Declined the_man's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_man

Member ★
Requirements:
  • No VAC/Game ban(s) on record | Info ✘ (Explanation in the spoiler)
The reason I have "multiple game bans on record" is because I used cheat engine in a private lobby on COD BO2 Zombies, playing with only myself and causing no harm to the game or the people playing the game at all (If banned on one BO2 game you get banned from the rest hence the multiple game bans). I got BO2 on Kinguin for $40 which included all of the DLC and I only managed to get 2 hours into the game until I got banned. I bought the game for nostalgia since it was one of the first games I ever played and I remember having a ton of fun playing it with friends I am mostly no longer in touch with. I'm hoping this explanation is enough of an excuse to why I have this as an ✘ I probably should not have used cheat engine in a COD Game but I thought playing offline would prevent any action being taken against my account, sadly I was wrong.

image.jpg

image2.png

image3.png

image1.png
  • Clean [+]SteamREP | Info : ✔
  • No active bans on the community. | Info : ✔
  • Member in our steam group | Info : ✔
  • At least 16+ years old (preferred 18+) : ✔
  • Team Fortress 2 playtime: 600+ hours : ✔
  • No limited/F2P Steam account. | Info : ✔
  • Forum account created at least 2 weeks prior to the application : ✔
  • Sufficient English skills. : ✔ *
  • Server connection time: 48+ hours : ✔ *
  • Owning and actively using a discord account : ✔ *
  • No private Steam profile. : ✔ *
  • Sufficient forum activity. (At least 15+ posts!) : ✔ *
* = mandatory requirement

Personal Information:

Age (dd/mm/yy): 07/27/2000 (18 years old)
SteamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042536181/
Do you have a working microphone?: Yes
How good is your English? (rating: 0 - 10): 10
Will you be able to help donate monthly?: Probably, I have already donated 40$ but I'm saving money for education.
Questions:

1. At what times are you mostly available to administrate on the servers?:

I am mostly available from 1:00 PM EST - 2:00 AM EST
(during school times it will be 2:30 PM EST - 11:00 PM EST)

2. Have you ever held an administrator or moderator position for another community? If so, what position did you hold and for how long did/have you hold/held it?:
Yes, I have been an admin on PBFortress which was for about around 7 months, and Head-Admin on Phoenix Trade Servers for about 6 months.

3. How do you feel your acceptance as a Server Administrator and Forum Moderator will effect the community?:
I think my acceptance as a Server Administrator will affect the community positively. If I were to get accepted I could prevent people from breaking the rules and to make sure that if anyone does break the rules the person would get punished fairly and I could explain to the punished person what he/she did wrong so that the person does not break the same rule again and could possibly become a respected person in the community for the knowledge on the rules. I would do my absolute best to try and make peoples experience better on the Wonderland servers and forums.

4. How would you improve the community/servers overall?:
I would improve the community/servers overall by being a strict but fair staff member to make sure that everyone can enjoy the game and not have to deal with rule breakers. I also would make sure to help any new players on the forums or server so that he/she would have a good first experience on wonderland and to get him/her started on the path to become an active member of WonderLand's community/servers.

5. Which Wonderland.tf servers do you usually play on and what time?:
I play on Jailbreak: NY, NY #2, IL, and LA
I play on them for a couple hours every day in the time-span: 1:00 PM EST - 2:00 AM EST

6. Do you have any experience administrating through SourceMod?:
I have good experience administrating through SourceMod from being an admin on PBFortress and on Phoenix Trade Servers. Even though its been a while since I have played TF2, I still remember most of the administrative commands that comes with being a staff member on a Source Game.

7. How have you supported the community so far?:
I have donated 40$ to the community and I have helped out many people in game who were new to the server on how to play Jailbreak. I usually do my best to prevent rule breakers from becoming warden when I am on blue and have slayed many mass free killers as warden in the past to allow the reds to have an enjoyable rest of the round. I have also helped new players with the rules when they are confused and I have helped many new wardens by giving him/her tips on how to improve on there strategies so that they do not mess up as warden since it can be embarrassing for some people.

