Declined Unjustly Guard-banned then Server-banned and given no explanation by power-abusing admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckit

Jan 2, 2020
This afternoon (1/2/20), I was on the WonderLand Jailbreak server with KILLER QUEEN, and I was acting as warden. I was under the impression that we are given explanations when we are banned from Blu team, but this was not the case here. I was under the impression that we are given explanations before being banned from the server, but this also seems to not be the case. WonderLand currently must contend with an administrator abusing their powers as such, as KILLER QUEEN unjustly and rudely banned me first from Blu team, then from the server, with no explanation or justification.

The inciting incident that would have caused him to bar me from Blu was a typical Warden action that would, on any server, have been considered just and legal. Among the tools at a Warden's disposal is the Warden Marker, as is the Warden Here Mark. I intentionally placed a Marker, then ordered prisoners to stand on it. Then, I placed a Here Mark, then told prisoners, "Go to my Warden Marker." This is a Warden strategy for weeding out rebellious prisoners who aren't willing to listen to rules or follow them, and it resulted in a great sum of prisoners flocking to the Here Mark, not understanding that the Here Mark is not, in fact, the Warden Marker. So to enforce the rules, I lowered my Tomislav and attacked the prisoners who had left the Warden Marker. This move has been employed regularly on every single Jailbreak server I'd been on, including WonderLand's own servers, and if the user QUEEN had ever played Jailbreak seriously, they would have recognized that there was a clear difference between the two types of mark. I would expect a presumably seasoned Blu team member and presumably frequent Warden to understand this basic rule. But I understood that when they banned me from Blu team, it was because they didn't understand, or possibly didn't care.

QUEEN never explained why I had been banned. Asking the console resulted in the response that I had been banned from Blu for mass freekilling, which as I explained above, was not the case. I was erroneously banned from the team by an admin who should have known better. Moreover, when I attempted to call out QUEEN on this indignity, demanding to know (as a Red player) why they had banned me from Blu team, QUEEN said something in the mic. But they were also talking over Warden, so I did not hear what they had said. After saying something, I asked again to know why they had banned me from Blu. And in lieu of a response, they banned me from the server.

If WonderLand sees this behavior, clearly an abuse of power from a user who was trusted with keeping order on a highly rule-driven server, and WonderLand gives it a pass and refuses to unban me, I would be shocked. WonderLand and its servers are defined by their strict rules and restless dedication to those rules. Allowing an administrator to break these rules and unjustly ban a player from WonderLand's servers is in direct conflict with WonderLand's objectives as a community. I demand to be unbanned and allowed back into the WonderLand Jailbreak server and allowed back on the Blu team; at the very least, I should be unbanned from the server. But if WonderLand judges this behavior as acceptable, then I wouldn't care a whit whether or not the administrators unban me; clearly, it would be a sign that they'd rather not go back on the actions of their admins than perform what is clearly a just, called-for action that could win back one player's loyalty.

• Haha
Reactions: KoolKrafter22

Guac

★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jun 11, 2019
Okay, so you have lied several times in this appeal, and I will be fixing those in this response. First of all, you did kill multiple reds who had left the original warden markers to enter the here marker. Here on Wonderland, a here marker is counted and defined as a warden marker. You had killed approximately 5-7 reds who had left the marker, which is mass freekill, which I guardbanned you for.

Then, the next round, you said and I quote "Killer Queen you fucking prick you guardbanned me?" Which is staff disrespect. I then banned you for that and staff reveal, as that told potential rule breakers that I was a staff member, which would make them go to another server or simply wait until I leave to break the rules.

Additionally, different servers have different rules. I would suggest to read their individual rules before playing, to prevent situations such as this from occurring in the future.

Buckit

Jan 2, 2020
This is wonderful. I'm glad that WonderLand is such a supportive community that allows administrators to abuse their privilege. Thank goodness we have kind, rational admins working for this great server who can admit when they overstep their privilege and who can rationally come to the conclusion that, hey, this is a game, and maybe staff who don't deserve or give respect to other players shouldn't expect it themselves. I'm glad all the staff working at WonderLand support admins, regardless of how they abuse privilege, and I'm especially glad that they all know the basic rules of the server, such as that Warden Markers and Warden Here Marks are, in fact, different things because they have separate names in the Warden Menu. All of this fills me with hope of the continued detoxification of Team Fortress 2's thriving Jailbreak community.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
@Buckit If you have nothing more to add, then I will be declining this appeal. From my point of view (I should mention I manage moderators here), Guac is in the right here. Either way, you have 48 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.