Tf2 Is Dying And Fortnite Is Better

Is Tf2 Dying

• Total voters

PoopyJoe

Jun 9, 2021
Now, hold on let me explain why before you start screaming into my ear; I know most of the people reading this thread are tf2 nerds who only play tf2 / don't play any actual good games, Here is a list of some of the problems with tf2

1. Player counts

1645405483067 1645405503633

Fortnite obviously beat tf2 by a lot; there is a reason why fortnite is beating tf2 in player counts (because it receives updates & better.)

2. Updates & Bots

Bro like the last time tf2 got a major update was like almost 5 years ago; Jungle inferno was garbage; The only 2 good weapons they added were the second banana, and the dragons fury, Pyro is a brainless class.

Demo should've gotten the update and given him a shotgun, like imagine you using your pipes and then switching to your shotgun to finish him off.

Valve abandoned this game; Most of the tweaks they added in the past year barely even helped with the bots, First off the muted f2ps and then made it so players cant vote kick immediately when they join.

The second fix doesn't seem too bad but then once you realize bot makers have found a way to bypass that it makes you realize that valve really wants this game to die (and its working!)

By now you guys would say "bUt pOopest jOesPeh tHe III jUsT Go oN cOmmUnity sErvERs" But most community servers are bad (including wonderland)
the plugins they have are so bad and filled with so many bugs and poo poo commands like RTD, The only good community servers are Uncle Dane's ones because they are mostly vanilla.

3. Garbage Community

The community of tf2 is filled with a bunch of man-children who defend valve for abandoning this game; if you mention any game that isnt tf2 they immediately start screeching about how "tEamFor tress 2 is btter then Ovber watch!11"

Back when Muselk played tf2 in 2016 he was starting to get burnt out of the game since the meet your match update came out and it was garbage, all of the changes the added were bad and the tf2 player count hit an all time low.

Content for tf2 was very scarce or bad; Muselk needed something to save his channel so he switched to another game "Overwatch" some people liked this game but then a lot of people hated this game because it wasn't tf2.

He started uploading a little bit of overwatch videos on his channel and then when the jungle inferno eventually came out he played tf2 and saw how the update was still bad.

By that time over watch was also starting to get bad so then he switched to a new upcoming game "Fortnite" now the tf2 community sees him and any youtuber who even dares to make variety content as a traitor for leaving a dying game with no updates.

Now he's a successful millionaire

4. Fortnite

Then when you go to fortnite nearly all of the problems listed here are non existent

The game is good, season 1 - 8 was at its peak but then I'll agree chapter 2 was pretty bad; but chapter 3 brought back Fortnite's charm again and now its good.

Also it actually receives updates and the developer actually cares about the game and its community.

Me, Jimmy, and Snipers_ play trios scrims and we are pretty cracked at it.

The End.

Attachments

• 1645406466723.png
    1645406466723.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 11

tornado

May 28, 2021
You forgot one thing: it's been dead for nearly a decade, and it still is faring better than 60% of games rn
Post automatically merged:

You forgot one thing: it's been dead for nearly a decade, and it still is faring better than 60% of games rn
im talking about tf2 in this post

Last edited:

xyso

gamert
Mapper
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2021
united states
jesus poopy, you put this in shitposts but make it look so serious, anyways, here's my response.

starting with reason 1.
yes, obviously fortnite overcomes tf2 in player count by a long haul, and i doubt tf2 will/could ever reach that player amount, but when you said "(because it receives updates & better.)" kind of implies that if tf2 started receiving updates and "was better" (in your opinion so to speak) tf2 would reach that player count of fortnite, seems stupid, right?

reason 2.
i agree with this, well, most of it, valve in my opinion have abandoned the game, but i haven't lost hope yet, (pyro is also a brainless class), i don't really have much to say for the first part, but on your paragraph on the community servers, i disagree, yes, there are servers with rtd and such, but it introduces many many more gamemodes, such as jailbreak, hide n seek, class wars, tf2ware, and many others, and although many of those aren't as active as they used to be, i think its a big chunk of why tf2 is still going, and as to the uncle danes servers are the only good ones now, there are many other concepts of vanilla community servers, i.e: faceit, UGC, skial, tf2center, etc. which all can bring a lot of better experiences from bot infested lobbies.

reason 3.
yes yes i know tf2 is filled with man children and shit but why only mention muselk? there are still many many youtubers who focus on tf2 and gain a lot of audience attention do they not? and you should also understand that muselk quit when the player counts were low and that's when he believed tf2 was done for good, and when it came back up he was already back into other games which were reeling in more subscribers and likes and stuff. theres also the fact that muselk changed the way he advertised and made his videos appealing, take a look at his tf2 thumbnails and titles and compare it to his fortnite thumbnails and titles, see the big gap? alot of popular youtubers ethics are "more audience retention on a certain game/genre = continue doing said thing to gain more popularity/profits.

reason 4.
yes, the problems YOU listed are not in fortnite, fortnite still has many issues with cheaters, they have a very poor anti cheat matter of fact, but im not comparing that to tf2s anti cheat (literally dead), fortnite in my opinion fluctuates very heavily in player counts because of how often they fuck up, literally every other season they fuck something up that causes alot of people to say the season is bad and refrain from playing in that season, take season 16 and compare it to 17, notice the different player retention and how heavily the player count differs. and in my eyes, epic does not care about its community at all, before they used to listen to its heavy streamers and actually take feedback rather than just ignore it and pray that their game stays alive, notice how epic changed? they almost never listen to any streamers or community feedback.

that is all. (why the fuck do you have a fortnite hud. 💀)

Mann Of Security

Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2020
Ima be straight with you here.
I started playing Fortnite back in season 2 (The og chapter)
I liked it back then when it wasn’t filled with cringy kids and YouTubers, I left when season 9 happened purely because of how bad it got.