8. Why should we accept you into the team?:
I believe I should be accepted into the wonderland staff team because I have a lot of experience being a staff and I am very active on the servers. I would be capable of getting on the servers late at night to get people breaking the rules when other staff are asleep which would make the servers more populated at later hours. I always get annoyed when someone goes warden later in the day when no staff are on and then he/she starts breaking the rules left and right and all I can do is watch. I'd love to be an active member of the community but with people breaking the rules a lot of the times I am on the servers I thought it would be worth trying to become a staff member to make my experience on the servers more positive and enjoyable and for all the rule-biding players to also have a more enjoyable experience on the wonderland jailbreak servers.

9. Anything else you want to tell us (maybe about yourself)?:
I'm coming back to TF2 after a pretty long leave to see if I still enjoy the first game I ever played and turns out jailbreak is really fun still, I have been having a lot of fun on the servers and most of the people on them are friendly. In real life I am a senior in high school and enjoy playing sports and to learn more than I already know. I like to hang out with my friends and I recently went on a 1 week vacations where I went camping out in the woods with some friends which I had a lot of fun doing. I have recently learned C++ as well and am now trying learn the Windows.h header file to write windows programs. If by any chance coders might be needed in this community I might be able to help I would just need to learn more about how TF2 works and the libraries/header files used.

Sanxis

Symmetra rework will fail
Admin ★
You have less than minimum required forum posts and you arent active at all on the forum. You are not even in our discord channel. Why dont try to be more active before applying ? Another thing that worries me personally I dont like when applicants have vac ban whatever the reason. It looks bad on behalf of our staff team.

Last edited:

Captain Weeb

Oh Captain My Captain
Admin ★
While having prior experience to administrating, it is pretty clear that you aren't that active in the community. I have seen you a few times in game, which is nice and I even set aside the VAC ban. However, I noticed that you are not active in discord. To be frank, I haven't seen your name once within the last week in discord. Part of being a staff member is being active in the community outside of the game, which means forums and discord. The fact that you do not have the minimum posts of 15 before applying shows me either impatience or not showing enough care for the community. As a result, I will vote no.

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★
First off I was going to note your past names being very vulgar, however I see you changed them which is good.

Otherwise, one of my bigger concerns coming into this application is your past history of cheating. I can recall you were banned from PB for cheating, and as far as I'm aware, you have a history of cheating beyond the Game bans shown here. May I ask the reason for your VAC ban on this (past) account of yours? https://steamcommunity.com/id/proedgeclaimer/

the_man

Member ★
First off I was going to note your past names being very vulgar, however I see you changed them which is good.

Otherwise, one of my bigger concerns coming into this application is your past history of cheating. I can recall you were banned from PB for cheating, and as far as I'm aware, you have a history of cheating beyond the Game bans shown here. May I ask the reason for your VAC ban on this (past) account of yours? https://steamcommunity.com/id/proedgeclaimer/
The reason I was banned from PB was because at the time Sandvich was pretty much the co-owner and on that day ben and I were messing with him and he banned me and ben because of it, I did not cheat in PB to get that ban and when I got banned Sandvich wasn't even in the game when he did ban me. And for that account with the VAC ban, I want to say that this took place 2 years ago, and I don't do this anymore. I was playing CSGO HVH (Hack vs Hack) the game mode is literally as it sounds cheaters fought cheaters and it took place in private servers, that was the only purpose of that account and it did not go into pubs and ruin people's experience in CSGO.

the_man

Member ★
You have less than minimum required forum posts and you arent active at all on the forum. You are not even in our discord channel. Why dont try to be more active before applying ? Another thing that worries me personally I dont like when applicants have vac ban whatever the reason. It looks bad on behalf of our staff team.

