• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Rule Suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nir

Popular Member
May 9, 2019
Israel
I was playing a Jailbreak server and as warden I was frozen and forced by a moderator and forced to pardon the RED that I was trying to kill. I am not trying to shame the moderator I just think it would be a useful addition to the ruleset because most of the server was disagreeing with me.

It was Simon Says in the game and I told the last person to stay in jumprope. I said that he can walk around until the last rebel was killed but I did not say simon says. When I tried to kill him I was told by the moderator to stop and I was frozen so I listened and gave him lr. There already is a rule that says "Once LR is given, the RED does not need to follow Warden's orders " but I think that we should be as clear as possible so add a rule that says that the last remaining non-rebelling RED must still follow the Wardens Orders or something of the sort.

Sorry I don't have audio of myself but here is the clip:

Mew

Honorary Member ★
Jul 31, 2019
If the last non-rebelling red must still follow the warden's orders, how is it fair since the rebeller can do whatever he/she wants? For instance, I wouldn't make the last guy continue to do sweeper (until the rebeller dies; oh gosh thats painful) or finish obby because that puts him in jeoprady of dying. On the contrary, the rebeller is just roaming freely. This mindset goes against the whole point of jailbreak, to narrow down all the reds to one, and to give the last one last request.

Definite -1

Nir

Popular Member
May 9, 2019
Israel
If the last non-rebelling red must still follow the warden's orders, how is it fair since the rebeller can do whatever he/she wants? For instance, I wouldn't make the last guy continue to do sweeper (until the rebeller dies; oh gosh thats painful) or finish obby because that puts him in jeoprady of dying. On the contrary, the rebeller is just roaming freely. This mindset goes against the whole point of jailbreak, to narrow down all the reds to one, and to give the last one last request.

Definite -1
I totally agree with you but I'm just trying to follow existing rules. Just to clarify I'm not asking to add a new rule I'm just asking to be more clear about the existing rule. Sorry if I was unclear.

Mew

Honorary Member ★
Jul 31, 2019
I totally agree with you but I'm just trying to follow existing rules. Just to clarify I'm not asking to add a new rule I'm just asking to be more clear about the existing rule. Sorry if I was unclear.

I can see where you're coming from as the rules are a little bit vague on what to do when you have narrowed it down to one non-rebelling red and one rebeller. However, as a good rule of thumb, the non-rebelling red can do pretty much whatever he/she wants (except grabbing ammo) because it's the warden and the guards' job to hunt down and kill the rebeller(s).

Reactions: Nir

Nir

Popular Member
May 9, 2019
Israel
I can see where you're coming from as the rules are a little bit vague on what to do when you have narrowed it down to one non-rebelling red and one rebeller. However, as a good rule of thumb, the non-rebelling red can do pretty much whatever he/she wants (except grabbing ammo) because it's the warden and the guards' job to hunt down and kill the rebeller(s).
Yeah I usually let them do what they want. I think this time was the only time I've ever tried to kill someone who was the last non-rebelling red. But either way the rule should be modified in your way or to mine but as long as the rule is clear. That's the main reason for the post.

Last edited:

Cena

Jul 20, 2017
To be quite honest if i was in that red's position and i'm destined to get LR and warden kills me because "it was still simon-says" i would call bullshit, in that situation i should be free from all KOS orders, why wouldn't i? if there was no rebelling red i would get LR and would be free from all orders, now there's a rebelling red why is that a different situation? it's literally the same thing except blues can't do their job and kill the rebelling red and i'm still entitled to follow all warden orders (KOS or not)

big -1 friend

However i'm with having the last NON rebelling red be free from all KOS orders because either way its not his fault, it's somewhat the same concept as having the last non rebelling red do sweeper until the rebelling red dies, which would be very bullshit

as a good rule of thumb, the non-rebelling red can do pretty much whatever he/she wants (except grabbing ammo) because it's the warden and the guards' job to hunt down and kill the rebeller(s).
Mew also summed it up perfectly.

Reactions: Mew and Hypernova

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I understand where you're coming from, but the rules seem pretty clear regarding this currently.

Last Requests rule #1, specifically the first two sentences of it;
You may not require a RED to finish any order/minigame to get LR. It should be given as soon as they are the last RED, provided they haven't rebelled.

Green.

Maniac
Dec 7, 2019
Algeria
I was playing a Jailbreak server and as warden I was frozen and forced by a moderator and forced to pardon the RED that I was trying to kill. I am not trying to shame the moderator I just think it would be a useful addition to the ruleset because most of the server was disagreeing with me.

It was Simon Says in the game and I told the last person to stay in jumprope. I said that he can walk around until the last rebel was killed but I did not say simon says. When I tried to kill him I was told by the moderator to stop and I was frozen so I listened and gave him lr. There already is a rule that says "Once LR is given, the RED does not need to follow Warden's orders " but I think that we should be as clear as possible so add a rule that says that the last remaining non-rebelling RED must still follow the Wardens Orders or something of the sort.

Sorry I don't have audio of myself but here is the clip:

-1 for reasons stated above.

Reactions: Nir
Status
Not open for further replies.