[SERIOUS] Empathy -- Team Fortress Jailbreak

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
I want to make a point today. If you like playing on BLU, especially warden, then please read this. It's super important.

I have a question for you. When you kill someone, does the question "is this person really worth killing" ever cross your mind?
Next question, when you kill a red, do you EVER feel bad for them?

If you said no to these two questions, you are, simply stated, an unempathetic robot.

now you might ask: "what, why? it's just part of the game, right? they didn't follow orders -- it's my job"

The person you kill are humans. Sure, if they're genuinely rebelling, you should kill them --- they've chosen that path, but my POINT here is that in such trivial orders, it's better to pardon than to kill.
When killing, you feel pleasure -- maybe satisfaction, but that only lasts for a few seconds. The hitsound you got there, killing, and seeing your name on the kill-feed, it fills you with ego and makes you feel important, right?

Well, in contrast to a 3-second of pleasure, pardoning leaves you minutes -- even hours -- of happiness. You probably made someone's day by pardoning them.
When you kill a red, what happens to them? -- They go to spectator, and they'll have to wait often times several minutes in order for a new round. By simply pardoning them, you save them from wasting these minutes -- moreover -- give them a better experience of jailbreak. They may even learn from their mistakes better than dying -- as i have observed, people who die immediately leave the server -- filled with fear of experience -- moreover, the fear of dying again.

Pardoning people also gives you a good reputation. People respect you.
It is better to be empathetic, rather to be a mindless, killing machine.

They key here is empathy. You are all humans.
Thanks. Please consider this.
P:S this is a remake of my old thread. i improved my english and reminded this to you. last thread was 4-5 months ago.

Last edited:

Coal

B r u h M o m e n t
★ Donor ★
Aug 23, 2019
the Snowy Winterlands
I want to make a point today. If you like playing on BLU, especially warden, then please read this. It's super important.

I have a question for you. When you kill someone, does the question "is this person really worth killing" ever cross your mind?
Next question, when you kill a red, do you EVER feel bad for them?

If you said no to these two questions, you are, simply stated, an unempathetic robot.

now you might ask: "what, why? it's just part of the game, right? they didn't follow orders -- it's my job"

The person you kill are humans. Sure, if they're genuinely rebelling, you should kill them --- they've chosen that path, but my POINT here is that in such trivial orders, it's better to pardon than to kill.
When killing, you feel pleasure -- maybe satisfaction, but that only lasts for a few seconds. The hitsound you got there, killing, and seeing your name on the kill-feed, it fills you with ego and makes you feel important, right?

Well, in contrast to a 3-second of pleasure, pardoning leaves you minutes -- even hours -- of happiness. You probably made someone's day by pardoning them.
When you kill a red, what happens to them? -- They go to spectator, and they'll have to wait often times several minutes in order for a new round. By simply pardoning them, you save them from wasting these minutes -- moreover -- give them a better experience of jailbreak. They may even learn from their mistakes better than dying -- as i have observed, people who die immediately leave the server -- filled with fear of experience -- moreover, the fear of dying again.

Pardoning people also gives you a good reputation. People respect you.
It is better to be empathetic, rather to be a mindless, killing machine.

They key here is empathy. You are all humans.
Thanks. Please consider this.
P:S this is a remake of my old thread. i improved my english and reminded this to you. last thread was 4-5 months ago.
That my friend, is how you get the entire red team to abuse the blu team. If you aren't strict with your orders, they'll just rebel and you'll feel powerless as a blu. Besides, how else are new players supposed to learn the rules otherwise if they can just do whatever they want and get pardoned.

yoyo

★ Donor ★
Apr 22, 2018
That my friend, is how you get the entire red team to abuse the blu team. If you aren't strict with your orders, they'll just rebel and you'll feel powerless as a blu. Besides, how else are new players supposed to learn the rules otherwise if they can just do whatever they want and get pardoned.

Pardon once, and if they do it again, kill.
You thought i was like: "pardon, pardon, pardon" right?
Killing shouldn't be the first choice. Because if you kill, you aren't even giving the person a chance to change -- they just, straight up die. and then they'd have to wait for a new game -- blah blah blah boring process of waiting.

You don't get my point. I think what you're getting from this thread is "pardon all, kill none".
if one person is rebelling -- they've already chosen that path -- it's justified to kill them.
But if one person, for example, isn't afm while warden is afm, you should just warn -- pardon -- move on. most of the time, it works.
You gotta look at the perspective of red, my friend

Redds

Brainrot
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 8, 2019
Pacifica
Hmmm. Dead forum account but. I will sah this from a la reg who goes warden frequently. Ive seen you play and die and die and die. I dont like being strict though you have to be at times. Make the reds your friends and you just confessed partly to doing favortism. Please dont do that and don't attack people for being strict.