Thank you for the analyses of my application, but I believe that you're wrong about the forum posts if you look at my account and go to postings I have more than 15, but if the "Messages" number was the one I was supposed to pay attention to then my bad I misinterpreted the requirements, and on discord I am online 7+ hours a day, I might be misinterpreting the requirement again if so could you tell me what I was meant to do.

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★
Thank you for the analyses of my application, but I believe that you're wrong about the forum posts if you look at my account and go to postings I have more than 15, but if the "Messages" number was the one I was supposed to pay attention to then my bad I misinterpreted the requirements, and on discord I am online 7+ hours a day, I might be misinterpreting the requirement again if so could you tell me what I was meant to do.
Yes it means messages.

Also I think Sanxis was unaware of your account given it's name is different from "the_man," with only the nickname indicating you. However, I would encourage more Discord activity, as it's where a majority of the community comes to chat & it'd help you to get to know fellow players/staff and vice-versa.

the_man

Member ★
Thank you
Yes it means messages.

Also I think Sanxis was unaware of your account given it's name is different from "the_man," with only the nickname indicating you. However, I would encourage more Discord activity, as it's where a majority of the community comes to chat & it'd help you to get to know fellow players/staff and vice-versa.
Thanks you for clarification I'm sorry for wasting your time but since I don't meet more than 1 requirement this app isn't valid anymore, but thanks everyone for the criticism and if I make a new one I'll be sure to take everyone's comments into thought.

<2F F> Captain Maxxy

Grandmaster
Admin ★
While I think you may be an ok applicant theres too much small things that push it down in my opinion, I didn't really hear of you until just recently and while that might just be me, you need to be a bit more active on forums and a lot more active on discord for me to vote yes. I think being more active on our discord will help you a lot overall as well. Nothing personal but for now I'm afraid I'm gonna have to vote no.

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★
Pros
  • Good amount of in-game activity, including on Jailbreak servers where administration is a frequent need.
  • Previous experience with administration & SourceMod.
Neutral
  • While I don't particularly find the application very bad, questions 3 & 4 to me feel a little bland and generic. There's not much specific elaboration, such as when you say, "I'll be a strict but fair staff member," how do you plan to be strict but fair? Again, this could just be nitpicking on my part, hence why I've made it neutral, but I think you should consider this about your answer and if you can add anything to it in future applications (if you do plan to make ones if you are denied).
Cons
  • - Chat logs. Shows various rather aggressive & at times disrespectful behavior. Of course, not all of it is very bad, but I think it gets the message across that, from what I'm seeing here, you seem to have a tendency to get angry at others in-game. If I can not trust you to contain your anger against other users at times, how can I trust you to administrate them?
  • Past history of cheating. While I am on this topic, you also have membership in some...rather questionable groups (in regards to being related to cheating). For clarification, we've typically disallowed membership in cheating groups (ex. NSS), so while I won't say you're exactly disallowed to be in groups such as this (I'll leave it up to you pending there's no actual need to take action), in my eyes staff are supposed to set an example, so you perhaps may want to consider leaving them (however, I don't really want to force people what groups they should/shouldn't be in if it isn't a cheating group we've disallowed, as IMO that's rather restrictive, so again this is just food for thought if you want to remain or leave them, since you said yourself you've stopped cheating a while ago).
  • Originally applied missing forum posts requirement. Yes, it wasn't by much, however you were still missing it. Overall though, you have mediocre Discord activity, with not bad forum activity.
  • I saw you mentioned that you hate how when you see a warden start to break rules, all you can do is watch. Perhaps this is just me, but I haven't seen you file any reports against users either via /call or on Discord. I don't know if you're privately messaging staff, but if you're prospecting being a staff member, you should start by helping out staff in this regard. In fact, filing reports over the Discord would not only help in this regard but would also increase your Discord activity.
Anyway, I will go for a -1. While I believe you have potential, I can't support you just yet given the various cons I mentioned. If I see an improvement though, I will re-consider.

