• Instead of replying +1 / -1, rather use the buttons to upvote or downvote.

Accepted [Suggestion] Change Death Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
London :D
Hi.

So I have a problem with the Death Request. Say it with me. Death REQUEST. Currently, according to the rules, the reds are allowed to order the guards as much as they want once they have picked LR for the next 2 minutes. Sure, grant them a death request. Sure, make it mandatory. I have no problem with this. The issue I have is that the reds are using the death request as an excuse to kill the guards. NO. That's what custom LR is for. A death request is a REQUEST the red makes on how they want to die once they have picked an LR. Come on... it's in the name... That's why I'm always scratching my head as to why I have to wait (usually) more than 2 minutes to watch a soldier fail to market garden an AFK guard. It's a ridiculous waste of time because some reds just like to waste as much time as possible on their DR and incredibly boring for dead reds as well as the guards, causing some people to even leave.

I say change the rules so that when a red picks a death request, they must have a chance of dying. For example, melee fighting a guard. Jumping into sweeper. Drowning. Fall damage. Playing fall game. Explode in console. The possibilities are endless. Just please change it from being a meaningless excuse to kill the guards and a huge waste of time. Or if changing that is out of the question, at least make it optional. After all, they are prisoners, right?

Thanks for reading. Please reply with your opinions on my proposal as I'm looking forward to seeing what the majority of people think about the death request rules currently.

:D

TheMinecraftPoke

The Lucky One
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019
+1

I hate this rule. It is just a way for reds to delay the round. I could say my death request is for all reds to afk freeze and I can go hide and delay the round. Its so stupid. Death request should be the way you die not the way you kill the reds. That's what LR is normally used for.

I hope this rule gets removed but it will be hard for players to know that the rule have been removed.
Post automatically merged:

*not the way you kill the blues.

*I could say my death request is for all BLUES to afk freeze.

Last edited:

Malfunction

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 1, 2018

There is already a rule for BLUs to hunt down REDs after 2 minutes, and if a RED is hiding somewhere and excessively delaying, you can ghost them. (After the 2 minutes have passed and the RED is still not moving). Besides, I very rarely see REDs take that long on Death Request. Half the time REDs will either kill themselves relatively quickly or simply attack the BLUs. If things are being delayed due to a BLU running away from a RED's orders/attacks, you can just report said BLU.

Even in the event that a Death Request is basically wasting time for a while, it's only a couple of minutes.
You can handle waiting 2 minutes. It's not going to kill you.

Reactions: Vladdleco

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Dec 31, 2017
New York, United States of America

Death request is typically an umbrella terms for "how to end the round" They have a 2 minute timer to end the round, once that is over, blues can end it. I really don't understand the problem with this. Maybe a little bit more elaboration on why this should actually be removed, because as of now, I think that it's a fine rule.

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017

Death request is typically an umbrella terms for "how to end the round" They have a 2 minute timer to end the round, once that is over, blues can end it. I really don't understand the problem with this. Maybe a little bit more elaboration on why this should actually be removed, because as of now, I think that it's a fine rule.

The main reason I want it changed is because of the fact that the death request SHOULD be a request the red makes on how (s)he wants to die. Not an excuse to kill the blues. An additional reason I have requested it be changed is because of the waste of time. But that's minor. I'm more focused on the fact that the reds use it as an excuse to massacre the blues. A warden grants the RED a death request. His request cannot be to kill the blues. It has to be something which kills him one way or another or atleast has a chance of killing him (melee fight for example. He may win all his fights). But it should NOT be an excuse to kill the blues. That is what custom LR is used for.

Otherwise rename death request because, well, it's just not a death request is it? It's a last request.

Last edited:

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
The name "Death Request" isn't supposed to be literal. It's fine the way it is.

What do you mean "it's not supposed to be literal"? If warden is granting a red a death request, they want them to pick how they want to die. DEATH request.

For example, in jeopardy. When u ask the person who answered the question correctly who they would like to kill, they can't say a guard. It is not fine the way it is, otherwise I would not be making this thread and others in the server would not agree with me every time I complain about it lol.

Death request is NOT supposed to be an excuse to order and kill the blues. Prisoners should not be allowed to do that unless they choose it specifically as their custom Last Request.

slither

Nov 26, 2018
To be honest i agree with olaves, this is because it is kind of meant to be a "Death request" and how it's suppose to be how the last non rebelling red get's to pick how he dies. Not to pick the death request of blues.

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
death request = request before death

not requesting death

Well, if you have a death request, you're requesting how you want to die. Last request is request before death. Regardless, request before death means that the red has to end up dying at some point, right?

That's why I want the death request rules changed slightly to make sure that whatever the death request is, it must make sure that the red has a chance of dying cos right now they don't. Most just decide to tell blues to afk on the blue line so they can get massacred. It's the wrong team dying at the end. The prisoners should die, not the guards.

