Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): 21/04/04 (14 years old)

SteamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095911385

Do you have a working microphone?: Yes

How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 10

Will you be able to help donate monthly?: Most likely

Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

During the school year, I will be available from 3pm~10am EST from Monday through Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, I will be available from 10pm~11am EST. During the summer, I will be available from 9am~1am EST everyday. These times are not exact, as I could wake up/go to sleep earlier or later than the times provided.

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:

I have not held any previous staff positions on any other communities.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:

My acceptance would positively effect the community. I believe this because due to the fact that all of the staff have lives outside of Wonderland, they can be busy when problems arise in-game which I could take care of since I don't work and I'm rarely busy. I'm not saying that the staff don't do a good job/are not active enough, but they work and have things they need to take care of, which I do not. I feel like I could add that extra 'umph' to the team of staff and improve it more

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:

With new players joining Wonderland, it is inevitable that people will knowingly and unknowingly break the rules. If I were to become a staff member, I would take quick action to solve the problem, such as respawning/slaying freekillers/freekilled, and then following up with an explanation as to why what someone did was wrong, what they should've done, and what they shouldn't do. The experience that players have with Wonderland is lessened when they see players break the rules and get away with it. They're experience is ruined, and the next time they go to play on a jailbreak server, they'll think "Ehh... Wonderland? That really annoying freekiller came on all the time. It's not fun. Let's try a different server." I would not only solve issues like this, but I would use my abilities legally and in fun ways to make everybody's experiences better than it would be without a staff member, and that's the most important thing to me. At the end of the day, the server could have a good host, good plugins, a good system, good rules, but if the player's experience is not good, then it all means nothing. I'm here to fix that.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:

any Jailbreak servers with over 11 people, such as NY, IL, and UK. Also, I play on combat surfing NY. On top of that, I play on the NY trade server. I have no set time for each one, It depends on how I'm feeling. I play them all within the time frame stated above.

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:

I do not have experience administrating through SourceMod, but I understand and have basic knowledge on how it works.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:

I have donated money and I have also reported people breaking the rules. For the most part, when playing in-game, I help new players understand basic rules, and experienced players understand very situational and confusing or unknown rules. I've made the game more enjoyable for others in jailbreak by being lenient and working with them to let them have fun. I would mostly do minigames so long as everyone wanted to do them. I would also not be strict about going against my orders, and I would pardon everyone because I don't want to have a quick round or die right away.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:

Well, the position of staff is more than what it seems. Most players think of staff as people who teach or punish those who break the rules. That is true to an extent, but it does not cover the true meaning of what it means to be a staff member. Staff are meant to help the servers thrive and stay as active as possible. It's not always about removing negativity, but creating/spreading positivity. The staff help players have the best experience with Wonderland, so that new players will be more likely to continue playing on Wonderland servers. You also gain the trust of and become the role model of everyone playing on Wonderland. Knowing that you're an admin, they expect you to know what you're doing more than other players. It's important to set a good example for everyone so that they make the right decisions in every situation they encounter. While I was in summer, I played on Wonderland servers for at least 7 hours every weekday, and many active players recognized me when I came in. They trust me, and they'll sometimes come to me for questions about specific rules. I try to help them as best as possible, and I'll be honest with them if I'm not sure about something, because it's better for them to not know than for them to know the wrong thing. This was in the summer however, and I am now going to school and won't be able to play for that long. I can still play though. On top of this I am not that busy. I would be able to respond to most discord reports and anything on the forums if I was capable of doing so, which I'm sure would be everything if I was a staff member. As an efficient, hardworking, and very rational individual, I would be an excellent addition to the Wonderland staff.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:

I have a great understanding of what I used to say in the past. My chatlogs show that I could get upset easily, and I would swear and yell and just get so upset. I am fully aware that this is unacceptable and inappropriate behavior for staff, so I have spent the last few months working hard and controlling myself anytime something annoys me in-game. I still do get upset, as it is part of my nature, but I have learned how to completely express my feelings in an acceptable manner as to not be disrespectful or annoying towards others. I speak calmly in chat or voicechat towards others, even if they've done something like freekill me or others. Also I'm looking to see what I can improve on. As a staff member of Wonderland, you don't need to be a perfect individual, but you need to have control of yourself and your responsibilities and I would need to learn what others see in me in order to improve myself, not just see what I see. I may not seem mature, but I easily can be, I usually just decide to not be sometimes. Finally, I am open to the most harsh criticism and negativity that anybody sees about me, so please let me know about things I can improve on.

Shadow

Headset Freak
Admin ★
Can you set your game details to public so we can verify that you have over 600 hours on TF2.

