The growing problems of scammers and hackers

mnrjared

Apr 13, 2020
South Africa
SCAMING

There has been a growing problem of scammers on steam.
The have been always a problem with scammers but because of the quarantine there has been more scammer activity.
I have fallen victim of a not so well wide spread scam called the steam admin scam.
YouTube Link talking about the scam (
)
The scam goes about you being reported to a steam admin but its just BS

HACKERS

There has been hacker problem on TF2,DBD
TF2 as we all know always had a hacker problem but its getting worse
Every causal i join there is sometimes a whole team full of hackers.
DBD=Dead By Daylight also dint have a big hacker problem but i found a whole community full of hackers that also have they'r own Discord server.
Sometimes i would in counter a speed hacker but its no big deal but then almost 3 times a lobby i would find a whole SWF group of hackers.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
For scammers: I've never had any issues with being scammed since usually scammers are pretty obvious. Although, for people newer to Steam/not aware of scamming tactics, they're a threat. I don't know of any ways Steam moderation could improve against scamming. The only thing I can think of is taking down scam websites, but I don't know if they even have the legal ability to do that.

For cheaters: as Gibus said, community servers are the solution for now. It's far too easy to wreak havoc on Casual servers, but community servers can have staff, SMAC, and other forms of cheat prevention that are more effective. Hopefully some better anti-cheat efforts are done for Casual, as still a lot of people play on those servers.

Reactions: Gibus and mnrjared