Malfunction

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 1, 2018
What do you mean "it's not supposed to be literal"? If warden is granting a red a death request, they want them to pick how they want to die. DEATH request.

Death Request in this context doesn't literally mean "Requesting death". It's just a fancy name. Sort of like how Knife Pit isn't literally a pit full of knives, Death Run isn't about running to your death, Bumrushing/Bombrushing doesn't involve bums/bombs, AFK AFM doesn't mean you have to physically go away from your keyboard, Trivia doesn't have to be just trivia questions, etc.

The point is that just because it's referred to as "Death Request" doesn't mean that it literally HAS to be a request for death.

Reactions: 1999alpha

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
Death Request in this context doesn't literally mean "Requesting death". It's just a fancy name. Sort of like how Knife Pit isn't literally a pit full of knives, Death Run isn't about running to your death, Bumrushing/Bombrushing doesn't involve bums/bombs, AFK AFM doesn't mean you have to physically go away from your keyboard, Trivia doesn't have to be just trivia questions, etc.

The point is that just because it's referred to as "Death Request" doesn't mean that it literally HAS to be a request for death.

So "what is your death request" isn't asking a red how they'd like to die? I'm sorry but your argument is flawed.

Bum rush is actually slang for running at full force towards someone/something. AFK AFM is saying that you're KOS if you use your keyboard or mouse. These need to have a meaning behind it so people understand what to do. The rest are names of places so it doesn't need to have a "meaning". Just a name so people know where to go. With the same logic, death request needs a meaning behind it so people understand what they should do, which should be requesting the type of death they want.

thinhtranqq1

May 13, 2019
So "what is your death request" isn't asking a red how they'd like to die? I'm sorry but your argument is flawed.

Bum rush is actually slang for running at full force towards someone/something. AFK AFM is saying that you're KOS if you use your keyboard or mouse. These need to have a meaning behind it so people understand what to do. The rest are names of places so it doesn't need to have a "meaning". Just a name so people know where to go. With the same logic, death request needs a meaning behind it so people understand what they should do, which should be requesting the type of death they want.
the death they should do is fire them or call admin on them
Post automatically merged:

lol

TheMinecraftPoke

The Lucky One
Honorary Member ★
May 5, 2019

Knife Pit is a name of a place. That is why it has a capital K and P. That means that the name shouldn't be taken literally. Death request is a way for you to die. You are "requesting" how you die not the blues. Death Run about running from your death. It is just a term. If it was "Death request for blue" I would get what you mean but it isn't. That is what custom LR is for. A last request. With the current death request, you are getting LR and a custom LR to kill the blues at the same time. So if this was "Jailbreak" prisoners shouldn't be able to get ammo without being KOS.

I still think that Death Request should be the way you should die because you are requesting how you want to die not how you want the blue to die.

Vladdleco

Forum Extremist
Jul 2, 2018
France (Baguette Land)
After surviving all the trick orders and the mini games that the warden did, a red should be allowed to order and to do want he wants to do for 2 minutes after choosing his LR.
I agree that the name might not be appropriate but I think like Malfunction and Captain Weeb that DR should stay the same way.

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
After surviving all the trick orders and the mini games that the warden did, a red should be allowed to order and to do want he wants to do for 2 minutes after choosing his LR.
I agree that the name might not be appropriate but I think like Malfunction and Captain Weeb that DR should stay the same way.

No. After surviving all the trick orders and minigames, a red is granted LR as a reward and if he wants to order the blues around for the rest of the round, he can do so using custom LR. It's one of the reasons there is a custom LR.

Reactions: TheMinecraftPoke

Malfunction

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
May 1, 2018
No. After surviving all the trick orders and minigames, a red is granted LR as a reward and if he wants to order the blues around for the rest of the round, he can do so using custom LR. It's one of the reasons there is a custom LR.

Actually, custom LR is for if you want the next round to have an LR that isn't listed. Things like "Do climb all day", "After every order, the Warden must say OwO", "Pokemon day and I'm the trainer", etc. LR isn't for the end of the round, LR is meant to affect what happens next round.

Olaves

Amphetamine'd
Oct 27, 2017
Actually, custom LR is for if you want the next round to have an LR that isn't listed. Things like "Do climb all day", "After every order, the Warden must say OwO", "Pokemon day and I'm the trainer", etc. LR isn't for the end of the round, LR is meant to affect what happens next round.

You're allowed to use LR for the current round too. It doesn't necessarily have to be for next round although that's what it's most commonly used for, mainly because the death request rules are so loose. If you want all blues to AFK so u can kill them, that should be a custom last request, not a death request.

Status
Not open for further replies.