So I'm starting a new Zombie Mode map

apurple16

Oct 26, 2019
France
The title tells everything. I started working a few days ago on a Zombie Mode map where you are locked inside a secret facility. The idea is that each time the map loads (let's say every round), some elements change, the layout differs (some doors are locked when others aren't) to give a unique experience every time you play. Also, there will be hazards (I'm thinking about some sort of acid pool or laser room). Balancing is what I'm working my hardest on, as a resort there won't be ANY spot where you can camp with ammo packs and/or health packs right inside.

So far, I've only made a few rooms and I'm trying to find ideas for more rooms to explore. In addition, in order to keep the map simple, it will not be either too big (aka not wasting 10 minutes walking as a Heavy) or too small, so that there is enough space to run around (as a scout notably). The "randomness" won't go as far as to create separate rooms, only blocking certain pathways.

Right now I can't share any screenshots, but I'll show my map whenever I feel like it's ready to be seen
I'd like to know if the idea of such a map would interest y'all :D

Bio Medic Offline

Feb 1, 2019
B.I.A Headquarters
The title tells everything. I started working a few days ago on a Zombie Mode map where you are locked inside a secret facility. The idea is that each time the map loads (let's say every round), some elements change, the layout differs (some doors are locked when others aren't) to give a unique experience every time you play. Also, there will be hazards (I'm thinking about some sort of acid pool or laser room). Balancing is what I'm working my hardest on, as a resort there won't be ANY spot where you can camp with ammo packs and/or health packs right inside.

So far, I've only made a few rooms and I'm trying to find ideas for more rooms to explore. In addition, in order to keep the map simple, it will not be either too big (aka not wasting 10 minutes walking as a Heavy) or too small, so that there is enough space to run around (as a scout notably). The "randomness" won't go as far as to create separate rooms, only blocking certain pathways.

Right now I can't share any screenshots, but I'll show my map whenever I feel like it's ready to be seen
I'd like to know if the idea of such a map would interest y'all :D
Hmmm, what were you inspired by to motivate you to build a map ?
Also lasers are bit buggy at times in hammer, so I would recomend making acid pools instead. Also fantastic idea !

Bio Medic Offline

Feb 1, 2019
B.I.A Headquarters
Also to let you know my friend, dont expect your map to be accepted for about a month or 2 when you are finished with it. Idc if an admin talks crap about me but alot of admins are very very lazy or innactive. I have made alot of maps for WLN's zombie mod which Im starting to believe is a cheap rip off of intox gaming but that admins rarely notice youve made a map for them.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Floot and Hypernova

apurple16

Oct 26, 2019
France
Huh, well I started making maps back in 2016, with GMod. Ideas come from a multitude of different games or even real life, which is my primary source of inspiration. This idea of a secret facility Is immensely inspired by the SCP Foundation and, mostly, SCP Containment Breach. In terms of motivation, I just love making maps and this game mode has a lot of potentials. Back in 2017-18, I was making maps for the Zombie Survival game mode on GMod, and I loved it!

About the laser, it was just a thought but I suddenly realized that there weren't as many laser textures as there were in the HL2 Hammer Editor.. so I'm gonna do the Acid as the hazard.
Thanks for the response

:D

Bio Medic Offline

Feb 1, 2019
B.I.A Headquarters
Huh, well I started making maps back in 2016, with GMod. Ideas come from a multitude of different games or even real life, which is my primary source of inspiration. This idea of a secret facility Is immensely inspired by the SCP Foundation and, mostly, SCP Containment Breach. In terms of motivation, I just love making maps and this game mode has a lot of potentials. Back in 2017-18, I was making maps for the Zombie Survival game mode on GMod, and I loved it!

About the laser, it was just a thought but I suddenly realized that there weren't as many laser textures as there were in the HL2 Hammer Editor.. so I'm gonna do the Acid as the hazard.
Thanks for the response

:D
Your welcome, I used to map make for zm but not anymore because of the lack of response I get from the admins I talk to. Just be carefull of what you give to wln because I gave but got nothing in return, not even a thankyou.

Floot

★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
under a rock, on a tropical island
Also bla bla bla. Idc if an admin talks crap about me but alot of admins are very very lazy or innactive. bla bla bla but that admins rarely notice youve made a map for them.
It's the owner's job to notice. not the admins
Your maps won't magically appear on the servers...
You can also suggest your maps here:

You are welcomed to make and submit maps here.
Note that only the owner manages servers and maps, so, if you want your map to be on the servers, privately contact him. Impression is also important.
Good luck on that!

Bio Medic Offline

Feb 1, 2019
B.I.A Headquarters
It's the owner's job to notice. not the admins
Your maps won't magically appear on the servers...
You can also suggest your maps here:

You are welcomed to make and submit maps here.
Note that only the owner manages servers and maps, so, if you want your map to be on the servers, privately contact him. Impression is also important.
Good luck on that!
Hey thanks for the advice but they still dont really respond still, ive done it before but it didnt turn out well. My first zm map was a remake of ZM_Military and nobody ever responded which made me sad because of all the effort I put into it.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for the response, I will continue my map and contact the owner as you said:D
apurple you remind me of myself when I first started map making for this server. Happy at first but later, you will probably be frusterated. I hope the admins don't turn you down too, good luck my friend !

Reactions: apurple16 and Floot