• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Saysounds perk for VIP

What do you think?

• Yuck. No.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • For Trading, Idle, Achievement, and other such servers only.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • For all servers aside from Jailbreak.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • For all servers.

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
**NOTE** I do not recommend for any servers outside of achievement and trading! Definitely not Jailbreak anyways. Other servers are debatable.

What is it?
Saysounds is a TF2 plugin that can play sound clips of any kind for the server to hear. (Before you ask, there is a command to disable them clientside.)

Link Here

How does it work?
Pretty simple. Type !saysounds and it'll bring up a list of all the sounds currently installed on the server. Select a sound and hear it play over the server. After that, wait for the 10 seconds (or more) cooldown and play another one!

Great, but how hard is this to implement?
Honestly, from what I remember of running servers, this was one of the easy and fun things to implement. I could definitely lend a hand with something like this.

Some downsides/issues:
  • Yes, this could potentially be annoying. There is a command to disable them clientside, but some people just won't take that. However, I think the benefits much outweigh this negative.​
  • This could potentially be a bit of upkeep. However, if you're careful about what you add as a sound and only use classic and timeless sounds, this shouldn't be an issue.​
Overall, I think this would be a good addition to add to our more silly servers and creates another benefit to donating.

Remiss

Mr Society
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
U.S
I remember this being on a really old server I used to play on, actually LITERALLY THE FIRST SERVER I PLAYED ON like 6 years ago.
Shoutouts to Scrublord / Anthony, he remembers this shit because we came from the same server ages ago.

Easier way to do the command was that if you typed exactly the name of the sound, so if you typed "Darude" it would play the meme'd part of Darude sandstorm for like 5 seconds. Or if you did YouLike it did the "You can have whatever you like" part of the "Whatever you like" song by T.I.

There was also one that was called "spawncamper" which shitted on spawncampers.

I definitely would upvote this, though I recommend the cool down be longer, probably like 45 seconds. 10 Seconds is too short, especially if some of the sounds end up being up to 10 seconds long, and then it can be spammed too hard. Yes, it can get disabled, but for those that don't/won't, they'll have to deal with an annoying vip who doesn't want to stop spamming it.

Reactions: Olaves

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
-1 it would be really annoying if 1 guy spammed a annoying sound, if it were for vip+ then i probably would think about it, but for normal vip? nah,

i will +1 if it has a long cooldown

Status
Not open for further replies.