Declined Sexism accusation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tails5000

Jul 30, 2020
1.) Include your ban profile link, if applicable:

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
I was playing as a BLU and they were playing a minigame without a roof, a guy asked why there wasn't a glass ceilling because he fell thinking there was one and I joked making a reference to women's glass ceilling. I wasn't even joking about women or anything like that, it was just a joke about how what he said had 2 meanings.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
First because in any moment what I said was sexist or close to it, since it was a joke about the multiple meanings of the term. And even if I were talking about women, glass ceilling IS an actual thing, and talking about it is not sexist at all, there are plenty of studies that support it and saying that would be in any case something that supports women. But as I said, in this case I didn't want to say anything about that stuff, since a TF2 server isn't to talk about politics, and I was just doing a joke. That said, in my opinion if you had a problem with people talking about that kind of stuff, a warning would have been enough, but from that to an accusation about sexism, it's not even the 1 month mute what offends me, but the insult of calling me that.

Thanks and happy new year.

Attachments

• tf2report.png
    tf2report.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 10

smelvin

Senior Admin ★★
Jailbreak Manager ★
★ Donor ★
Jun 26, 2022
After reviewing your chat logs, I'm not inclined to accept your appeal. You have a history of saying questionable/borderline punishable things and this is just another case of that. You'll have to wait this one out.

Appeal Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.