Scammers

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America
Ok so the reason I'm making this post is to do 3 things. 1: Tell Y'all my story, 2: Tell you guys how not to get scammed (Fake bots, impersonation) and 3: To test my new signature (This one isn't that important but I wanted to share). As I've gotten more involved with mid-low tier trading and on occasion high tier trading after the unusual unbox, I've had about 3 different people try to scam me. Let's start with the most recent one. I get friended by this guy who is a level 53 steam account, and since I'm 11, I find it very sus but whatever. I go to check his inventory and it's private so I check his inventory link and its real good. He starts up a conversation and I'm playing along. He asks for my zoomin broom taunt and my soviet strongarm (total worth 17-18 keys) for an (get this) unusual searing plasma team captain. It was at this point where I'm like this is a joke, a 18 key value for an 143 key value. He wants the offer sent through a bot site and at that point, I unfriended and blocked him. Now here's what you do to identify a scammer
1. Steam Level. While most scammers have their steam lvl below 50 or 60, the people they are impersonating usually have levels of 100+. Also, low level steam accounts should be especially careful of this
2. Inventory. Most scammers have a private inventory, they have a link in their bio going to a different one. From there, click the name above the inventory to see the person's real account
3. Bots. This method is used where someone will have another account acting as a bot account from a third party site in order to obtain your items.
4. No middle man. This is where you demand to just send the trade through steam, no tricks or gimmicks. A scammer will try to avoid this at all costs. He will say he does not want to be scammed but if that were the case, why would you add them in the first place?

Hope this helps all you guys. Stay safe ;-)

Deleted member 598

Headset Freak
Sep 25, 2017
Sverige
Can't be scammed if you don't trade.

Captain Maxxy

Perfect Member
★ Donor ★
May 10, 2018
I'd like to just get this out there, but there are scammers who actually pretend to be a steam community moderator and tell you to trade certain stuff because they are duplicate or whatever and they need to check it. While most of us will see this as an obvious scam there are people who don't trade much and don't really know very much about it.

sooo....

Heres a reminder of some very important trading rules:

* Do NOT trade with ANYONE unless you have a deal with said person, no matter who they say they are. NO admins/moderators will ask you to trade your stuff to check or whatever.

* Never trade with anyone who wants to use a middleman for the trade. (This means that they want you to trade your item to a different account before you get the item. They say this is to guarantee that the trade is legit and all that.)

* If you have any doubt whatsoever it is a good idea to check backpack.tf to find out what the items that are being traded are worth.

* never trust anyone completely when it comes to trading, people could tell you something thats not true by purpose or by accident. Trust yourself and check around for information.

Cooking Hot Topics

Popular Member
Feb 4, 2018
Pink guy to Joji
Ok so the reason I'm making this post is to do 3 things. 1: Tell Y'all my story, 2: Tell you guys how not to get scammed (Fake bots, impersonation) and 3: To test my new signature (This one isn't that important but I wanted to share). As I've gotten more involved with mid-low tier trading and on occasion high tier trading after the unusual unbox, I've had about 3 different people try to scam me. Let's start with the most recent one. I get friended by this guy who is a level 53 steam account, and since I'm 11, I find it very sus but whatever. I go to check his inventory and it's private so I check his inventory link and its real good. He starts up a conversation and I'm playing along. He asks for my zoomin broom taunt and my soviet strongarm (total worth 17-18 keys) for an (get this) unusual searing plasma team captain. It was at this point where I'm like this is a joke, a 18 key value for an 143 key value. He wants the offer sent through a bot site and at that point, I unfriended and blocked him. Now here's what you do to identify a scammer
1. Steam Level. While most scammers have their steam lvl below 50 or 60, the people they are impersonating usually have levels of 100+. Also, low level steam accounts should be especially careful of this
2. Inventory. Most scammers have a private inventory, they have a link in their bio going to a different one. From there, click the name above the inventory to see the person's real account
3. Bots. This method is used where someone will have another account acting as a bot account from a third party site in order to obtain your items.
4. No middle man. This is where you demand to just send the trade through steam, no tricks or gimmicks. A scammer will try to avoid this at all costs. He will say he does not want to be scammed but if that were the case, why would you add them in the first place?

Hope this helps all you guys. Stay safe ;-)
I have a bot added rn, and he keeps spamming me with only 3 types of messages
"HI mate* I am a noivice yotuber"
"CODE RSMD38 FOR FREE 25$ on open cases"
"Goto (Site name I will not share, because that's pretty much advertising viruses.) and type RSMD38 FOR FREE 25$ on open cases
"Goto (site name) enter the code and tell me what skins you win"
"Goto (site name) and code RSMD38 i am recording for my yotub channel on people winning expansive skins tell me what you win ince you goto the site and code type RSMD38"
And pretty much anything related.

This is him : https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198113713742/