The Permaban of Armani Quesadilla

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwO The Destoyer

Jan 11, 2019
A disclaimer of sorts: this is not an appeal, but more of a protest, or pointing out what i see as flawed.
Armani's Ban Appeal can be seen here:
Armani's Appeal

Some 4 months ago the player Armani Quesadilla was banned for allegedly planning a raid against the WL community. Not only was this false, but the punishment was overly harsh for the circumstance. What Armani said was taken out of context and if the rest of the conversation was revealed it would become clear that he was making a joke. Another problem with the permaban, is that Armani had no power to Raid WL, either on the Discord, on the forums, or even in game. He never could have done any long lasting damage, even if for some reason the threat was serious, so banning him had no practical reason either. the only way i could see a permaban being justified is if Armani had been banned multiple times before for other offenses, but this is the first recorded ban on his account. and As the cherry on top, 2 out of the 3 Admins who have been said to manage the case, both had some level of bias against Armani, and admitted to personally disliking him.

All i am saying is that Armani's case was poorly investigated, his punishment was overly harsh, and the outcome was influenced by bias to some extent​

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
What Armani said was taken out of context and if the rest of the conversation was revealed it would become clear that he was making a joke.
The only sentence that could have somewhat suggested this was a joke was "We need to plan the destruction of wonderland," for sake of hyperbole. After that everything stated though (what Armani said, and what others replied with), seemed completely legitimate at the time. Or at least to me (I was there when the original joke was made), to Ray, to Shadow, and to people who replied to what he said on the Discord. So I don't think it was very "clear" he was making a joke, this isn't to say he wasn't though.

Another problem with the permaban, is that Armani had no power to Raid WL, either on the Discord, on the forums, or even in game. He never could have done any long lasting damage, even if for some reason the threat was serious, so banning him had no practical reason either. the only way i could see a permaban being justified is if Armani had been banned multiple times before for other offenses, but this is the first recorded ban on his account.
That just isn't how it works. If someone threatens to raid the community, or otherwise damage it (DDOS, whatever you can think of), standard procedure is to, well, not wait to see if they are going to follow through with their actions, and instead do the safest option of banning them then and there.

2 out of the 3 Admins who have been said to manage the case, both had some level of bias against Armani, and admitted to personally disliking him.
Do you have any proof that there was any favoritism involved with this ban specifically, or is this all word of mouth?

Reactions: OwO The Destoyer

OwO The Destoyer

Jan 11, 2019
I know that Shadow admitted to having a bias against Armani, as well as Ray, but i dont have screenshots, so it would be unreasonable to say that they really had any bias, I apologize.

but hypothetically speaking, even if Armani did have the intention to raid the server, or do it harm in some way, would it be reasonable to keep him banned for this long? I've spoken with him, and before getting banned he was a very active member in the community, and would play Jailbreak almost every day. He now tells me multiple times a week how much he misses Wonderland's servers because "all the other jb servers have really sh*t rules, like blues have crits and sh*t..." i dunno, its all just kinda stupid, but i know that he never meant to actually harm the server, i have always known that, and i will always know that.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
but hypothetically speaking, even if Armani did have the intention to raid the server, or do it harm in some way, would it be reasonable to keep him banned for this long? I've spoken with him, and before getting banned he was a very active member in the community, and would play Jailbreak almost every day. He now tells me multiple times a week how much he misses Wonderland's servers because "all the other jb servers have really sh*t rules, like blues have crits and sh*t..." i dunno, its all just kinda stupid, but i know that he never meant to actually harm the server, i have always known that, and i will always know that.
Threats towards the servers/community are typically permanent, regardless of status as a regular or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.