The Game Night could've been handled a whole lot better

FrogDispenser

Apr 14, 2020
Take this from someone who used to be a mod on a gamenight server, what happened a few days ago was a failure. Now that everyone has had a few days to reflect upon it, I think it would be clear that the gamenight was mishandled, disorganized, and an all around unfun experience. A few tips that I personally have, would be to take suggestions for games beforehand instead of taking them on the spot. This wasted precious time, which leads me to my next point.

The gamenight only lasted a measly 2 hours. I bailed about halfway through. But from what I've heard, mostly TF2 was played. Now, I love TF2 as much as the next guy, but it would have been nice to have a much wider selection of games. This server is primarily a TF2 one after all. SCP Secret Lab, Roblox, and Minecraft are all games that are either free or most people have at the very least. Much better options, in my opinion.

I'd like to close this post with one final point. It needed more time to process. People needed more time to prepare. The event was announced out of nowhere, and no suggestions were taken. I'd love to see another gamenight happen, as long as it is managed better. If that can happen, at the very least, I think a lot more people are going to want to play and people will generally have more fun

Cheers!