• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Declined Suggestion about the suggestion issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreos

:I
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jan 8, 2019
Italia!
As many of you already know, when a forum member has an idea for a possible change or a completely new concept regarding in-game features, they will go to the “Suggestions” section of the Wonderland Forums to describe their notion and afterwards other forum members vote if the suggestion should be implemented or not.

The issue is that sadly the Wonderland Forums are not visited by a huge number of players. As a result, the suggestion threads often receive about 10-15 votes at most. These numbers are few compared to the hundreds, if not thousands, of players that will be affected by the said changes.

My proposal to fix this issue, whilst making the forums a bit livelier, are as follows. Whenever an important suggestion is made such as new maps, rule changes or new mechanics, an announcement is made on the Wonderland Steam group to invite players to join the forums and vote on these changes. The Steam group has a great deal of active players and many are going to be attracted by the fact that they are able to vote on adjustments that may affect them in-game. Supplementary to this, there will be an increase in forum members which will boost the forum activity and create new and original threads.

Thanks @Olaves for helping me format this.

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D
+1

It's a good idea.

The only slight issue that I can see from this suggestion is that people might abuse this feature and spam suggestions just to post announcements and notifications on the steam group (if it is coded to announce something as soon as a suggestion is posted). Otherwise, this idea would work well if a staff member only announces the important suggestions to the steam group rather than all the suggestions.

Darkrp

Forum Activist
Jan 20, 2018
Philippines
yeah, this this web are practically dying. people only for appeal for being stupid like us whoever no effense to you know who "adjective". people in tf2 wonderland server doesnt know they have a website and other games etc....

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I like the idea, especially for getting the community involved on the forums. However, I am a bit concerned how people would respond to more frequent group announcements. So here's an alternative idea:
  1. Create a #suggestions channel on the Discord that posts new threads and replies in this section.
  2. Create a Suggestions role Discord users can apply to themselves and have this role be pinged for every new thread in Suggestions. (I understand this could be abused with shitposts, which means that shitposting in Suggestions would then need to be regulated more strictly.)
  3. Make a group announcement about this going on the Discord server, encouraging people to apply this role to themselves and overall participate with community suggestions. Maybe we could have this as part of a giveaway too, but then I'm not sure how retention would be.
Thoughts?

Hypernova

the one with many names
★ Donor ★
Jun 25, 2019
???
I like the idea, especially for getting the community involved on the forums. However, I am a bit concerned how people would respond to more frequent group announcements. So here's an alternative idea:
  1. Create a #suggestions channel on the Discord that posts new threads and replies in this section.
  2. Create a Suggestions role Discord users can apply to themselves and have this role be pinged for every new thread in Suggestions. (I understand this could be abused with shitposts, which means that shitposting in Suggestions would then need to be regulated more strictly.)
  3. Make a group announcement about this going on the Discord server, encouraging people to apply this role to themselves and overall participate with community suggestions. Maybe we could have this as part of a giveaway too, but then I'm not sure how retention would be.
Thoughts?
oh my god

yes!

Lolichu

★ F + L = E ★
★ Donor ★
Feb 25, 2019
+1 good idea to get more people joining the forum or discord, giving everyone a fair chance about letting know about it since not everyone knows that we have a forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.