Study abroad?

Bryan

Senior Admin ★★
Jailbreak Manager ★
Suggestions Manager ★
★ Donor ★
Sep 29, 2019
U.S./Brazil
So I've signed up for several Japanese courses in college and I'm committed to learning it within 3 years, but I don't know if I should study abroad in Japan since it would put me behind in Computer Science courses or I could cram those courses before the study abroad and focus on Japanese while there. I'm still not sure what I should do so I wanted to hear you guys' opinions or personal experiences.

floot_guy

floot_guy
★ Donor ★
Dec 9, 2017
floot_guy
Studying abroad has some of the opportunities students seek in their career such as improving their linguistic skills or for their own personal development.

I do not have any personal experience on this matter but before giving any opinion im gonna ask you a few things:

Have you ever travelled abroad before?
Are you planning to go alone?
What about housing and transport?

Bryan

Senior Admin ★★
Jailbreak Manager ★
Suggestions Manager ★
★ Donor ★
Sep 29, 2019
U.S./Brazil
Studying abroad has some of the opportunities students seek in their career such as improving their linguistic skills or for their own personal development.

I do not have any personal experience on this matter but before giving any opinion im gonna ask you a few things:

Have you ever travelled abroad before?
Are you planning to go alone?
What about housing and transport?
I lived in Brazil for about 7 years and now i go back every once and a while, but yeah im planning on going alone but if one of my friends also decides to do it then cool if not just me. Regarding housing, there are scholarships that i could get from the Japanese gov that would assist with those things plus imma be working jobs beforehand and saving up just in case.