Scout vs Soldier: Scout needs a buff?

Niko: "Little Boots"

Jan 28, 2019
Am i the only person who plays scout and feels hes at a huge disadvantage against soldier? as you can hit him 3 times in the face and he'll live but all Soldier needs is one well placed shot. Like what buff to scout could help him feel more consistent as a DPS class? any opinions or thoughts?

Prisma

The one who sees
★ Donor ★
Nov 28, 2019
The thing about soldier is hes a very slow class which the scout can use to his advantage. For instance you can double jump all around the soldier and dodge his shots and make yourself a hard target to hit. Of course with the Direct Hit it might only take around 1-2 hits to kill a scout, but if you're a good distance away from the soldier then you can still work your way around him. Also using weapons like the force-a-nature can kill a soldier in two hits. Personally I don't think scout needs a buff as I can play against soldiers just fine but that's just what I think.

Reactions: BonkMaykr

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
Are you joking me? bruh... Each class has a counter, it's like asking to buff spy because he can't win a fight against pyro. Pyro counters spy, just as soldier counters scout.

List of Some Counters:

Pyro counters Spy
Soldier counters Scout
Spy counters Engineer
Sniper counters Heavy
Engineer counters Scout
Scout Counters Sniper
Demoman counters Engineer
Pyro counters Soldier/Demoman ( in cases in which their projectiles are used )

Reactions: BonkMaykr

Black0ut

Mar 27, 2020
I agree with Gibus, Scout has the ability to 1v1 victoriously any class, the only challenge being heavy in my view. But of course, the variations of Scout primaries and secondaries can overcome this.

Niko: "Little Boots"

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm.. judging by the replies so far I dont think anyone is giving Soldier enough credit. His mobility is arguably more dynamic then scout himself's using rocket jumping, and scout can jump around but he only gets 2, and the smart soldiers will just wait until the scout is landing and blast the area hes landing in.. But good points so far!

BonkMaykr

Quad Damage Junkie
★ Donor ★
May 11, 2020
Area 51
Scout's mobility is more accessible and simpler than rocket jumping is, and he also doesnt lose health or DPS by gaining these abilities because they're part of his character. Scout can easily dodge rockets and other non-hitscan projectiles as well with ease, making soldier less effective against a good scout player, despite his low 125 health pool.

Scout does not need a buff. Scout does well in most parts of a map because his weapons do not rely entirely on being in the air, or splash damage, unlike many soldier primaries, which do best in open spaces. Additionally Scout is designed as more of a hit-and-run playstyle and was never intended to be strong.

Soldier and Scout have very different playstyles that dont really counter eachother. A good scout player can, strugglingly, fight a soldier long distance. At close range though, soldier kind of wins thanks to high DPS, more health/survivability, and splash damage. So soldier is a good counter to scout, but does not overpower him.

Glowie

May 13, 2020
I think both classes have their strengths. They're designed different for a reason of course. I don't think Scout needs a buff. He is perfectly effective if played properly, this also applies to Soldier. I think that in a 1v1 situation is depends on the players. Because Scout can definitely win against Soldier. It may not be as common as a Soldier winning due to Soldier being a stronger class overall. That's not to say Scout isn't strong.

Buns

-
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 5, 2020
I don't really see a problem with this. Every class can counter each other (given the right weapons and tools) and each one can be fought pretty fairly. Fighting soldier as scout can be easy to handle if you understand how to fight them. I don't see much of a problem, but hey, just my thoughts