So i buyed CS:GO but...

Shentium

Jun 30, 2018
Italy
yea, i don't know how to play the game, i'm so confused , when i try to headshot them i die everytime .I did like 5 competitive match (3 lose 2 win)
Any suggestion to improve in the game? (don't say play more lol)

Giphy 1

Walnuts

ʜᴇᴀᴅ ɴᴜᴛᴄʀᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ ★ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ɴᴜᴛ★
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 4, 2018
What it looks like to me is that you just bought the game, if that is so it may be that you just need to practice more.

Other causes may include:
-Lag
-software
-something else that I am currently not
thinking of at the moment.

If it is lag upgrading your gnu or cpu, will help your fps. If you have a standard monitor, of 60hz, it bottle necks the frames that you can see at one time. (something to keep in mind)

If it is software try looking on Youtube or searching on Google for CS:GO console commands

Something like cl_interp_ratio 1 (console command used in tf2)

Reactions: Hanabi ❤

Cena

Jul 20, 2017
I was legit about to say play more before reading ur post

Anyway yea you just need to practice more with different weapons etc, try different sensitivity settings..this is important if you wanna preform well, try not to go too high with the sensitivity, just keep trying different settings till you find one that suits you or one that you think you're playing better with, once you've accomplished that just keep playing until you get used to it, there's plenty of game modes in csgo you don't have to keep playing competitive especially since you're new to the game, it'd be better if you just practice in other game modes before diving into competitive as a newbie, you could practice against bots, you can play on community servers which involves stuff like 1v1 servers, awp only, and even community made competitive servers that doesn't affect your rank.

If you want to know the mechanics of the game i'd suggest looking for tutorial videos (like how guns work and even how to become better at the game and play properly) on youtube or something, they would do a way better job at explaining stuff than me.

Shentium

Jun 30, 2018
Italy
I was legit about to say play more before reading ur post

Anyway yea you just need to practice more with different weapons etc, try different sensitivity settings..this is important if you wanna preform well, try not to go too high with the sensitivity, just keep trying different settings till you find one that suits you or one that you think you're playing better with, once you've accomplished that just keep playing until you get used to it, there's plenty of game modes in csgo you don't have to keep playing competitive especially since you're new to the game, it'd be better if you just practice in other game modes before diving into competitive as a newbie, you could practice against bots, you can play on community servers which involves stuff like 1v1 servers, awp only, and even community made competitive servers that doesn't affect your rank.

If you want to know the mechanics of the game i'd suggest looking for tutorial videos (like how guns work and even how to become better at the game and play properly) on youtube or something, they would do a way better job at explaining stuff than me.
Thank you very helpful. I'm watching now a video. That guy talks about spray. Maybe that's why is the reason i die everytime

Reactions: Cena

Walnuts

ʜᴇᴀᴅ ɴᴜᴛᴄʀᴀᴄᴋᴇʀ ★ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴛ ɴᴜᴛ★
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Aug 4, 2018
Oh ya, it’s probably bullet spread, sorry I did not mention it. Didn’t cross my mind

Frussly

Patience, I dont have.
★ Donor ★
May 29, 2018
Watch a shitload of videos on the game, and try it out ingame for yourself.

Once you’ve gotten the practical aim, movement and game sense, first then should you start working on smaller things.

Primary things you should focus on:

Aim
Movement
Gamesense (when do people do what, and why?)
Map knowledge

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
I have never played CS GO, but I did play the older CS games... Not sure if some tips is useful... But here are some Basics and the always work.
Tips:
1. Always Aim the Head or the Neck. Keep our cross-hair Straight, don't just look down (except when going down the stairs/ladder)
2. Use strafe Movements. Don't just walk with 'W'
3. Try to Bhop (with mouse scroll wheel, not the spacebar, duh) to avoid headshots (requires Practice, also to Sync Bhop with strafing or Crouching can be hard for newbs)
4.ALWAYS BUY ARMOR+Helmet
5. Save your money
6. Practice+watch other players/videos
7-Keep an eye on the Radar
8-practice on special community servers (like knife, Pistol Only, Awp maps, Fight Yards maps, Surf, Bhop/climb...)

Reactions: Cena

Ekirts

Sep 2, 2018
Hey man,
Using practice servers with bots is always a great way to improve. But you need to remember CSGO is a skill-based game you can't buy skill. this is one of my favorite ones
Training: Bot Aim V4b

vex

Amphetamine'd
Sep 19, 2017
Learn common spots. Learn the spray patterns for the AK and M4 to start. Adjust your sensitivity until you find something that works for you. Play smart and check corners. Keep track of you and your team's economy. Always aim at head level. Listen.

TheWarOwl is known for making basic-ass tutorials even low silver's can understand, but that doesn't mean they're bad. Definitely take a look at his tutorial, guides, tips and tricks series.

Last edited: