Invalid VIP Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhalo

★ Donor ★
Sep 26, 2019
Holly okayed the posting of this appeal.

1.) Include your ban profile link:
STEAM_0:0:160844921

2.) Explain what happened / why you have been banned:
A player on Jailbreak was freekilling, freehitting, being racist, and starting illegal days such as armory day as warden.
I assumed someone called an admin as he had been at it for a while and I saw !call in chat. (This was where I messed up)
After which I called a voteteamban.
I was subsequently banned for not waiting 15 minutes.

3.) Tell us why we should unban you:
Wslay was broken in the most recent update. The only way to stop active freekillers right now is with the short voteteamban or risk turning on friendly fire.
My understanding of the 15 minute rule is to prevent VIPs from gaining an unfair advantage or banning where the rules are unclear.
What advantage do I gain from calling a vote to temporarily stop a player from ruining the enjoyment of the rest of the server?
He was clearly breaking multiple rules and was banned shortly before I was for the same duration.

I will make absolutely certain that I confirm the required 15 minutes next time, but I thought I was doing the right thing at the time.

Why punish someone who has not hurt anyone?
I've moderated for Jagex's Runescape, half a dozen Minecraft servers with the largest being rank 4 at the time, and multiple forums.
I'm not saying I'm qualified to moderate your servers, I'm not saying I was trying to.
I truly believe that discretion is the most important aspect of moderating any rule, and if you feel I deserve to be punished then I'm happy to agree.

Eight

Incognito
★ Donor ★
Honorary Member ★
Jul 15, 2017
The rule is in place as VIPs are not staff---you do not punish rule-breakers, staff do, regardless of the situation or staff experience you have. The only exception is if staff can't come (why there's the waiting time), as then you can stop the rule-breaking temporarily and staff can properly punish when possible.

Anyway, your ban has now expired, and I hope to not run into issues such as this in the future.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.