V11 Connection issue (missing or differing map) and other stuff

xyso

gamert
Mapper
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2021
united states
so theres been an issue where some people cant join IL cuz it says the map differs from the servers, and this is the post with that solution

first u gotta navigate to your tf2 folder
(drive tf2 is on)\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2
ur thing should look like this

then in the top right where it says "search team fortress 2"
type "azmad" and delete EVERYTHING in there (everything!!)
then, restart TF2 if its not closed already, then, the server should automatically download it for you, if it doesnt for whatever reason, navigate to this link and download the map file

then, with that file downloaded, copy it, and navigate to
(drive tf2 is on)\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\download
AND
(drive tf2 is on)\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf\maps
copy and paste the map into both of those locations (because idk which file tf2 reads when joining IL)
and it should work, if it does not, reply to this thread and tell me your issue, or for a faster response, dm me on discord @ aztec#0404

now for the Q/A

Q1: why is the lighting so different?
A1: xypher told me there is a plugin that modifies/changes the lighting, if you dont believe me, open console, and type "map jail_minecraft_azmad_v11d" and see how the lighting is different.

Q2: why is the map so red sided now?
A2: many people told me that guard was too easy, and how playing inmate was such a challenge because there was only tardis, jeopardy, and top of armory to get ammo, places that guards can easily defend.

thats all for now, leave feedback and questions here please

Reactions: The Pesterer

xyso

gamert
Mapper
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Feb 18, 2021
united states
Xyso we need a villager thing you can hit for a special thing along with a secret hidden emerald on the map
hqdefault.jpg