I haven’t played it since and I don’t care too. Now a days it’s just a cringe fest and is dead compared to its height of power.

And I don’t plan of ever playing it again

cottage

Fake
Honorary Member ★
Nov 19, 2019
>18
jesus xyso, you replied to a shitpost and it is serious, anyways here's my response.

Reason 1:
This is a strawman of poopy's original point, he didn't say that the games are different solely on updates, he said that is a factor. As a direct quote "Fortnite obviously beat tf2 by a lot; there is a reason why Fortnite is beating tf2 in player counts (because it receives updates & better.)" hence, this is not just limited to receiving updates.

Reason 2:
His opinion on RTD's is entirely subjective because the implementation on them on different servers can be a factor of people's opinion. A lot of people say that negativity bias is why this command is so bad, most of the commands give really bad disadvantages or really good advantages, but at the end of the day they are opinions sadly. This also goes for the community and whom may enjoy them.

Reason 3:
The aforementioned change in thumbnails you highlight between Fortnite and tf2 is disingenuous, the time between those gaps is years long. Content, format, and subjective feel can change instead of just the way he wants to advertise/play the game for his new audience. Furthermore, the tf2 community is infamous for its practical harassment and hatred for those who leave the community [this is a generalization because I don't watch a lot of tf2 YouTubers but when I do see people quit tf2] are subject to people practically saying "why did you leave!??" or things within that regard. As I said previously this is a [possible] generlization of tf2 YouTubers quitting, but having that opinion doesn't mean you get to rightfully use the skull emoji.

Reason 4:

fortnite still has many issues with cheaters
If you consider not banning every single cheater in a game, "many issues" than i don't know how to combat that. Recently, (like 4 days ago) I picked up the game and played it consistently & hadn't seen a single cheater, & they weren't AS servers, they were US.
take season 16 and compare it to 17,
idk why you're comparing the seasons when he verbally said that everything past season 1-8 and chapter two was bad.
epic does not care about its community at all
Yet they put multiple updates out, skins of streamers, events to get skins or v-bucks. The upmost former may be argued that its intention is for the game not the community, however the latter two do not fall under that.

that is all. (why the fuck do you post on the forums💀)

PoopyJoe

Jun 9, 2021
jesus poopy, you put this in shitposts but make it look so serious, anyways, here's my response.

starting with reason 1.
yes, obviously fortnite overcomes tf2 in player count by a long haul, and i doubt tf2 will/could ever reach that player amount, but when you said "(because it receives updates & better.)" kind of implies that if tf2 started receiving updates and "was better" (in your opinion so to speak) tf2 would reach that player count of fortnite, seems stupid, right?

reason 2.
i agree with this, well, most of it, valve in my opinion have abandoned the game, but i haven't lost hope yet, (pyro is also a brainless class), i don't really have much to say for the first part, but on your paragraph on the community servers, i disagree, yes, there are servers with rtd and such, but it introduces many many more gamemodes, such as jailbreak, hide n seek, class wars, tf2ware, and many others, and although many of those aren't as active as they used to be, i think its a big chunk of why tf2 is still going, and as to the uncle danes servers are the only good ones now, there are many other concepts of vanilla community servers, i.e: faceit, UGC, skial, tf2center, etc. which all can bring a lot of better experiences from bot infested lobbies.

reason 3.
yes yes i know tf2 is filled with man children and shit but why only mention muselk? there are still many many youtubers who focus on tf2 and gain a lot of audience attention do they not? and you should also understand that muselk quit when the player counts were low and that's when he believed tf2 was done for good, and when it came back up he was already back into other games which were reeling in more subscribers and likes and stuff. theres also the fact that muselk changed the way he advertised and made his videos appealing, take a look at his tf2 thumbnails and titles and compare it to his fortnite thumbnails and titles, see the big gap? alot of popular youtubers ethics are "more audience retention on a certain game/genre = continue doing said thing to gain more popularity/profits.

reason 4.
yes, the problems YOU listed are not in fortnite, fortnite still has many issues with cheaters, they have a very poor anti cheat matter of fact, but im not comparing that to tf2s anti cheat (literally dead), fortnite in my opinion fluctuates very heavily in player counts because of how often they fuck up, literally every other season they fuck something up that causes alot of people to say the season is bad and refrain from playing in that season, take season 16 and compare it to 17, notice the different player retention and how heavily the player count differs. and in my eyes, epic does not care about its community at all, before they used to listen to its heavy streamers and actually take feedback rather than just ignore it and pray that their game stays alive, notice how epic changed? they almost never listen to any streamers or community feedback.

that is all. (why the fuck do you have a fortnite hud. 💀)
When I said muselk I meant to use him as an example for all tf2 YouTubers who try to branch out, also because he is arguably the most popular one (also I like the Fortnite hud better then tf2s hud)