Something I have noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
I'm passive aggressive, but I do try to not be "toxic", because there can be a *bit* of comedic value in sarcasm, while just ranting at someone like an asshole just makes you a real asshole.

I feel like it'd happen on a gamemode like Jailbreak, where you have to use the mic, but usually when someone's on the mic, someone will complain about their voice so that's already a bad start. Any other gamemodes where people use the mic people will just tell them to "shut up", which then just leads to a load of "no u" situations between two people of the same species, but are still each others worst enemies.

Even when other gamemodes like deathrun may seem more chill, there's still ways for people to get angry and become toxic over. It could be as simple as something like dying to a trap. Happens all the time in deathrun, that's the whole point in the mode, but I can't go one day in that gamemode without seeing someone say "fuck you death" for doing what they're meant to do.

The best we can do is file reports, calladmin if it's really escalating, all that jazz. But before doing any of that, I find the best way to get around it is to try and calm them down by making friendly conversation or chat with whoever is being toxic. Doesn't always work, but it feels much more rewarding than seeing someone get a week ban because they were pissed off for dying.

• Wow
Reactions: Hypernova
Status
Not open for further replies.