Status
Not open for further replies.

Player

May 12, 2019
Somewhere
Right, let's get to the chase.

[STEAM PROFILE]

1. BAN PROFILE LINK
You can click here to view my ban link (the most recent one is the issue I would like to focus on).

2. Explanation
Okay, this is going to be a lengthy explanation, but bear with me here.

I would first like to provide some background information. When I'm on a Jailbreak server, I like to poke fun/mock at other people as a joke. This explains my first ban rather well, my previous (and first) ban was for "harassing" an admin on a Jailbreak server by offering players free credits to jokingly poke fun at an admin (I actually never gave any credits to anyone, though). I would say things like "[admin] smells" or anything along the lines of that, but the point here is that I actually did NOT have any intents to harass an admin in an aggressive manner. So, there's some background for you.

Anyways, for the most of the time, other people and I have a good time calling eachother names and such, you know? Calling eachother bullies, idiots, stupids, and then maybe we (or atleast I as it seems) call other people words such as gay, or poke fun at a person (or a class character's) nationality. FOR EXAMPLE, I would often joke about anyone who players as the Spy, only because of his nationality being French (and as such when someone who plays as the Spy dies, I may often say "well he/she was French so he/she deserved it").

So, in this particular case, I applied this case to that of homosexuality. Why did I pick that? Because calling someone "gay" is a classic line that, if not abused, can be an effective joke. For example, I would, for example, make a joke such as "Kill him [one out the few RED prisoners during a game who is still alive] because he/she's gay!" [although no one would kill that specific player, since, well... it's not a serious command because you obviously cannot kill someone for being of a certain orientation, AND I'm not the Warden for the most of the time]. However, it seems that no one had taken offense to said statements, and of course, we all took it as a joke. However, this is where my ban comes into play.

Apparently, an Admin who was on the server did not take that as a joke. Now don't get me wrong, we all have a different sense of humor. However, when said humor is not denounced by the majority of the server, it seems that my (or anyone's sense of humor) should NOT be seen as actually derogatory. Yes, calling others gay is a rather petty joke, but, as previously stated, when it is used effectly (as in it's not constantly said) it can become a rather funny joke. Thus, I got whacked with a ban.

HOWEVER, my ban reasoning is not done there. The other half of my ban states that I was inducing "spam in chat logs". In my opinion, this is a very vague and confusing ban reason, as I checked the console logs for any "spam" that I may have committed, and it seems that there is none.

To add onto this, I would like to say that I LOVE interacting with the server. To do this, I often like asking "Do you like _____?" or "Type 1/2 in chat if you ___ this and that". Of course, I would receive a TON of replies, all with a similar fashion of numbers (such as 2). Here's an example.

One question that I recall asking was "Type 1 in chat if you like Fortnite" (since Fortnite is a very mockable game, in my opinion). The following replies is what occurred in the server chat (all taken from console logs, prior to being banned).

*DEAD* Hacker Battbro : 21
*DEAD* =WL= Neppuneppu : 2
*DEAD* Thot Patrol Мастep : 2
*DEAD* Not an Admin CriTicAl sHiT : i love sleeping with your mom (Oh yeah, we love making "your mom" jokes aswell.)
*DEAD* =WL= Hammy <3 : everyone type 2

Now, as much as I love asking these questions to whatever server I'm on, I don't abuse it. In other words, I would ask these questions far and in between rounds. I do not see this as spam, seeing that this does NOT flood the server chat for a long period of time. Rather, it occurs in a matter of seconds, and the game normally resumes. This does NOT disrupt the flow of any days occurring, as I would ask these questions when Warden is NOT talking.

OH, and there's one more thing I would like to touch up on. When I went Warden, there was this time when I wanted all REDs (Or "Jews" as they were referred to in game, and of course that was not to be taken seriously) to bombrush to Crush Game. Unfortunately, button-dependent minigames like Crush Game are known to be abused, as they can be stopped by any guard. Being a little pesty, I announced (with a clear voice) that anyone on BLU who steps near the buttons for Crush Game will be Warden-slayed. A user by Hammy <3 stepped near the buttons. As such, I slayed him, and he called Admin on me, claiming that it was illegal. After reviewing the Warden rules on the forums, this does not seem to break any rules. One rule DOES say that "Guard Slay is an ability given to the warden to slay rule-breakers. Slaying guards who are not rule-breaking is strictly prohibited. Guards may not be slain for offenses done in previous rounds with the exception of repeated mass freekillers." What exactly is "rule-breakers"? Server-rule breakers? I interpreted it as rules that are Server-rule, AS WELL AS rules that Warden may give out, provided that it is within a justifiable reach. I mean, why is it that the Admin did not put in "hacking" as a ban-reason if I said (as a joke OF COURSE) that I had an outdated version of LMAObox, yet I recieved a ban for "homophobia"?

3. Why should I be unbanned?

Well, As you have read for the entirety of #2, I think that it seems as if the Admin who banned me was not aware of the sense of humor that I (or really anyone else in the server) had, and as such banned me on the fly. Just because I or someone else calls another person gay as a joke, does not equate to ACTUAL homophobia. Both of my bans that I have received are due to the faults of the admins, for they seem to lack the ability to tell the difference between agression and satire.

While I do not want to be very critical of the admins, I believe that they should NOT unfairly ban people like me on the fly and leave a very vague (and even untrue) ban reason, and leave ACTUAL server-rule breakers to continue being, well, a server-rule breaker, in your servers. For example, there was this user named RinoOx [STEAM PROFILE HERE] in our server today who was repeatedly spouting the N-Word (with an -er) in chat, and although reported, he did not receive a ban yet, which is baffling. I am very disappointed in Wonderland.tf's admins for this ban to occur, but I do wish to come to a preferred conclusion. The preferred conclusion being if I could have my ban lifted, as this is NOT homophobia, nor was there any proof of "spam" either. I would be more than happy to clarify any of the points I have made.

Thank you for understanding this issue, and I look forward to hearing a response soon.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
I frankly do not care about what your sense of humor is. Rules are rules. Anyway, nothing of what you said is the reason for your ban.

You were reported for racism and I joined the server to see you referring to the REDs as "Jews" (which is probably why you were reported and something you should not do again). I then checked your chat-logs and saw you spammed this your last game-session:

tadPoX1.png

Even disregarding that this seems malicious and you were spamming chat, we do not tolerate any use of homophobic slurs.

Appeal declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.