TF2 Should sniper be nerfed?

Asiliria

Sep 13, 2019
I play Sniper every round, any round, scoring headshots left and right. Honestly, for me to pull off a headshot is really easy, because hitboxes play how I want them to.
But, to play Sniper, you've got to mix headshots and hitboxes to play him. Sniper's is a big no-nerf.
(it's when the Anger sniper with hella skill comes into the server and starts kicking ass is when I'm no longer top Sniper)

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
images

• Haha
Reactions: Vladdleco and Tonic

TK

Jailbreak Noob
★ Donor ★
Nov 20, 2019
England
I think sniper is and always will be a tricky class to play. As Asiliria said you gotta play to the hit boxes and that takes some time to learn. I think realistically sniper suffers at short range compared to other classes which is how they were designed to be countered. Either having a smg which does little to no damage or have healing or backstage protection which removes your medium to short range abilities. Problem is when you play custom game modes (e.g. jailbreak) the sniper can seem a bit op but again get them up close and they can be easily countered.

Reactions: Tonic

Jasmine

The Almighty Raisin
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 5, 2019
Ireland
Sniper is fine as he is imo. As it was mentioned before, he was designed for long ranged combat and therefore excels at it, and he heavily suffers at close range (unless you hack like Mercphobia).

Rain

Frog
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 10, 2018
Roundabout City
Honestly, Sniper has seen enough major nerfs. The "quickscoping" isn't really even that fast since we're still held back by the small delay between scoping and being able to get a headshot. The ability to jump right after firing, which was very popular in SvS, was also removed a couple of years ago. If Sniper is nerfed again, it'll hardly even be viable compared to most other classes.

Bigunit

May 27, 2020
Yes, sniper should be nerfed so hard. He is the only class, that has no range damage limit, and i think it should deal less damage at close range. Their "skill" quickscope headshots are op, instantly reloading so fast a sniper riffle and dealing 150 damage at ANY range. Also its impossible to waste all your ammo as a sniper, it has huge 25 ammo on clip.

And we all know that after Heavy update the sniper class will be nerfed so hard, and you can't do anything with it, this is unavoidable, accept it already. Entire community will be in heaven after that.