Stop. Ignoring. Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
can all the admins and moderators stop ignoring /call or /calladmin? like literally 100 ppl could have been banned for mic spam or toxic shit or favouritism orders but none of you actualyl do anything when there is a /call. Usually you have to go to discord and see if anyone is on and tag them. LUV was the only admin Ik the would always join within the first minute of a /call. Like I understand yall got stuff to do but you never actually show up to a /call ever. If the slight chance u do its always like an hour later or when the person left. Im not mad im just very very disappointed. If you guys can just explain why you never respond to a /call.

k thx pce

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
can all the admins and moderators stop ignoring /call or /calladmin? like literally 100 ppl could have been banned for mic spam or toxic shit or favouritism orders but none of you actualyl do anything when there is a /call. Usually you have to go to discord and see if anyone is on and tag them. LUV was the only admin Ik the would always join within the first minute of a /call. Like I understand yall got stuff to do but you never actually show up to a /call ever. If the slight chance u do its always like an hour later or when the person left. Im not mad im just very very disappointed. If you guys can just explain why you never respond to a /call.

k thx pce
dude, either report here (as you did)
OR
use the discord's report-to-staff channel

/calladmin is the least useful IMO, and report-to-staff is the best thing to use when reporting

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
I doubt they ignore calls. With the size of wonderland and the size of the staff team, my guess would be that the call:admins available ratio isn't equal by a long shot.

Most of the times I've needed them, they've come though. I'd guess that'd go through what had occurred recently and choose what the most likely and severe cases are. It's how retro used to work when we were active.

As lime says reporting on forums or on discord is more effective than calling if you have the time, and will likely get you somewhere, rather than assuming they look at the calladmins and think "ehh fuck it".

Snoop.

Celebrity
Mar 30, 2018
ive tested it tho where ive gotten 2 of my friends to join my server to report a rulebreaker and we called a bunch of times on this guy for 5 hours straight and no one showed up. My discord is broken it always says register account to chat and when I do it says email already registered so I have to make a new one every time so I am not trying to report to staff on discord.

Im not rage posting like Aldash thinks I am, its just pretty annoying when no one shows for help and I have to wait for an admin from my friends list to show so I can ask them.

Pootiscow

TF2 community historian
★ Donor ★
Apr 24, 2019
Wisconsin, USA
can all the admins and moderators stop ignoring /call or /calladmin?
I don't think I understand, are you saying admins see calls, are able to answer them, then chose not to out of laziness or something?
I'm not sure how you could come to this conclusion as you don't really have any evidence to support it, and definitely makes it seems like this post is you lashing out in frustration.

Seeing your other post I'm assuming you think is evidence that the staff are "ignoring" your calls because they failed to respond to a call you/others made. You cannot claim that because you have no idea why your call wasn't answered and it could be for a multitude of reasons, a few being; No staff was on at the time to answer calls, staff that were on at that time were busy with other calls/reports, staff were doing something besides helping servers in their free time as they are not obligated to be constantly admiring servers at all times.

Also I'm not sure what the point of this post is? Even if you were right do you think that because you called the staff lazy in a forum post they would become more active? I doubt it, and all it seems to have done is show that your immaturity and inability to handle frustration.

Stao

Bully
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Nov 20, 2018
Minnesota
First thing, I'm gonna move this to off topic.

Secondly, for the sake of transparency, I do agree that there is a problem with calls handled. I would say an average amount of calls that come in is about 150~ in a 24 hour period, and, give or take, about half get claimed/handled. This obviously isn't where WLN wants to be. I understand the frustration of players getting freekilled round after round, and no staff come on. I use to complain about it myself. I even mentioned it on my first declined application, and was an ass to do so.

However, as a staff member now, I see first hand the issue. I can't speak for all staff, but I am not available every day. I'm able to play 2-3x a week usually for 4-6 hours. I imagine this is close to a staff average as well. That's just the reality of it.

While we would love for more staff to join our team and help, we cannot just accept anyone who applies. We hope more people who show potential apply.

We do not just ignore calls. As convenient of an excuse that would be, it's not the case. Sometimes 20 staff are on for a day, and then the next day sowon is the sole staff on all day.

Encourage everyone to use recording tools and such. I may not be able to hop on cause I'm on break at work; however, you send me a recording of a player mass freekilling, or saying stupid toxic shit, I'll ban a dude.

Closing this as this thread will only create agruements and such. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me or other staff members.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.