Everything was pretty much said above ^. I hope you can use this criticism for a better app in the future! -1

the_man

Member ★
Pros
  • Good amount of in-game activity, including on Jailbreak servers where administration is a frequent need.
  • Previous experience with administration & SourceMod.
Neutral
  • While I don't particularly find the application very bad, questions 3 & 4 to me feel a little bland and generic. There's not much specific elaboration, such as when you say, "I'll be a strict but fair staff member," how do you plan to be strict but fair? Again, this could just be nitpicking on my part, hence why I've made it neutral, but I think you should consider this about your answer and if you can add anything to it in future applications (if you do plan to make ones if you are denied).
Cons
  • - Chat logs. Shows various rather aggressive & at times disrespectful behavior. Of course, not all of it is very bad, but I think it gets the message across that, from what I'm seeing here, you seem to have a tendency to get angry at others in-game. If I can not trust you to contain your anger against other users at times, how can I trust you to administrate them?
  • Past history of cheating. While I am on this topic, you also have membership in some...rather questionable groups (in regards to being related to cheating). For clarification, we've typically disallowed membership in cheating groups (ex. NSS), so while I won't say you're exactly disallowed to be in groups such as this (I'll leave it up to you pending there's no actual need to take action), in my eyes staff are supposed to set an example, so you perhaps may want to consider leaving them (however, I don't really want to force people what groups they should/shouldn't be in if it isn't a cheating group we've disallowed, as IMO that's rather restrictive, so again this is just food for thought if you want to remain or leave them, since you said yourself you've stopped cheating a while ago).
  • Originally applied missing forum posts requirement. Yes, it wasn't by much, however you were still missing it. Overall though, you have mediocre Discord activity, with not bad forum activity.
  • I saw you mentioned that you hate how when you see a warden start to break rules, all you can do is watch. Perhaps this is just me, but I haven't seen you file any reports against users either via /call or on Discord. I don't know if you're privately messaging staff, but if you're prospecting being a staff member, you should start by helping out staff in this regard. In fact, filing reports over the Discord would not only help in this regard but would also increase your Discord activity.
Anyway, I will go for a -1. While I believe you have potential, I can't support you just yet given the various cons I mentioned. If I see an improvement though, I will re-consider.
Thanks for reviewing my application, that group you mentioned was the group for the HVH stuff I mentioned in my last reply to you and I left it now, I forgot that I was even in said group. About the stuff I said in game I can't do much but apologize for them I do get annoyed easily in some scenarios and I'll work on trying to be more professional about the scenarios that usually annoy me or anger me in the future. And I should probably report more often on the forums than I do but just from experience of my last report which I thought was a huge issue with the server got no replies but I suppose next time I see someone rule breaking I'll take screenshots and video footage and try again. I appreciate the criticism and I will work towards improving/fixing all the cons you mentioned.

Also for anyone else who will post on this application I'm going to be on vacation for a week and I'll be back on the 19th

Eight

Restless
Super-Admin ★
Thanks for reviewing my application, that group you mentioned was the group for the HVH stuff I mentioned in my last reply to you and I left it now, I forgot that I was even in said group. About the stuff I said in game I can't do much but apologize for them I do get annoyed easily in some scenarios and I'll work on trying to be more professional about the scenarios that usually annoy me or anger me in the future. And I should probably report more often on the forums than I do but just from experience of my last report which I thought was a huge issue with the server got no replies but I suppose next time I see someone rule breaking I'll take screenshots and video footage and try again. I appreciate the criticism and I will work towards improving/fixing all the cons you mentioned.

Also for anyone else who will post on this application I'm going to be on vacation for a week and I'll be back on the 19th
Alright thanks for your response & to let us know that you'll be away. Though, I encourage that you resort to using calladmin or reporting on the Discord and then use forum reports if there isn't any response. It's better for us to handle issues whilst they are going on than to handle them after the fact.

Kruthal

Super-Admin ★
-1, reasons stated above.

Shadow

Headset Freak
Admin ★
With everything that's been brought up by other staff members, I'll be giving a -1

Madi

Head-Admin
Head-Admin ★★
Application declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.