• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined SLAM Suggestion

Hotdog or Corndog?

• Yay!

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Nay!

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lithium

Jul 4, 2018
United States
Althought this isn't for all the servers I think that adding the old codex to allow SLAM to play music into the mic. This would be only for the achievement servers and I think that this could add a chill vibe to the server. I can see how this could be abused and to fix that make it to where you need a certain amount of hours on the server to use it.

EX: Sorry %user%, but you need at least 10 hours of playtime on the server to use this feature
EX: Sorry %user% but you need 4 more hours of playtime on the server until granted permission to use this feature

bappo

Jun 10, 2018
Japan
iirc SLAM is completely dead and broken (it no longer works) due to a TF2 update in 2017. And since SLAM is written in an ancient coding language i haven't been able to find someone who could try and fix it.

Lithium

Jul 4, 2018
United States
iirc SLAM is completely dead and broken (it no longer works) due to a TF2 update in 2017. And since SLAM is written in an ancient coding language i haven't been able to find someone who could try and fix it.
The reason why slam doesn't work in TF2 anymore is because the codex was updated the only way to make it work is to I guess uninstall the newest update codex

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
As Dominator said, people can already mic-spam if they want to. However, more of the point for me is that I wouldn't want to have the servers downgraded so that people can more easily mic-spam music, something generally disallowed in the first place neither is worth the loss of using the old codex. Sorry but this won't be added.

Suggestion denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.