issues. Obviously I would do the mundane admin activities to the best of my ability, such as gagging and muting spammers, racists and foreign languages I hear on the mic. I tend to be quite lenient with punishments and warnings, but if the problem persists I'm more than capable of banning or kicking someone from the server. Because I'm older than a lot of the community, people tend to respect me more on servers, hopefully this will boost my confidence as an admin and make me more cautious of rule-breakers.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
Honestly, I play on most of the servers until I get bored. I tend to play with my friends more often so if I see someone on zombie I tend to hop over.
My main servers are Zombie, DR, Trade, Orange, Turbine 24/7 and of course, Jailbreak. The time I play on these can vary from anything really, depends on the map, my mood, my friends and the people in the game.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
Yes, I'm no SourceMod expert but I know the basics.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
I've donated for VIP, soon to become VIP+. I have done one giveaway and I plan to make that a regular occurrence. I've created a couple of forum games and suggested a few things. I've told admins about rule-breakers and although I'm not an admin, I try to help people with commands and how to get the unusual effects and simple things like that. I regularly end up being warden on JailBreak, (because Duck and Pootis are too lazy), and I learn new things every game and develop JailBreak skills as a warden. Therefore I try to provide a fun game for everyone on.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
I have plenty of experience as an admin. Not only as an admin, but with roles of authority. For example, at my last school I was Deputy Head Boy and at my current school, I'm going to attempt to go for Head boy. I have been the captain of many sports teams for countless sports fixtures so I know what it's like to deal with a fight, or an incident when it doesn't go someone's way.
I'd like to think I'm reasonably mature, a lot of the time I'm cracking up jokes but if I was to be promoted to moderator or admin, I know how to take my responsibility seriously and assist the community.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:
I try to be as positive as possible, (if that message wasn't already conveyed from the information in my application). Sometimes I endure difficult times but even then, I try to help people as much as I can and even if that means sacrificing my joy to make someone else smile, I will always do it.

Thanks for reading, take care.

Madi

Head-Admin
Head-Admin ★★
Application declined due to lack of 1 or more indispensable requirement(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.