Updated version of minecraftworld_a7

sniperstyx

Aug 29, 2018
United Kingdom
So a few weeks ago i started worrying about the bugs in the original Minecraft world map, originally made by Kulma, so i took the map and edited some things in the map. The first thing i did is repair the bugs and anything else, then starting building more ideas about the spare lands that Kulma intentionally put there. Right now i reached version b3 where i added:
- Something like the cave above RED spawn, right above BLU spawn, in the left corner
- Build a little tunnel from the RED cave to the spare sand spaces
And that's quite it. If you have any ideas in what to add and that everyone will like or love, tell me in the comment section below. I will post the file when i can.

sniperstyx

Aug 29, 2018
United Kingdom
Guys... i need to change the sky to a TF2 stock skybox until i can somehow manage to pack in the skybox as well. This may take a while. BUT! I will only do this if the "Minecraft" skybox actually doesn't work. Please be patient and thank you for being patient this far.

EDIT 1: I need a volunteer to test the world because i am going to firstly upload the map on one of my servers to test it before actually posting it.

Coronarena

Mapper
Sep 3, 2018
Depending on what you need testing, sv_pure 2 usually does the trick (if what you need testing is if the skybox or whatever you've packed really is packed).

Oh and don't forget to repack since there are so many people I see who forget that stage.

sniperstyx

Aug 29, 2018
United Kingdom
Alright, so it has been a few months since i started this. I got my laptop reset by my dad (personal reasons) so i forgot about the map. In this weekend i actually started editing the map once again, starting from Saturday. I added / removed / edited some stuff around the map and it's finished... sort of. There is a part where you go behind the blu spawn, or look at things that are marked as "func_detail" (which i still don't know what it is and what it does exactly) they just disappear. I asked a few people to join my server for a testing and everyone told me, even though i knew already, that those "func_detail" entities disappeared right in their faces. I tried making those things into world brushes, but it was even worse so i had to switch back to "func_detail". If you don't really mind this visual thing, please reply to me and tell me to send the file, if you're impatient or you really want to see the changes. I also had to change the skybox lighting because when i compiled the map with its original environmental light, every light on the map was basically disabled or something (causing "fullbright" to be automatically turned on).

I hope that you understand what i have to go through.

EDIT #1: I did the same things as before, i created a tunnel from inside the RED cave towards the unused sand area and, please don't hate me for this, i copied the temple in the middle of the map and put it into the unused sand area above spawn (so basically + 1 large HP kit). I moved both the boxing arena and the Nether under the Overworld (for those who know Minecraft and played it before; the Nether was moved underneath the Overworld area just to make it look a bit realistic, you know, Earth and the Hell beneath).

EDIT #2: I do believe that i won't get anything special like a rank or something for this. Who knows, it might happen some day, but from my perspective, it's won't happen. Just saying.

Last edited:

OwO The Destoyer

Jan 11, 2019
The Fullbright effect is most likely being caused by a leak, not a enviromental lighting error. I would suggest loading the pointfile for the map, and looking around. If there are no leaks, then i would think that the map is un-optimized, and is causing the compiler to freak out.

sniperstyx

Aug 29, 2018
United Kingdom
The Fullbright effect is most likely being caused by a leak, not a enviromental lighting error. I would suggest loading the pointfile for the map, and looking around. If there are no leaks, then i would think that the map is un-optimized, and is causing the compiler to freak out.
All i did is delete the original environmental light and put another one (sky_dustbowl_01 looked fine to me). Now the only problem to fix are the "func_details".

Conga

Aug 29, 2019
If you have any problems I could likely look through what you've done in the vmf and try to fix it for you

Leaks can cause fullbright and it generally looks bad to have no lighting, I don't know why you would delete the original enviroment light either tbh when you could just edit it but i'm curious.

sniperstyx

Aug 29, 2018
United Kingdom
If you have any problems I could likely look through what you've done in the vmf and try to fix it for you

Leaks can cause fullbright and it generally looks bad to have no lighting, I don't know why you would delete the original enviroment light either tbh when you could just edit it but i'm curious.
To be honest, i already edited the env light, but it still didn't work, so i had to replace it. Now the only problem standing in the way is the disappearing func_detail(s).