Socks

★ VIP ★
Can you set your game details to public so we can verify that you have over 600 hours on TF2.
Sorry, I'll fix that immediately.

Last edited:

Socks

★ VIP ★
Also sorry if the times that I'm available do not make sense, I made an error. Sorry about that. During the week, I'm available from 3pm~10pm, on the weekends I'm available from 10am~10pm, and during the summer I'm available from 9am~11pm everyday. All of these times are in EST.

Mifil

I like Touhou
Moderator ★
★ VIP ★
It's not always about removing negativity, but creating/spreading positivity.
cs.PNG FG2.PNG fg4.PNG nrr.PNG fg5.PNG f3.PNG
I don't think you practice, what you preach.
You are saying that you've been working hard the last few month improving on your behaviour and attitude. But those are all from August. How can we believe that you've changed, while not even a month ago you were using such vocabulary? Change isn't made throughout a fortnight.
Then we also have this.
socks.PNG
While it may be a sarcasm on your part, you can't be too sure nowadays. Feel free to explain this part.

As a staff member of Wonderland, you don't need to be a perfect individual, but you need to have control of yourself and your responsibilities and I would need to learn what others see in me in order to improve myself, not just see what I see.
I agree with that. That's why I don't think you've picked the right time to make an admin application. Those logs are too recent. I suggest you work hard during the next following months, to show that you did change and that your logs aren't just for "showoff".
That's for the logs.

As for the application itself.
3rd question implies that all staff members have finished school and that we all have a job. This is wrong. You wouldn't be too different from a few other staff members, who are also around your age. Be sure to expand on that 3rd question, as for now, it isn't really convincing me in any way.

You are also below the required age, which would not be a problem, if you were mature enough. And again, your recent logs prove otherwise.

I might give you a positive rating in the near future, but now, it's -1 from me.

Socks

★ VIP ★
I know the logs are recent. There's no excuse for that. Knowing that they were recent, I tried to explain that I still do get mad. I know it's also very hard to believe that I could change from saying things like that to not saying things like that in such a short amount of time. I do not show such behavior anymore, at most I'd only use caps to get the attention of someone to prevent them from breaking the rules. I talked very inappropriately on servers other than Wonderland, which is why I said a few months. I used to say worse things and be just terrible. Also that "scunt" is meant as just a joke to to say when a scout is being annoying. Sorry about that one. As for asking for a 1 year ban, that was just a joke. I don't actually want a 1 year ban. And lastly, for the 3rd question, I know that some of the staff still go to school, but I just made an assumption that most of them worked since they're so mature and I guess it just seems like they do. I just wanted to let you know that I don't play many other games, whereas the current staff do.

Mom

Dumb Ass
★ VIP ★
Honorary Member ★
Based on what I could see here from as recently as within the past month, combined with your application, i wouldn't feel too strongly towards giving a positive rating if I were to give a verdict. Aside from not being in game with you a whole lot, which wouldn't help. Most basis going off of what i'm presented with here. You could potentially already see the main points i'm hinting at, but for the sake of clarity, It's more the use of language in situations where it doesn't look like you're calling someone a name as a joke. It doesn't reflect well on you.

Socks

★ VIP ★
Based on what I could see here from as recently as within the past month, combined with your application, i wouldn't feel too strongly towards giving a positive rating if I were to give a verdict. Aside from not being in game with you a whole lot, which wouldn't help. Most basis going off of what i'm presented with here. You could potentially already see the main points i'm hinting at, but for the sake of clarity, It's more the use of language in situations where it doesn't look like you're calling someone a name as a joke. It doesn't reflect well on you.
I'm not saying that all of the inappropriate language I used was a joke. Most of it was serious, and I know I really shouldn't have done it, which is why I don't do it anymore. I was only referring to "scunt." Everything else was intended to be mean, and that's not a joke. Sorry. And even then, It's still something I shouldn't be saying.

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
Admin ★
Sorry but no. With how recent the logs are, I think that you need some time to mature and become aware that these players that you insult are those who you are supposed to help.

Socks

★ VIP ★
Sorry but no. With how recent the logs are, I think that you need some time to mature and become aware that these players that you insult are those who you are supposed to help.
Thank you. I look forward to next time.

Ra Ra RasPOOTIS

Lover of the Russian Queen
Admin ★
★ VIP ★
-1 improve your ingame behavior and prove to us that you want to be staff and i might reconsider next month.

You can deny/close this application already. I'm just wondering before you do, do I have to wait a month from the date I applied or the date this will be closed/denied? Thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.